Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... San Jose
 Sharks break Goalless Slump Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  18:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well after almost 200 minutes of goalless hockey the Sharks finally get one. In fact they scored a couple futile goals in a loss to division rivals, Dallas Stars. It seems like their goaltending has really gone in the tank since Christmas and they need a PP to score. They better hope they can regroup quickly because the rest of the league is gaining. I hope McLaren is not out too long (he got hurt in the game)

Edited by - Ripley on 02/18/2007 18:34:45

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2007 :  19:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SJ was down 3-0 today, and although the did lose 5-2 at least they got some goals. 5-0 loss to Nashville; not embarassing but not good, 3-0 loss to Columbus...ouch
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  10:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear ya Ripley, what has gotten into Nabokov and Toskala? Also, I honestly can't believe that they still have the number one PP, even though it's dropped about 3% from their peak. I get that they're on a long road trip but going into it they had the 2nd or 3rd best road record in the league, what happened? You may have gotten to see it first hand so do you have any idea what's going on?

A couple other questions... Did they send Pavelski back down to the minors? And why haven't they been calling Bernier back up, what ever happened to him?
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  11:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bernier is still in the AHL and is an option for them if they dont bring in a top 6 forward. I heard rumors today that Glen Murray could find his way back beside Thornton. Also heard about a Souray to SJ fo Toskala.

SJ is in a position to make some moves. Look at the top 15 rookie scorers and I think there is about 4 Sharks there. Could be worth it to make a significant move, put them over the top and compete with Nashville and Anaheim in the Playoffs. Although, Minnesota or Vancouver will end up taking the West. Always an upset.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  11:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard about Souray rumours but never for Toskala. I would be distraught for quite a while if this trade occured, as I would take Toskala over Nabokov any day and Souray, despite his offensive upside, is a horrible defenseman. I know that Toskala is more likely to go because of Nabokov's huge contract but it be a huge blow to the Sharks. I don't trust that Nabokov could lead the Sharks through the playoffs, at least not the way he's been playing this year.

I would welcome Murray with open, hypothetical arms. San Jose has had a rough time with goals lately, especially on the PP and to have the Murray-Thornton connection reunited in SJ would be awesome.

I would also like to see Bernier back. Ron Wilson didn't give his line with Marleau and Michalek much of a chance to prove themselves together this year after a splendid '06 season. Instead, Bernier got demoted to the 3rd-4th lines and thus was criticized for his lack of scoring. Ahem?
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  13:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see many games live unfortunately. look at joe's production this year - 75 points so far. Not bad for an average joe (pun intended) but for super joe it's pretty weak. he's about 30 points off last year's pace. i know cheech not performing as well is a big part of it but still he's not dominating. Other than Cheechoo, what's the difference for his lack of numbers this year babs? He's only +2!
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  13:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe defenders are starting to catch on.
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  16:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Babs if you aren't watching but you probably are Bernier is back.
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  17:54:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -oil-country-

Maybe defenders are starting to catch on.

true true. It goes to show that 130point seasons need more than just one person's skill, you need team/player chemistry.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  18:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley

130point seasons need more than just one person's skill, you need team/player chemistry.

Indeed, indeed. Sharks' chemistry is a complex thing...I mean, can you imagine the number of reactions that go inside the body of a marine animal of that size?

Hahaha I warned you all I had bad chemistry jokes
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  19:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I was watching and I'm glad they brought him up. Thing is, Marleau was out so I don't know if they'll keep him up and send someone else down (maybe Rissmiller?) instead. Even though they won tonight, I think this whole road trip slump serves as proof of the impact that Toskala and Marleau have on this team. Marleau is Captain Clutch and he would be the one to bring them back to their normal selves but he's out with food poisoning.

I hated how McGuire and Miller were going on and on about how much SJ needs Souray. I wanted to smack them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page