Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Jay Bouwmeester traded Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4672
( )

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  18:18:46  Reply with Quote
Great Trade for the flames ...

St. Louis Blues in exchange for St. Louis' 2013 first-round draft pick, defenceman Mark Cundari, and goalie Reto Barra.

Guest4672
( )

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  18:19:48  Reply with Quote
The flames grabbing another goalie can Only Mean the Leafs really want .. Kipper...
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  19:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it's pretty obvious that the Blues didn't aquire JayBo for his playoff experience. This is his 10th season in the NHL (i think?) and he's yet to play a playoff game! Good for him for finally getting a shot! Oh wait, the Blues are currently in 9th (with games in hand).

How awful would that be for him if the Blues fail to make it!!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  06:37:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I was about to say congrats to Bouwmeester on finally seeing a playoff game as well . . . but they are no guarantee right now at all! Just one point ahead of two teams in 8th spot, certainly going to go down to the wire in the West.

I think it's a fantastic pick-up for the Blues, myself. He is gonna fit perfectly (at first glance, anyways) in that defensive-minded Blues system . . . and suddenly his plus/minus stat, if counted in your hockey pool, may become relevant again!

Probably a win-win I'd say, since Calgary getting a low first rounder with the two prospects seems like a very good price for JB. Wow, a deal that Calgary didn't bungle - who knew they had it in them?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  08:06:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a conditional 1st round pick for 2013. If St. Louis makes the playoffs the Flames get a first round pick in 2013. I they don't then it is a 4th round pick for 2013 and a 1st round pick in 2014. Still not bad for the Flames.

As for Kipper, it was rumoured that the Flames have allowed the Leafs to speak directly to him, in an effort to convince him. So obviously he is still being very stubborn about moving. Good move by the Flames. Time to deal and replenish. I hope Kipper stops being a selfish player and follows the example of his former leader and does something for the good of the club.

Now find a home for Cammaleri and Tanguay and the future could be a bright one for Flames fans.

Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  08:38:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a good trade for the flames...seems to be bright spots here.

on another note.....isn`t this the same Kipper who during the last Olympics told the Finnish management team that if he wasn`t the # 1 starter......don`t even call me....i`m not playing for you ??

Maybe this guy will only be a poisen in the leafs dressing room.

Beware of greener grass on the other side of the fence.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  09:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
JayBo sure doesn't miss a lot of action! He's currently the leading active consecutive games played streak holder with 619 (H. Sedin is 2nd with 614). His game's played by season look something like this: 82, 61, 82, 82, 82, 82, 82, 82, 82, 33 (current year). Pretty impressive.

What i don't understand is how they NHL counts this sort of streak when a guy is traded? They must allow the guy to get to his new team somehow without breaking the streak? Calgary played their 34th game last night and St. Louis played as well with Bouwmeester playing for neither. I have to assume his streak is still alive and he's allowed to travel to his new team before a streak such as this would be ended???
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  09:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if the Flames can trade Kipper for a 2013 1st round pick, and the Blues make the playoffs.....Calgary would have 4 1st round picks in this years draft.

THAT is how you re-build.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0045
( )

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  13:54:14  Reply with Quote
JayBo always had a reputation of being a great player but never lived up to hsi expectations. Ken Hitchcock gets the best out of players and this will follow through in the case of JayBo.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2013 :  13:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0045

JayBo always had a reputation of being a great player but never lived up to hsi expectations. Ken Hitchcock gets the best out of players and this will follow through in the case of JayBo.

The main problem was that he didn't live up to the offensive expectations. e's a terrific dman and has the ability to make nice break out passes, but the overall offensive expectations were never met. I don't see this changing under Hitchcock. I believe Bouwmeester is a case of what you see is what you get. A solid dman, capable of shutting down top lines and chipping in a little on the offensive side of things.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page