Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
 2005 Heads Up Archive
 Does Anybody Care? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2005 :  16:00:58  Show Profile
Contributed by: Raphael Borenstein

Well hours and hours of negotiating and rumors upon rumors have been in the headlines for the last two weeks and we seem to be getting closer to a finalized deal, but does anybody really care anymore? I do…..sort of. To be honest, I don’t want to hear another word about it until it is all done and they say, “Here is the deal we made, and this is what is going to happen from here on in…”

I am one of the people, who think the state of the game was just fine before (not including financially) but it is going to be exciting to see all the new on ice changes and the marketing campaigns the league goes forward with. It will be exciting to see what happens with the draft and all of the exceptional new talent that is ready to make an impact on the ‘new’ league. It will be great to see a whole bunch of future hall of fame players, as well as a bundle of others who were overpaid, or past their prime all step aside and let the youth and future of the NHL take the reins and control of the league.

Personally I hope the players get nothing they want in this deal but in reality they will get some concessions, although I believe the owners will come out getting closer to what they planned for and rightfully so. The fans will come back and the league will flourish again. A true hockey fan is deeper and much more passionate than any other type of sports fan.

So right now as reports swirl and ‘experts’ make predictions I don’t really care. It is summer and I am enjoying the weather and the beach, but once the announcement is made and things start rolling, I will get that tingling feeling and my heart will start to race as I think to myself, “I can’t wait until the puck drops!”

Have an opinion on Raphael's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
Pickuphockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute articles on a regular basis drop us an email. admin@pickuphockey.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page