Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Washington
 A team to watch this year Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  08:56:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a suspicion that Washington is going to surprise quite a few people this year. With the changes they made in the off season I have a feeling they are going to do quite well. I like their chances. If Kolzig plays well it should be very interesting to see what they can do.
Now that they've got a playmaker in Nylander you might see two 50 goal players on that team.
I was looking at their stats from last year and noticed that their top three scorers all had more goals than assists. I thought that was a little bizarre.
Ovechkin and Semin are going to explode this year with a guy like Nylander.
I think Poti is going to have a career year. In the next few years I wouldn't be surprised to see him get Norris consideration.
Thoughts?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  10:24:49  Reply with Quote
I think Norris trophy is a stretch but I agree that the team will do very well and Ovechkin, Semin, Nylander and Backstrom will all have 70+ point seasons and Ovechkin and Semin will have 40+ goal seasons possibly even 50+ and Nylander and Backstrom will rack u alot of assists.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2007 :  13:33:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If Ovechkin can score almost 50 goals on his own, he should be able to top the 50 goal mark fairly easily with Nylander. Poti for the Norris?? I doubt it. I watch him for years in Edmonton and he makes some pretty questionable defensive plays.

Although, I do agree that Washington will be a team to watch this year. If nothing else, exciting. And with their draft picks coming of age, they could easliy be a Pittsburgh by next year.

I can see Washington making a huge turn around from last year and being in the 7th or 8th spot in the playoffs. Ahead of both TO and Montreal!! (I had to throw that it there)

If you are under the age of 15, please do some research before you make a post about anything pre-1997.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page