Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Calgary
 Surprising Canadian teams in Playoff hunt Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2015 :  12:16:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I figure most know the team(s) I cheer for, so if I point out the pink elephant in the room, most people will just shoot down my team bias and disregard, but don't look now the East and West playoff hunt has a few unusual suspects.

Since no one else is talking about it how about those Sen's are undefeated in regulation in 9, with a 8-0-1 record on the back of a hot 27 year old rookie goalie, (the Hamburgler) - Hammond, a rookie of the year candidate in Hoffman and a Norris candidate season, again in Karlsson. I even went back to my old avatar because the mourning period is over for the post Alfredson, Spezza and Heatley period. As soon as a Karlsson, Ryan and Hoffman Avatar shows up I will make it so.

The other team being the heated topic of whether or not Calgary belongs in the playoff hunt, although they currently riding a 3 game winning streak post Giordano's injury going 4-2-0 with the 2 loss being 1 goal games. They also just beat 2 strong teams in back to back games, 2 night in a row (Boston/Detroit) and Philly 2 nights prior. They are currently tied for 2nd/3rd in the Pacific division with Vancouver, who also surprisingly is still hanging in without Miller.

Also surprisingly Winnipeg is still hanging in with the final Wildcard slot in the West, tied in points with Vancouver and Calgary. With LA's strong play and San Jose hanging in the playoff race nothing is certain, but currently 4 of the 7 Canadian teams are holding down and another 1 is fighting strong for playoff spots.

Edited by - JOSHUACANADA on 03/07/2015 12:54:58

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2015 :  10:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't cheer for Ottawa obviously, but yeah - they are the least talked about team on a great streak, absolutely. Red hot, and winning on the back of this unheralded Hammond kid, along with a bunch of spare parts and Karlsson.

Don't see them making it . . . but they've put themselves in the conversation, absolutely. I think Boston makes it in the end, but it might come down to the last game with Florida just losing out.

I'm cheering for Winnipeg. With Byfuglien out . . . seems everything is against them, but man, they're somehow still right there.

Flames are in the same boat - and good luck to them.

Quite likely however, IMHO, that all those teams plus Vancouver fall out of the playoffs. That's my prediction.

Had to edit this . . . at least one of Vancouver, Winnipeg or Calgary HAS to make it, I didn't look well enough at the standings. You know, after having that look . . . I think between Calgary and Winnipeg, one of those teams has a very good chance.

Go Peggers!

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!

Edited by - n/a on 03/09/2015 10:11:33
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2015 :  19:26:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man I was so conflicted in the game Last night for Calgary and Ottawa. First I was happy the Sens were up then happy the Flames started the comeback in the 3rd from a 4 - 0 score going into the 3rd. Shocked when they tied it up with 2 minutes to go. I was ultimately happy when Ottawa got the extra point.

Cant believe the streak Ottawa is on. I am hoping all the Canadian teams, sans the Oilers and Leafs, make the playoffs. Nobody picked Montreal to lead the East. Nobody picked the Flames to make the playoffs. The Jet have been hovering near the final playoff spot for 3-4 years and I hope this is the year the don't fade down the stretch. Vancouver wasn't suppose to have the strong start to the year and without Miller were suppose to fade, yet the are still winning there share of games. And Nobody a month ago was thinking Ottawa and the playoffs in the same sentence for this year, yet they are within striking distance.

I really hope these teams make it to the playoffs and then its a crapshoot to the cup. Nobody is a favorite for the cup this year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page