Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 Raymond re-signs, avoids arbitration Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  15:44:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Canucks and Mason Raymond have come to terms on a new deal, avoiding the "team initiated" arbitration. The Canucks were looking to lower his salary from last year's 2.6M and through arbitration could have it lowered to a min of 1.8M. They've agreed on a small reduction in pay to a 1 year deal worth 2.275M. At first i thought even that was too much, but the more i see guys like Chris Kelly and Nick Foligno signing 3M deals, i guess it's not that bad? While us Canucks fans would love to see him return to being a 25 goal man, for that money, his speed on the PK is still useful i guess?

I really don't care if he were to be moved, but with these crazy salaries being thrown about, his new deal isn't so bad for the team.

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2012 :  15:49:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I'm not particularly concerned about the dollar amount, the big advantage of this signing his Raymond's tradability. Had it gone to arbitration, VAN would a) have had to take the decision, and b) would not have been allowed to trade him in the 12/13 season. With the signing before arbitration, I believe VAN can trade him should they choose to do so.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page