Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Detroit
 CHANGES needed in the motor city Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  14:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the wings look old and tired, i hate to say it but changes are needed, playoffs 20yrs in a row... cool, but first round and out not cool. and if things dont change this playoff streak will end real soon.

what changes do the wings need to make besides getting younger?
anyone?

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  15:15:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I think the Red Wings have looked better in the past, I dont see the need for a panick button. Maybe some new blood, as can't recall any new face's since Howard became the #1 goalie. Anybody interesting in the system?
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  15:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the Red Wings were talking about, of course they have someone interesting in their system. They probably have 2 guys you've never heard of that they picked in the 6th or 7th round that will one day rule the NHL.

They do have that Brenden Smith i think his name is, he's supposed to be one of the better D-men in the AHL.

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  15:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If i'm not mistaken, they have the cap room to make a splash in free agency as well, no? Hello, is this Shea Weber, this is Ken Holland calling........
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2012 :  17:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

If i'm not mistaken, they have the cap room to make a splash in free agency as well, no? Hello, is this Shea Weber, this is Ken Holland calling........

Yes Detroit should have lots of cap space to play with this offseason.

Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey Ken, you wouldn't believe this, but the Yserman in Tampa just called and its +30 in Jan there! Whats the weather like in Detroit in January! Hey Ken, hang on I got Brett Hull from Dallas on the other line.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  08:51:51  Reply with Quote
ummmmmm, it's Ryan Suter that's a UFA isn't it? not Weber....
Go to Top of Page

Open_Ice
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  13:07:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During one of the first round games, a commentator said that this is a Detroit try-out for Ryan Suter next year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest3524
( )

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  13:22:25  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6786

ummmmmm, it's Ryan Suter that's a UFA isn't it? not Weber....

Weber is RFA, Suter is UFA. Check out capgeek.com. It lists all the salaries and who the FAs are for each team. The Pred's have a lot of signing to do by July 1st.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  13:30:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no one is gonna sign long term in detroit. in the next 2-5 years this team will be brutal.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  13:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't agree with this entire post. From the coach, to the GM, to the stars playing on the ice, this is a quality organization. Bet you lots of up and coming stars/prospect would love a chance to play for the windy city. Lots of life left in this old dog as they are still in the top half of the NHL and the league even with all its parity still cant knock the Red Wings out of playoff contention.
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

no one is gonna sign long term in detroit. in the next 2-5 years this team will be brutal.

66 is > than 99

Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  14:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wouldnt say brutal, and yes we have money to spend, i wouldnt say weber is coming... after the zetterburg thing, but i can see suter ending up here.

as for up and comers. theres no datsyuk or zetterburg late round luck. but you never know.

brenden smith seems to be pretty solid and kyle quincey was a nice pick up.

but for up front "all eggs one basket" to much money on three players, but i guess every team is like that.

i would like to see a new goalie, no trust in howard
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  14:56:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by foolpittier

as for up and comers. theres no datsyuk or zetterburg late round luck. but you never know.

How do you know? You sure as hell couldn't have seen those two coming!!! There could be some hidden gems in there that you don't even know about yet!!!

As for a goalie, the Canucks have a guy named Luongo who's going to be available very shortly....
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  15:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey not a bad idea, and the Red Wings have a habit of picking up #1 goalies after they have a off year. They even like those long term contracts. Is Howard that bad though. I haven't heard any really bad comment about him. I thought his stats earlier this year were in the elite column. Is that the team elevating a players stats? Sure goes against the argument that Detroit is a crap team if the team elevates a bad goalies stats.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 04/24/2012 15:26:55
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  15:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joshua....Howard's #'s were elite up to his injury. Funny thing is, it's been so long since Det had a really good goalie that i think some are convinced he's "it" yet? The Wings have had so much success with mid level goalies that often it's just assumed that their goalie isn't very good. I think with the reputation around the Wings that Luongo would go there, but i'm not sure Det would be wanting him and his salary enough over Howard. I think they stick with Howard and spend their money elsewhere.
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  16:18:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

How do you know? You sure as hell couldn't have seen those two coming!!! There could be some hidden gems in there that you don't even know about yet!!!

As for a goalie, the Canucks have a guy named Luongo who's going to be available very shortly....

Dont yell at me.

i said " but you never know" . Go back and read.

id hate to see the wings take on another long term deal with roberto.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  16:33:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Dont yell at me.

Take it easy Mr. Sensitive! I wasn't yelling. FYI, THIS IS HOW PEOPLE USUALLY EXHIBIT YELLING IN TEXT!!! The exclamation marks were not meant as "yelling", sorry if you mistook that. Don't start being a Slantos and claim i can't read.
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  16:50:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think Detroit will ever suck, they have an amazing franchise. They attract free agents and draft well. Some tweaking will be need if they want a deep playoff run but I would panic. They had that amazing streak this year

Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  17:06:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Dont yell at me.

Take it easy Mr. Sensitive! I wasn't yelling. FYI, THIS IS HOW PEOPLE USUALLY EXHIBIT YELLING IN TEXT!!! The exclamation marks were not meant as "yelling", sorry if you mistook that. Don't start being a Slantos and claim i can't read.

lol
Go to Top of Page

foolpittier
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
374 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2012 :  17:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Clatts

I don't think Detroit will ever suck, they have an amazing franchise. They attract free agents and draft well. Some tweaking will be need if they want a deep playoff run but I would panic. They had that amazing streak this year

Don Cherry on Visors

thats the word TWEEKING, 4 sure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page