Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Boston
 Patrice Bergeron Injury Status Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9276
( )

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  09:03:57  Reply with Quote
Anybody heard anything about his injury last night. Big loss for the B's if it is serious.

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2011 :  09:26:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been labeled as a mild concussion, however there are several grades of mild concussions, if he didn't come back in the game it's not the first grade, which means he should be out for weeks. I think the bruins learned their lesson last year with savard. A smart team wouldn't let him come back, even though he's so valuable to the bruins.

Go OILERS Go!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2011 :  20:26:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could be lights out for Berg. after the seriousness of his last concussion. If he comes back on a chance the guy is nuts.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  04:37:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Worst case scenerio, he sits until next season, good news? Seguin gets his shot at the title.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  05:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's bigtime bad news for the Bruins.

Remember, Bergeron has already had a very serious concussion . . . so even if this is a low grade one, it's still serious. For his condition, they are all serious concussions.

I'd guess he misses a large part of the next series at the very least, and at most, rest of the playoffs. Which, for the Bruins, may just be the one series, as TB is no pushover, and are playing really well - and with Bergeron out, it's a huge, huge help.

Anyone have a clip of where/when it happened?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  13:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRd3RoAC4Lg

I believe this is the one?
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2011 :  21:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Borderline late hit, i say it's late, but i'm B's fan.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2011 :  09:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no way that hit is late, Bergeron had gotten rid of the puck less than 2 seconds beforehand. A fair hit, delivered fairly as far as I can tell (Giroux's shoulder seems to hit him square in the chest).

Unfortunate for Bergeron, and the Bruins - losing 2 top-flight centres in the same season is tough to recover from. At the beginning of the year there was speculation that Krejci might be traded due to an overabundance of centres - just as well that didn't happen.

I have heard nothing on how long he might be out, concussions are never easy. For Bergeron, it might be longer than others due to his history. Would not be surprised if he was back for game 1, or if he missed the rest of the playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  20:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
less than 2? Late hit.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2011 :  20:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a lot less than 2....
Go to Top of Page

Sensfan101
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
500 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2011 :  04:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to Pierre Mcguire Patrice Bergeron will play in game three.

You miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

ToXXiK1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
696 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  04:58:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

a lot less than 2....

All I can say is, on the Chara / Pax hit, it was less time. All I herd was interference, late hit etc..... Can't have it both ways.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  07:36:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ToXXiK1

quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

a lot less than 2....

All I can say is, on the Chara / Pax hit, it was less time. All I herd was interference, late hit etc..... Can't have it both ways.

Whoa!!! I'd have to disagree with you there! Time them both, and i'll betcha you'll find the Pacioretty hit is longer if you time from when he chips the puck by Chara! No doubt.
I don't think this hit (by Giroux) is late myself. It's no later than most when guys "finish their check", it just happens to be that this one was head on and more forceful, plus it hit a guy who was a little unsuspecting compared to most!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2011 :  10:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You can - its regular season vs playoffs. I think most would agree that there is a lot more latitude given to players in the playoffs than in the regular season, in regards to making checks, finishing checks, subtle stickwork, etc.

While the Bergeron hit might have been called in the regular season, that hit does not stand out at all in this year's playoffs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page