Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 who fits best? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  08:14:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
with all the speculation with goalies this off season. who do you think would be the BEST fit for the number 1 goaling in TO.

Of all the goalis available in FA or with trades i honestly think that lou would be the best fit.

he would at the very least get the leafs back to playoffs wich will take heat off of burke while (from the fan base crying out that he is not a good fit) our younger goalies mature and improve behind him.

who knows he may be the cure to the curse that is the elusive stanley cup. (doubtfull)

although i would like to see harding (UFA) in the blue and white. burke has said he is going to try to retool some positions through trades. i like the idea of a young number 1 goaling thriving in a hockey rich market.

Edited by - mandree888 on 04/25/2012 08:19:30

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  08:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If he wanted to play there, i think he'd actually be a good fit. However, the TO / Van relationship thing could make it difficult? But, Nonis is the guy who brought Lu to the Canucks so he could still be partial to him. It would require him convincing Burke to take on a contract that Burke has spoken out against (extremely long term). Coin flip if this would ever occure really.

Burke likely covets a young guy like Schneider more though and it's possible with the lack of a friendly relationship i mentioned with Van, he could be the one to throw an offer sheet Cory's way? Maybe big money but for a shorter term? Either way, the Canucks will prob match. Or Burke could try for Harding or even a guy like Vokoun though he's not getting any younger.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  08:39:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good points alex i didnt relaize it was nonis that brought in lou.

another young goalie i over looked was Bernier from LA i believe he is the back up who (if i am not mistaken) is a UFA this year. has basicaly that same style of play as johnny quick same numbers as well.
i stand corrected he is under contract untill the end of next year where he is then a RFA cap hit is 1.52 mill

Edited by - mandree888 on 04/25/2012 08:53:08
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  09:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Bernier might have a similar style to Quick, but he is not close on the numbers, or on the experience.

I have to think after 2 years of riding young unproven goalies in the hopes of something magic that Burke might be leaning towards a more proven netminder this coming year. I too think Luongo would be a good fit in TO (although I don't know if he'd waive his NMC to go there) - he is a very good goalie at a reasonable price, with 5-7 years left in the tank. He'd be good to mentor a younger goalie as a backup (Reimer, Gustavsson, other) while taking the pressure off by playing the lions share of the games.

And there is the Nonis connection...

However, I'd be surprised if the two sides could work out a deal that both would like. There is enough bad blood between the two management groups that it would be difficult, and Burke will definitely try to underpay.

If not Luongo in the TO net, then another veteran goalie - Vokoun might be a good fit.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  09:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW nuxfan lol i could have sworn he played more games than that ROFL! i appologize i would captivated by his youth rofl.

the only problem i see with lou is it feels like a bandaid solution not the cast that fixes the problem for the future.

just trying to think out side the box. you are right vokoun could be another choice for burke to make.

although i again see this as a band aid solution. and vokoun wants a cup if he goes anywhere it will be a cup contender. not a rebuilding team he made that very clear when he went to washington.

Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  09:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Vokoun's 35 or 36 though, maybe a bit old, though Burke could use him to get through a couple of years maybe 3 and groom another youngster be it Reimer or someone else? I guess he's only 2 or 3 years older than Luongo though?

Bernier might be an option if he wants to go young, but it could cost him too. Like Schneider, he's an RFA (NOT UFA) and could be tough to aquire both $-wise and compensation-wise!

Speaking of LA goalies though, Quick is only signed through next season and then he becomes UFA! LA might wanna see about signing him long term, a topic i'm sure they've got on their radar! Wonder how they're gonna look as far as the cap goes with Carter, Richards, Kopitar and Doughty all with high cap hits already? Though i do notice Carter's cap hit is low, but i'm guessing that's the portion for this year only, next year it goes up i think?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  10:21:43  Reply with Quote
i'd say Luongo is the pefect solution for Toronto right now......only not for the next 10 years.
forgetting about the terms for a moment, Lou could come in and be your no.1 goalie right from the hop. he can be in that spot for two solid years, and at the same time be a mentor for someone like Reimer or Scrivens.
then from year 3 and onwards you start to give Reimer/Scrivens more starts and slowly push Lou down the ladder. beyond that you hope to heck that Reimer/Scrivens are ready to take over the no. 1 spot.

But again.......the terms suck. 10 years at $5.3M a year is ridiculous. PLUS, Burke would have to dump some salary from his current roster cuz adding Lou would probably put him over the cap. who'd be the one(s) to go? it'd be nice to dump either one of Connolly or Komisarek, but who's gonna take 'em? i'd be willing to bet that answer is a big fat NOBODY! Burke would be faced with some tough decisions about who he's willing to part with to get Lou. but then again, he's got some tough decision this summer regardless if he's going after Lou or not....
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  10:52:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, let's look at what are probably the available options:

UFAs/RFAs, or available through trades:
Brodeur (will likely re-sign with NJ)
Harding
Vokoun
Chris Mason
Luongo
Bernier
Thomas

Basically, we have the old guys (Brodeur, Vokoun, Thomas) the uproven (Harding, Mason, Bernier) and you have Luongo - prime of career, top ten/top five goalie. And, Luongo may be the cheapest of all of them by trade, on account of his contract.

No brainer, Luongo.

Might he have issues with the media glare here? Doubtful, as he faced a great amount in Vancouver with aplomb and dignity - known as a classy guy with good composure in the face of the media.

So, to me it's just a matter of price, and is he willing to come here to hockey's capital! Oh, and that pride thing with Burke . . . there have only been about a hundred articles already asking Burke to actually acquire Luongo. True story.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  11:58:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://capgeek.com/ufa_finder.php?position_id=G&stats_type=ICE_TIME

this a link all UFA goalies at the end of this year.

http://capgeek.com/free_agents.php?year_id=2012&team_id=-1&position_id=G&fa_type_id=1
this one is a link of theall the RFA goalies this year.

Edited by - mandree888 on 04/25/2012 12:26:10
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  12:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

So, to me it's just a matter of price, and is he willing to come here to hockey's capital! Oh, and that pride thing with Burke . . . there have only been about a hundred articles already asking Burke to actually acquire Luongo. True story.

LOL...so true Slozo. the second that Lou told the hockey world that he would waive his no-trade if the team asked him to, every media outlet in Toronto went snakey! Is he sure he wants to sign here?

P.S. finally decided to lose the "guest" profile and officially register. was previously know as guest 6786.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  12:56:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6786

i'd say Luongo is the pefect solution for Toronto right now......only not for the next 10 years.

I don't think anyone really thinks that Lou will be playing hockey until the end of that contract. As soon as the salary dips down below 4M per year, he'll retire. So you would have 7 years, until he was 39.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  12:57:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

P.S. finally decided to lose the "guest" profile and officially register. was previously know as guest 6786.

Wish more of the regular guest posters would do the same!

Slozo, is there really that much talk in TO about the possibilities of aquiring Luongo? I still say he'll be relatively cheap to aquire (minimal clubs interested/capable, knowledge that the Canucks need to either move him or Schneider, etc). He'd def be the cheapest of the goalies who should be still playing in 5-6 years.
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  16:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

......So, to me it's just a matter of price, and is he willing to come here to hockey's capital! .......

Geez man! I just threw up a little in my mouth, and after having a burger smothered in blue cheese....that's not pleasant at all!

I would think Montreal might have an issue with that facetious statement?....oh no, there it goes again, fromage et bleu, again!

Let's not forget those Canuckleheads, they seem to think they have moved in to that echelon as well.......gotta run, my slight burp ups are starting to turn in to potential projectile expulsions!
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2012 :  18:18:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116
[br
Speaking of LA goalies though, Quick is only signed through next season and then he becomes UFA! LA might wanna see about signing him long term, a topic i'm sure they've got on their radar! Wonder how they're gonna look as far as the cap goes with Carter, Richards, Kopitar and Doughty all with high cap hits already? Though i do notice Carter's cap hit is low, but i'm guessing that's the portion for this year only, next year it goes up i think?

Penner and Stoll come off the books this year, Penner definitely won't get near the same contract if he re-signs. They have Gagne off the books the same year as Quick so they should be able to save enough room to sign him. Who knows what will happen in the new CBA though.

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  05:43:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[/quote]
Slozo, is there really that much talk in TO about the possibilities of aquiring Luongo? I still say he'll be relatively cheap to aquire (minimal clubs interested/capable, knowledge that the Canucks need to either move him or Schneider, etc). He'd def be the cheapest of the goalies who should be still playing in 5-6 years.
[/quote]

to add more fuel to the Toronto fire, a story posted early this morning confirms that the Leafs are among the short list of teams that Lou would accept a trade to. the only other team confirmed right now is Tampa Bay. apparently he's to provide the complete list to Mike Gilis some time next week.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  06:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you have a link to that notice gipper? i would like to read it.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  06:38:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
story from Sportsnet...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/04/26/roberto_luongo_trade_rumours_maple_leafs_canucks/

Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  06:44:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so with this new devolpment we can now speculate what burke would have to give up for him?

(not gonna lie kinda excited about this possability, already hearing lou ringing through ACC)

if burke was to keep his word and only trade older players.
wich he did state he wanted to keep his younger guys and draft picks he would have

Lupul
Kessel
Grabo
MacArthur
Kulimen
Connely
Lombardi
Steckel
Bozak
Brown
(crabb is UFA, and so is rosehill)

Phaneuf
Komisarek
Liles
Franson
as potential trade bait.

keep in mind i am basing this off the info that he wants to keep his younger guys.

Edited by - mandree888 on 04/26/2012 07:26:02
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  07:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Wish more of the regular guest posters would do the same!

My god man, you have no idea.

Look online at the Toroto Star and Sun sports sections for the last week.

For the last two weeks and counting, for instance, there have been full page and two page articles on how Burke has failed, what his mistakes are, what happened in the past, what to do now, etc. Luongo has only been mentioned probably 20 times in those articles alone.

Then there's yesterday's 2 page opinion piece on getting Luongo. Day before, half page article on the same thing. I'm afraid to look today.

And that's just one paper. It's half of what the puckheads on the radio talk about too, and we ARE in the middle of the playoffs here! It's exhausting, here in the capital of hockey (that's for my pukey friend Fat Elvis)

Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  08:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

so with this new devolpment we can now speculate what burke would have to give up for him?

(not gonna lie kinda excited about this possability, already hearing lou ringing through ACC)

if burke was to keep his word and only trade older players.
wich he did state he wanted to keep his younger guys and draft picks he would have

Lupul
Kessel
Grabo
MacArthur
Kulimen
Connely
Lombardi
Steckel
Bozak
Brown
(crabb is UFA, and so is rosehill)

Phaneuf
Komisarek
Liles
Franson
as potential trade bait.

keep in mind i am basing this off the info that he wants to keep his younger guys.

i just hope that Burke doesn't give away key peices to our future in order to get him. he's got a good thing going with the farm team right now, and I'd hate to see him fall into the same trap that previous GM's have.
and as i said before, he's gonna have to move some bodies in order to make the cap space. the big questions are who does he move? and how does he convince another team to take them?
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  10:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my mistake i re read the artical from the fourth period. burke never said he wouldnt trade younger players. he only stated that he would not trade the number 1 pick that the leafs have from this year......
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  10:40:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i just hope that Burke doesn't give away key peices to our future in order to get him.
he's got a good thing going with the farm team right now, and I'd hate to see him fall into the same trap that previous GM's have.
and as i said before, he's gonna have to move some bodies in order to make the cap space. the big questions are who does he move? and how does he convince another team to take them?

Is it just me, or do any of you agree that it shouldn't take much to get him? I just don't see how MG can command a high asking price when it's known that he wants/needs to get rid of him? The only way the price goes up in Vancouver's favour is if Luongo's list is as big as we'ver heard (possibly as many as 6 teams?) AND more than 1 shows interest in aquiring him. Otherwise, i still think he's obtainable on the cheap!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  11:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is it just me, or do any of you agree that it shouldn't take much to get him? I just don't see how MG can command a high asking price when it's known that he wants/needs to get rid of him? The only way the price goes up in Vancouver's favour is if Luongo's list is as big as we'ver heard (possibly as many as 6 teams?) AND more than 1 shows interest in aquiring him. Otherwise, i still think he's obtainable on the cheap!

I think we'll all be surprised by the package that comes back to Vancouver, should they move Luongo. It would probably be more than most here think, but ultimately viewed as less by everyone in Vancouver.

Also important to remember - VAN does not need to trade him, its not like they have their backs to the wall and must move him. I do believe that they will shop both goalies at the same time, and if none of the returns for Luongo are deemed good enough, they may trade Schneider for what would probably be an exceptional package. It would be the unpopular choice, but if VAN could seriously upgrade their scoring forwards and/or defense, I'd be happy going forward with Luongo.

Edited by - nuxfan on 04/26/2012 11:08:52
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  11:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be ok with Luongo as well nuxfan, but i don't see it happening now. I think he pretty much wants out, but that's just my thinking. Also, i don't see the Canucks trading Schneider now. After bringing him along like they have and seeing him develop, and now being in a position to keep him, i seriuosly think they've already decided to commit to him. IMO, they'll take next to nothing for Luongo (although they will def get "something") just to be able to offload his contract and move forward with Schneider.

I will be very surprised if Luongo is here come Sept.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  12:38:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i agree that it won't take too much to acquire him. i think that taking on that contract is almost enough in itself. a mid-level roster player and a good prospect just might do it. so in the Leafs case say Tyler Bozak and Jerry D'Amigo? (pure speculation).
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  12:51:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think in this case you might see a salary dump as well. so even if they do trade bozak. i think it ould also be a salary dump of maybe phanuef or something like that. i honestly am hoping that they give the "C" to someone else.
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  13:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Phaneuf? Are you kidding? Neither team wants that to happen!

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2013.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  13:36:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

Phaneuf? Are you kidding? Neither team wants that to happen!

just a thought (i personally dont like him and i think sendiong him to Van would greatly benifit both teams.)

Van would recieve a gritty big hitting offensive defenceman.

TOR would get the number 1 goalie they have covet for eons.

again this is what i would offer not what i think they are going to offer. my best guess about what they are going to offer is most likely franson however i would not be happy to see him go as i really like him.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9644
( )

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  14:49:08  Reply with Quote
Fact is, Brian Burke knows that he HAS to make the playoffs next year, or he will be without a job. Luongo, love or hate him, will greatly increase the chances of the Leafs making the playoffs.

He is a proven elite regular-season goaltender. Unless Vancouver is crazy and starts demanding blue chip prospects or Toronto's #5 pick in the draft, people should get ready to see bobby lou in the blue and white. Best part of it is, in 4 or 5 years when he's total garbage, the leafs are rich enough to bury him in the minors ala Wade Redden. Win-win.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  14:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

i think in this case you might see a salary dump as well. so even if they do trade bozak. i think it ould also be a salary dump of maybe phanuef or something like that. i honestly am hoping that they give the "C" to someone else.

don't think that Gilis would take on a big salary in return. Burke would have to look elsewhere in a separate deal.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  15:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is gonna sound crazy, but i don't mind Phaneuf (the player). The person, he's a bit of a tool from everything i've heard and i was surprised he was made captain. Now, the crazy part is, he's not performed well the past 3 years. However, in the right system, with the right partner, i think he's still got potential to be a very good dman. He def needs to rethink his game, but the ability is there to improve as far as i'm concerned. Regardless, like Gipper said, i don't think Gillis is going to want to take back contract, esp one that is 6.5M for a guy who could be considered a "project" as he's just not living up to those numbers right now!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  15:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But does Van really need a Phaneuf, and does Burke really want to unload his Captain of choice?

Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  16:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

But does Van really need a Phaneuf, and does Burke really want to unload his Captain of choice?

The Canucks could probably use parts of Phaneuf. The PP quarterback and big minute big body defenseman would be nice. The defensive lapses are not going to fly here, nor will the 6.5M cap hit.

I agree with a previous poster though, that with the right defensive pair Phaneuf could possibly return to his dominating form from early Calgary years. The VAN defense would have more to offer in terms of quality defensive pairings than anything in TOR.
Go to Top of Page

Clatts
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
266 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2012 :  18:05:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is gonna sound crazy, but i don't mind Phaneuf (the player). The person, he's a bit of a tool from everything i've heard and i was surprised he was made captain. Now, the crazy part is, he's not performed well the past 3 years. However, in the right system, with the right partner, i think he's still got potential to be a very good dman. He def needs to rethink his game, but the ability is there to improve as far as i'm concerned. Regardless, like Gipper said, i don't think Gillis is going to want to take back contract, esp one that is 6.5M for a guy who could be considered a "project" as he's just not living up to those numbers right now!

Phaneuf seems like a good idea, he's exciting to watch with the slap shot and big hits but this guy is cancer to a defence. He's constantly out of position, I think a good project would be to put him on right wing seeings how he already thinks he plays that position.

"Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French Guys."
Don Cherry on Visors
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  07:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well i think it is pretty unanimous most of us think lou is the perfect fit for TO

what about Centres? who would be the best centre for TOR?
not many available in free angency right now but there are teams that may want to make somechanges either to make cap space or just have a change of faces in the locker room.

i for one think Jordan stall would look great on the number 1 line between kessel and lupul (keep in mind i know this most likely wont happen )

i only say this because both crosby and jordan are UFA at the end of next year.

of course the ducks want to re tool the second line as well.

lots of posiblities. Who fits best in your mind?
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  08:24:29  Reply with Quote
Burke could probably get almost any center he wanted, if he was willing to pay the price to get them. but he's not, and he shouldn't be.

the one big profile center that could be had for a decent price (and again this is just pure speculation) is Joe Thornton. San Jose looks to be at the end of an era with their current core of players. they just finished 7th in the conference, which is their lowest seeding in quite a long time. and they went out in a whimper in the 1st round. perhaps some changes in the guard are coming there? unload the vets....promote the youth. if so unloading Joe's $7M cap hit might be where they are looking?

now......would Burke go after both Jumbo Joe and Bobby Lou? doubtful. i think it'd be one or the other. and his main priority right now is goaltending, so he should focus on Luongo.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  08:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6786

Burke could probably get almost any center he wanted, if he was willing to pay the price to get them. but he's not, and he shouldn't be.

the one big profile center that could be had for a decent price (and again this is just pure speculation) is Joe Thornton. San Jose looks to be at the end of an era with their current core of players. they just finished 7th in the conference, which is their lowest seeding in quite a long time. and they went out in a whimper in the 1st round. perhaps some changes in the guard are coming there? unload the vets....promote the youth. if so unloading Joe's $7M cap hit might be where they are looking?

now......would Burke go after both Jumbo Joe and Bobby Lou? doubtful. i think it'd be one or the other. and his main priority right now is goaltending, so he should focus on Luongo.

this post was me. forgot to log on....
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  08:35:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fair enough gipper. i was operating under the assumption that burke was thinking retool completley. so kinda like starting at a 0 on the salary cap. no player currently in the organization is safe.
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  12:32:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

fair enough gipper. i was operating under the assumption that burke was thinking retool completley. so kinda like starting at a 0 on the salary cap. no player currently in the organization is safe.

i don't think a complete re-tool is necessary. down the stretch run they lost two key players in Lupul and Liles. our PP was actually pretty good until Liles got that concussion. he wasn't the same when he came back. and the top line clearly missed Lupul.
but no doubt a few changes are needed. and a great start would be if we could get someone to take any 2 of Connolly, Komisarek, Lombarrdi, or Armstrong off our hands. good luck Burke.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2012 :  14:21:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gipper it will be extremely hard to trade both connely and komi as both have NMC ..... according to capgeek.

http://capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=4
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2012 :  05:18:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To bring back this thread to life,

How much more likely does getting Luongo seem now, eh? Quick exit from the playoffs; Schneider coming into his own; and there seems to have already been a discussion between Luongo and management that in essence means "it's over".

It's just about haggling over price, and what team. With nothing to contradict it, Lou still had Toronto on his very short list of teams willing to go to, so . . . it seems to be an absolute no-brainer.

Toronto just has to outbid Tampa Bay, I think. Florida, with the run they had with the crew of outcasts and Thoedore in net, will surely stand pat (although with that GM, you never know).

But as discussed before in other Luongo threads, the price will NOT be as high as true value here - the contract is long, and sizeable in cap hit.

If I were GM, I'd do it this way: Dion Phaneuf straight up for Luongo. We get rid of one headache, and get a starting goalie, all in one fell swoop.

discuss.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page