Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Vancouver
 jannik hansen? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0047
( )

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  08:55:56  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Watching most Canucks games this year I'm just curious what people think about this guy. This year I've seen him play on all 4 lines, pp, pk, and even sit out a 3rd period or 2 and no one talks about his value. His cap hit is low, he's a 9th round pick, not exciting numbers and his tool set is unconventional (Very speedy while having frying pans for hands). Would he be considered a legitimate 2nd line player? and what would he be able to fetch in a trade? I wonder this because it seems as though the canucks never discuss they're need for a top end right winger. According to their depth chart it goes Burrows, Hansen, Kassian, Weise. Which doesn't sound to exciting to me... yet all i hear is about the need for a center, supporting d, and of course luongo.

Choices:

yes
no
maybe so

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  09:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hansen is an interesting forward, and valuable - personally, I do not see VAN trading him anytime soon.

He is a self professed defense-first forward, and his main value is in defensive and checking situations - he's a top PK player, plays anywhere from 2nd to 4th line and brings a lot of speed and energy. He has flashes of offensive prowess and can score, but doesn't go out of his way to do so. Hansen is the type of player every team needs - he's generally not going to wow you, but I don't remember the last game VAN lost because of a Hansen error.

VAN has tried to improve his offensive numbers by putting him in scoring situations - they've paired him with the Sedin's for stretches, he's seen time on the second line with Kesler, and he gets PP time when one of the regulars is out. Personally I think they should just let him do what he does best - he's perfectly suited to Vancouver's 3rd line and seems to excel there. He has good chemistry with Lapierre, and has looked good with Roy/Higgins on that 3rd line as well.

VAN needs scoring wingers for sure... but they also need Hansen.

Edited by - nuxfan on 04/17/2013 09:08:33
Go to Top of Page

Statman
Rookie

Canada
125 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  11:15:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This guy is seriously underrated! He really can fill any role your team needs. His career path has been much the same as Burrows in that he has worked his way up through the different lines to the point that he is now the second option for the Sedin line when AV wants to shake up the lines. If other people don't find him exciting, I could care less. Hansen helps us win games in a big way and that's good enough for me.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  08:57:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These replies are very accurate. Hansen is a role player who brings a much needed element to the Canucks at a very reasonable price. His speed on the PK is very effective and his hands seems to be getting better as his stats would indicate. In his last 2 full seasons with the team, he's gone from 9G and 29pts (10/11) to 16G and 39pts (2012) to what would be an approx 17G and 46pts pace this season (pro-rated to 82 games). He's only 27 so arguably just in his prime really.

Personally, i think referring to him having "frying pans for hands" is a little harsh. He's scored some pretty nice goals this year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page