Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Canadiens Acquire Vanek Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  12:23:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Montreal Canadiens have acquired F Tomas Vanek.

In return, the NYI will receive a 2nd Round pick & prospect Sebastian Collberg.

Irvine/prez.

Edited by - irvine on 03/05/2014 12:33:49

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  12:28:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This could be a very good pick up for the Montreal Canadiens, providing they did not give up too much for him. I can't comment much until I know more, but.

The Canadiens are a team that lack size, and could use more scoring. So adding a guy like T. Vanek could prove to be an excellent addition moving forward this season. Also, Dubynyk is a good addition as well. Minor it may seem. But, if Price is out for any length of time, they at least add another goalie with NHL experience to play a long side Budaj.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  12:35:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Senators fan, I hate the addition of Vanek to Montreal. But, I can't knock Montreal trading a 2nd & Collberg for a player of Vanek's caliber.

Overall, I believe the return to NY was low. A team looking to add some offensive punch, such as Montreal, to give up a 2nd and a prospect like Collberg, seems like a good price for Les Canadiens.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2014 :  13:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
considering what NYI gave BUF for Vanek this is an absolute steal, a 2nd round pick is valuable yes and Colberg does have lots of potential but Colberg has looked lost each time he has played against men in the Swedish Elite league and wasn`t a force in his second world junior tourney this season, not to knock the kid but he is still raw and needs to be developped, and he is on the small side like a lot of MTL`s forwards so he was expendable espcially with the emergence of Jacob de Larose, If somehow MTL gets Vanek under contract this would be great trade!<

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  05:06:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it's a rental; but certainly, this has to be the steal of the trade deadline. A very low price, rental or not, for a player of this calibre.

From a Leafs perspective . . . didn't like seeing this.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  17:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man was I hoping for the leafs to get him with Lupul ....what a difference he would have made to Toronto They would have 2 elite scoring lines .....so pissed at Nonis for not landing him..... Leafs could have had 2 game breakers, these type of players send you into the next playoff round ....excellent trade by Montreal

Seen the game at the bell centre on mar 01 Pasty ...great experience.
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2014 :  17:03:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man was I hoping for the leafs to get him with Lupul ....what a difference he would have made to Toronto They would have 2 elite scoring lines .....so pissed at Nonis for not landing him..... Leafs could have had 2 game breakers, these type of players send you into the next playoff round ....excellent trade by Montreal

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  12:37:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

Yeah i was meaning to ask you how it was! Great game to see too !

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  07:05:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So two left wings in Vanek and Pacioretty. Did Max went on the second line or did Vanek? Is it causing some disturbance in the lineup?

Anyway it's a good steal for Montreal and they now have a solid one two punch.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  08:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

So two left wings in Vanek and Pacioretty. Did Max went on the second line or did Vanek? Is it causing some disturbance in the lineup?

Anyway it's a good steal for Montreal and they now have a solid one two punch.

they are not touching the top line Vanek is with Pleckanec on the second line, and when i say second line they often see as much f not more ice time then the top line

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  10:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't seen any Habs games since the deadline, has Vanek fit in Pasty?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2014 :  12:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
4-0 loss to the Sharks.
5-2 loss to Phoenix.

-1, 0 points.

But it's an extremely small sample size . . . not much to gain from looking at those two road games.

Vanek's a very skilled player . . . from a Leafs perspective, I truly hope he doesn't start clicking with someone in Habland.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2014 :  06:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they have playing the defensive role with Plekanec and Gionta, just another reason why im convinced Therrien is the worst coach in the NHL, but thats another problem

At the end of the Bruins game they had moved Gallgher off the top line and Vanek into his spot and they managed to score a goal. If i were the coach of the habs i would do 1 of 2 line combinations, my first try would be

Galchenyuk Vanek Briere
Desharnais Pacioretty Gallgher
Plekanec Eller Gionta

or

Desharnais Vanek Pacioretty
Eller Galchenyuk Gallagher
Plekanec Gionta Briere,

personally i think Galchenyuk and Vanek together would click and be a very very dangerous offensive pair and i think its time for Galchenyuk to play his natural position of center, so i would go with option one,

keep in mind Vanek has had 1 practice with the habs,, so TBC

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2014 :  09:36:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

they have playing the defensive role with Plekanec and Gionta, just another reason why im convinced Therrien is the worst coach in the NHL, but thats another problem

At the end of the Bruins game they had moved Gallgher off the top line and Vanek into his spot and they managed to score a goal. If i were the coach of the habs i would do 1 of 2 line combinations, my first try would be

Galchenyuk Vanek Briere
Desharnais Pacioretty Gallgher
Plekanec Eller Gionta

or

Desharnais Vanek Pacioretty
Eller Galchenyuk Gallagher
Plekanec Gionta Briere,

personally i think Galchenyuk and Vanek together would click and be a very very dangerous offensive pair and i think its time for Galchenyuk to play his natural position of center, so i would go with option one,

keep in mind Vanek has had 1 practice with the habs,, so TBC

[pause] Hello? Hello?

Didn't Vanek play with Briere in Buffalo? I can't remember that far back . . . but your point about the defensive structure and Therrien . . . I sort of have to agree. I think the Habs should actually be playing much more like Toronto's counter-attack style, to be honest.

Montreal has an ace goalie, and good offensive defencemen - and they have a middle of the pack bunch of forwards. If the defence were allowed to be more offensive, I feel the forwards would be helped immensely, and Price is still back there to be his A+ self when called upon.

Still . . . the results say, Therrien is a good coach. Year after year, the Habs are picked to finish lower than where they end up.

Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2014 :  14:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Slozo, you really think Montreal or any other team should be playing torontos style ?.....the leafs look terrible defensively every game, while giving up 40 plus shots. Whatever style the leafs are playing, I don't think it's good for any team.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2014 :  22:32:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im Under the impression they did play together Slozo, but with 4 goals in his las 3 games Vanek seems to have found a neich with Desharnais and Pacioretty, my issue with Therrien is not so much his defensive system but his reluctance to use the kids, Galchenyuk could be a game breaker but its time to take the training wheels off, Subban is a game breaker but therrien still isn`t turning him lose,,

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2014 :  12:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

im Under the impression they did play together Slozo, but with 4 goals in his las 3 games Vanek seems to have found a neich with Desharnais and Pacioretty, my issue with Therrien is not so much his defensive system but his reluctance to use the kids, Galchenyuk could be a game breaker but its time to take the training wheels off, Subban is a game breaker but therrien still isn`t turning him lose,,

[pause] Hello? Hello?

I think it's ok to bring Galchenyuk along a little slowly. Look at it this way, if he was property of Detroit, he'd prob not be with the big club yet! And it's hard to argue with their way when you consider the success they've had developing their "kids".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page