Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome To PickUpHockey.com
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Web site comments only
 Columbus To Snap Hawks' Streak! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4377
( )

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  11:36:16  Reply with Quote
Bold prediction to be sure, but this is an anonymous posting site, so I'm not really going out on much of a limb here!  :)

Going into tonight's game, the Blue Jackets are the worst team in the NHL with only 12 points in 18 games.  They're playing the best team in the NHL tonight - the Hawks - who have not lost in regulation time this season.  The Hawks have 31 out of a possible 34 points in 17 games played.  Their plus/minus differential is +22, and did I mention the game takes place in Chicago?  And Columbus is playing without Anisimov and Dubinsky (injuries), and Jack Johnson is now out with an upper body injury.

No brainer right?  The Hawks should beat the Blue Jackets handily.  But this is the new NHL where anyone can win on any given night.  There's more parity than ever in the NHL despite the fact some teams have twice as many points as other teams.

And here's another thing.  Columbus is actually not playing that bad.  In their last ten games, they have been in every game.  They beat San Jose 6-2 earlier this month, a team which was off to a good start this season, and they also beat Detroit (twice).  In their seven other games (which were losses), all seven losses were decided by one goal (two were by two goals actually, but they were empty net goals), so are they really playing that bad?

If you asked me to bet, I would obviously pick Chicago to beat Columbus with money on the line. But I for one won't be surprised if the Blue Jackets pull out an upset win tonight!

sahis34
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
591 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  11:48:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go buy a pro-line
Go to Top of Page

Guest2301
( )

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  12:46:34  Reply with Quote
This streak is a JOKE.........
Go to Top of Page

Guest4681
( )

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  14:08:51  Reply with Quote
Bold predictions often come through. I'd put a loonie on it. Remember, Chicago must be stopped. Decades of American-based teams' dominance must end and only Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver can do it in this strike shortened year, not to diminish the good fans of Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg!

Go Blue Jackets go! Where the heck is Columbus anyway? I think Ohio Where the heck is Ohio anyway? I think in America! At least they are bottom dwellers this year.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2013 :  19:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4681

Bold predictions often come through. I'd put a loonie on it. Remember, Chicago must be stopped. Decades of American-based teams' dominance must end and only Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver can do it in this strike shortened year, not to diminish the good fans of Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg!

Go Blue Jackets go! Where the heck is Columbus anyway? I think Ohio Where the heck is Ohio anyway? I think in America! At least they are bottom dwellers this year.

what about ther first place habs?

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  02:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4377

Bold prediction to be sure, but this is an anonymous posting site, so I'm not really going out on much of a limb here!  :)

Swing and a miss. Better luck next time.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4663
( )

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  16:25:23  Reply with Quote
I got a Proline that has Edmonton beating the Hawks tonight. Hopefully Columbus tired them out last night and the Oilers are well rested. I feel an upset.

I also got Ottawa beating Montreal, so we'll see what happens!
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  06:18:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Strike 2?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4587
( )

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  18:27:19  Reply with Quote
19 and counting !!!! Keep it going Hawks !!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page