Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Cammalleri a Flame Again! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2335 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  18:54:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just heard on the Anaheim Center Ice feed that Mike Cammalleri is a Calgary Flame again! Awaiting more info.

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  18:55:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rene Bourque is one of the other players involved.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  19:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary gets:
Mike Cammalleri
Karri Ramo
5th round pick in 2012

Montreal gets:
Rene Bourque
Patrick Holland
2nd round pick in 2013
Go to Top of Page

spade632
Rookie

Canada
247 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  19:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just started a thread too (in the Trades & rumours section) but saw this and deleted it.

Anyhow, Talk about swift "justice..."

A day after Mike Cammallerri spoke out about the Canadiens' "losing attitude" this season he's traded to the Flames for Rene Bourque. ("We prepare for our games like losers. We play like losers. So it's no wonder why we lose")

He even started tonight's game against Boston and was PULLED OUT of the game and sent back to the hotel.

Ouch.

Edited by - spade632 on 01/12/2012 19:10:52
Go to Top of Page

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  19:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its funny how bourque is suspended
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  19:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No doubt he was pulled from the MTL game because the deal was approved by the league at that time. Neither team would want to risk injury.

I love this trade. I never liked that Cammalleri left and frankly Bourque won't be the level of player Cammalerri is now for at least a few years (if ever). This team doesn't have that much time. As for the other player's they are a wash and the draft picks are irrelevant if you take the stand point that the Flames aren't quite ready to blow up the team (clearly they aren't)

Flames are instantly a better team! Great job Feaster!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  19:32:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apparently he has 2 years left on his contract. That's perfect for a team who wants to take a run at it. And it's not an over-committment either so if they want to rebuild they can deal him next year if things look bad.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  21:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Apparently he has 2 years left on his contract. That's perfect for a team who wants to take a run at it. And it's not an over-committment either so if they want to rebuild they can deal him next year if things look bad.

I'm glad you're happy Leigh...... that makes one of us.. I havn't herd much positive about bourque hoping you got something for me Leigh, other than he's good at getting suspended, does he play a physical game at least? i have herd he isn't a very strong skater and was having problems off the ice in CGY, plus he is older than Cammalleri when i first herd the trade i thought Rene was like 26 or so... but he is a 30 yr old who has never come close to Cammy's best totals,

Also apparently Gauthier didn't even fish Cammy's name out there to try and sweeten the pot or get a better deal....

Looks like i'll have a Cammalleri Calgary jersey to hang next to my Iginla jersey.....

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  01:01:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty I've always had mixed thoughts on Bourque. He definitely has a nose for the net and has over 50 goals in the last two seasons combined - which is pretty damn good. But the guy could have had over 60 if he tried a little harder. His intensity level seems quite low. His potential upside is decent but he needs good linemates or he's just average. And as for suspensions, he's actually not that dirty of a player. He doesn't go around looking for trouble, seems to me he just make a couple bad judgement calls.

Frankly I think Calgary won this deal even with giving away the second round pick. While I'm sure with the season MTL has been having they were probably already shopping Cammy around, I think his comments yesterday made them expedite it...which probably made them take a little less than they otherwise would have.

And on top of this deal the Flames got Giordano back tonight. It's not too late to slide into a bottom level playoff spot.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  09:02:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

Pasty I've always had mixed thoughts on Bourque. He definitely has a nose for the net and has over 50 goals in the last two seasons combined - which is pretty damn good. But the guy could have had over 60 if he tried a little harder. His intensity level seems quite low. His potential upside is decent but he needs good linemates or he's just average. And as for suspensions, he's actually not that dirty of a player. He doesn't go around looking for trouble, seems to me he just make a couple bad judgement calls.

I agree, Bourque is a conundrum. He has all the skills to be a 70-pt player in the NHL, but doesn't seem to have the drive to consistently score. When he's on, he's on - he plays a hard and physical game, and can lay out bone crushing checks. He plays in front of the net and gets some dirty goals, but can skate too. PP and PK time. As a Canuck fan I see him several times a year, and he always plays the Canucks hard.

However, when he's off, he's pretty much invisible.

I think MTL was going after him for a specific reason, the physical aspect combined with a potential to score (if they can motivate him). He's also cheaper than Cammy - but he should be as he's simply not as skilled.

CGY has to be salivating at the thought of Cammy and Iginla together again. I'm salivating at the thought for my hockey pool.

Edited by - nuxfan on 01/13/2012 09:02:52
Go to Top of Page

Guest4038
( )

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  10:16:13  Reply with Quote
i was gonna come on here and bash Feaster for making such a dumb trade, thinking that Bourque was a younger player then Cammy. however........just checked nhl.com and found out the Rene is in fact 30 years old! wow! i had no idea.

that totally flips my opinion on this. good on Feaster and the rest of his team in Calgary for making this happen. Cammy will have an immediate impact and will gel with Iggy right off the hop. will it help them make the playoffs? personally i don't think so........only 3 pts out of 8th, but they have to hop over 4 teams to get there. long way to go yet, but still in a tough spot.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9701
( )

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  11:45:29  Reply with Quote
Can someone explain or try to explain to me what Gauthier was thinking when he made this deal. Could he have waited for a better offer from other teams? I like Cammy and I was disappointed about the trade. Other "big" moves include trading for Kaberle and firing Martin, is Gauthier desperate to save his job or are the Canadiens really a better team with these moves?
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  12:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this deal was in the works for a lot longer than yesterday. This notion that this deal was made because of what Cammalleri said it poppycock. Montreal would have gotten a lot less if it was a dump.

This appears to be one of those deals where the value is pretty much the same and each team got what they wanted. Doesn't mean it won't pan out for one and sink the other, but at this point is very fair. Montreal wanted to get a bit bigger up front and expects some more garbage goals. Calgary got a little more speed and skill with a player who was successful for them in the past. Romo is a serviceable back up and I know nothing about Patrick Holland.

In the long run, the 2nd round pick that Montreal gets might tilt this in their favour but only time will tell. Unfortunately, I don't think this trade move either team up the standings but both are a little happier with the make up of their respective teams.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  13:18:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I think this deal was in the works for a lot longer than yesterday. This notion that this deal was made because of what Cammalleri said it poppycock. Montreal would have gotten a lot less if it was a dump.

This appears to be one of those deals where the value is pretty much the same and each team got what they wanted. Doesn't mean it won't pan out for one and sink the other, but at this point is very fair. Montreal wanted to get a bit bigger up front and expects some more garbage goals. Calgary got a little more speed and skill with a player who was successful for them in the past. Romo is a serviceable back up and I know nothing about Patrick Holland.

In the long run, the 2nd round pick that Montreal gets might tilt this in their favour but only time will tell. Unfortunately, I don't think this trade move either team up the standings but both are a little happier with the make up of their respective teams.

Holland is 9th in WHL scoring and apparently plays well in all situations, pk pp etc,,, that is all i know

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Guest4087
( )

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  13:40:12  Reply with Quote
Good luck Calgary fans, Cammaleri was a disaster in Montreal. Don't skate, don't hit and don't score. His utility average zero.

When he played for the Flames and he add 86 pts, I pick him in my pool and I love him. He never achieve his promises in Montreal, good thing, I hate this club (ex-Nordiques fan's).

Bourque is a big boy and Mtl miss this kind of player. But, in Mtl but the big guy play like little boy (ha! ha!). No playoffs this year.

Maybe for the Flames if...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  10:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Beans - the deal must have been in the works for longer, and Cammi's comments are probably as a result of him already knowing he was about to get traded, hence the looser lips.

I think Calgary makes out great on this trade. Iggy and Cammalleri had awesome chemistry, so it reunites two old very effective linemates. Secondly, as pointed out, with two years left on his contract, it's a perfect number if he remains at his present plodding pace. With the trade though, I bet you he will be super motivated now.

Montreal doesn't do too badly - it adds more physicality, he's a Quebecois player (just from his name, not sure where he grew up) and maybe his compete level increases in Montreal. It also clears a bit of money on their books.

But in the end, the trade goes to the team who initially gets the best player - and that is definitely Cammalleri at this point, IMHO.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  13:59:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

he's a Quebecois player (just from his name, not sure where he grew up) and maybe his compete level increases in Montreal.

Well, he was born in the city of Lac la Biche........Lac la Biche, Alberta.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2012.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2012 :  17:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

......Montreal doesn't do too badly - it adds more physicality, he's a Quebecois player (just from his name, not sure where he grew up)

Actually he's not Québécois. He doesn't speak French either. Apparently he's a little concerned that the fans may have expectations in that department.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  09:23:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Frankly, I can't understand for the life of me lately why Montreal fans are making such huge deals (seems to be, even more so lately), about their Captain, GM, Head Coach, etc... being EXPECTED to speak French.

It's not like translators do not exist... it's not like 90% of Canadiens fans don't speak English... I just can't grasp it any more, and it's starting to bother me.. lol.

They say they will hire a French-speaking coach next season... I'm sure that has impacted and affected their current coach... he basically knows he has less than a year to become fluent in another language, or he has no job. Talk about worrysome... let alone trying to focus on the team.

I just can't grasp it any longer... not everyone speaks your language, get over it. I'm sorry. :/

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8414
( )

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  09:29:14  Reply with Quote
Both GMs have stated that this trade has been in the works for a while. I think Feaster said the other day possibly late November?

As a Flames fan I like this trade. Bob Mckenzie of TSN statistically compared the two of them, and in the same number of games (looking at more than this season) the two score at roughly the same rate.

That aside, the reason I don't like Bourque is he is far too streaky for his own good. When he's actually playing hockey I think he is a better player than Cammy. The problem with that is Bourque only plays hockey for about 20-30 games a season. The rest of the time he disappears completely, with the exception of taking horrendously stupid penalties and getting the odd suspension.

I wish him well, but let's go Flames!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  12:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do they compare statistically as somehow even? Because of this year's first half? Because of the last two years where Cammalleri has been in Montreal?

Sorry, I don't see it. Cammi has a high end so far in the 80s for points, 35ish goals and plus 40 assists. The best that Bourque has done is get 27 goals and 58 points.

Cammalleri has great high end potential - more so considering that he will be reunited with a highly skilled player (Iggy) that led him to his best years so far.

Where is Bourque going? Oh yeah, to offensively challenged Montreal.

I don't see Bourque getting any better in Montreal, and I certainly can't see Cammi doing worse in Calgary. I think they are both headed in different directions now, statistically.

Go to Top of Page

Guest8414
( )

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  08:42:09  Reply with Quote
Slozo - http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=384950

"Okay, but let's factor in Cammalleri's 39-goal zenith in 08-09. He is, after all, returning to the scene of the crime. In his last three-plus seasons, Cammalleri has 93 goals in 250 games for GPG average of .37. Not too shabby.

But Bourque's numbers in that time are still pretty good, too. He has 88 goals in 249 games, for a GPG average of .35. Or more simply put, in one extra game in that time, Cammalleri has just five more goals than Bourque."

I misremembered and thought they were talking about total points, they were just talking about goals.

Cammy has reached higher point totals, but he played constantly with Iggy, whereas Bourque rarely does.

I'm not arguing with you, I see Cammy's stats going up while Bourque's I have no idea. He is either going to flop on a big level or he will score at roughly the same rate because he can't be bothered to put in a solid effort every night.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  22:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8414

Slozo - http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/bob_mckenzie/?id=384950

"Okay, but let's factor in Cammalleri's 39-goal zenith in 08-09. He is, after all, returning to the scene of the crime. In his last three-plus seasons, Cammalleri has 93 goals in 250 games for GPG average of .37. Not too shabby.

But Bourque's numbers in that time are still pretty good, too. He has 88 goals in 249 games, for a GPG average of .35. Or more simply put, in one extra game in that time, Cammalleri has just five more goals than Bourque."

I misremembered and thought they were talking about total points, they were just talking about goals.

Cammy has reached higher point totals, but he played constantly with Iggy, whereas Bourque rarely does.

I'm not arguing with you, I see Cammy's stats going up while Bourque's I have no idea. He is either going to flop on a big level or he will score at roughly the same rate because he can't be bothered to put in a solid effort every night.

And . . . I will give you three guesses as to why one player was given a chance right away to play with Iggy, and why one was never given that opportunity . . .

I get the comparison for the last three season point totals - but it's a false comparison, as hockey remains a team game, and all players are greatly influenced to some degree by their respective teams offence, system, and ability.

I think we will see Cammi head and shoulders above Bourque by the end of the season, just from the change in teams.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page