Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Halak a Calder Candidate? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  20:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Do you think Jaroslav Halak of the Montreal Canadiens should be considered in the Calder Memorial Trophy?

I think he should be considered because in my mind he has saved the Candiens season and could possibly get them into the playoffs, although Huet is healing and im not sure how much more playing time Halak will have i think he has had a great rookie campaign. I am not trying to say he should win it ahead of players who have been amazing for there teams all season long like Malkin, Stastny snd Kopitar.

Choices:

Yes
No

Edited by - bablaboushka on 04/04/2007 22:01:57

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  20:24:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think so maybe next year if he is still considered a rookie

Winners never Quit and Quitters never win
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  20:27:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No I dont think he should, he has played great and all but i dont think he has "Saved the season" for the canadians as all there goalies have .500 or better records.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

ED11
Rookie

Canada
224 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  21:07:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No chance. To say that he should be considered you would have to rule out someone...we all know Malkin (85PTS) is gonna be one. Kopitar (59PTS) is probably gonna be another. Jordan Staal (league leading 7 shorthanded goals!!!) is another contender. After those three, there are still guys like Carle (probably only D that would be considered if we had to pick a D), Stastny (73pts!!!), Clowe, Zajac, and even Wolski. There is no way Halak would be considered this year much less win.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2007 :  21:16:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Halek hasn't played that well

His defense stepped it up big time.....He has held the fort ok......But let's call a spade a spade, he looks like an ECHL goalie in there....

I HATE CROSBY
Go to Top of Page

Saku Steen
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1102 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  03:56:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No he shouldnt because of all the other great rookies in the game.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  05:21:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think he should win it but I think he should be a candidate

~~~~~COME ON STARS, LETS BRING IT HOME~~~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest9041
( )

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  12:20:01  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Halek hasn't played that well

His defense stepped it up big time.....He has held the fort ok......But let's call a spade a spade, he looks like an ECHL goalie in there....

I HATE CROSBY

The Habs "D" has been soft all year whether they where losing or winning. They require a solid goalie to win and Halak stepped up where Abby didn't.

Calder? No way because he only has 15 games under his belt. I had the good luck of watching most of the 15 games and I can tell you this… Halak will NOT win the Calder but he is the real deal. This guy is 21 years old and will be a #1 goalie for a winning team.

Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  12:59:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's too many other good rookies for Halak to be a candidate, (Malking, Kopitar, Stastny, Staal) he's good but not THAT good.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  14:11:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First of all, 15 games does not make him a rookie of the year candidate. Since he has not played 25 games this year he will be considered a rookie next year, if he plays. He Second of all, if he should be considered, so should Mike Smith from Dallas. Better record, better save %, better GAA, and more shutouts. Thirdly, with Malkin, Kopitar, Stastny, J. Staal, Wolski, Penner, Carle, Radulov, etc. all rookies this year?? He does not belong ahead of any of those guys.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  14:54:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like Beans said, he isn't a "rookie" anyways, but should Aubin have won the Hart last year because he won 9 of TO's last 10 games? Apply that same answer here.
Go to Top of Page

kanadian7
Top Prospect

Canada
23 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  15:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sorry but Halak has played well at home...and not even close to well on the road. He has given them a chance to make the playoffs so for that, the team is greatful. A calder candidacy is pushing the bar waaaaay down, I think it would be disrespectful to the rest of the candidates.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  15:35:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's just not as good as the other rookie contenders.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  15:40:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He hasn't played enough games in my mind. And with the other phenomenol rookies listed above, Halak doen't nearly come close.

Long Live Leafs Nation!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2007 :  18:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No way he wins the calder. Going up against guys like malkin and staal.He has not even played a quarter of the season.

Leafs 4 Playoffs!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page