Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Dobber
 Rambling about the Oilers Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  11:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mentioned on Monday that the Klefbom signing indicated that the organization is going all in on the team they put together this year. Keep the core together for at least a few years. It should result in a Cup. What do you think - I'll say one Cup in three years, two Cups in seven? I think I'm going all in with the Oilers too.

I say I'm "going all in" and that means that I'll take some gambles this year, banking on some Oilers to do better than we expect. Not the idiotic gambles like 'Hall and McDavid will step up', come on. Those are softball gambles. No, I mean the serious gambles. Like Cam Talbot. It's a gamble and a big one. You might think it's safe, but what are the consequences of being wrong? Huge. He's a goalie, likely a No.2 on most fantasy teams. But I'll be grabbing him and rolling the dice, even though there is some risk that he falters and Ben Scrivens (who makes more money) swoops in. Or Anders Nilsson.

I'd also roll the dice on Benoit Pouliot. If healthy, I think he's in a position to get 55 points and surprise us all. I have him for 43 points in the Fantasy Guide, but in just 69 games. And he's listed as one of my sleepers. Sure, I like the Obvious Oiler 4 for big seasons, as well as Nail Yakupov. But so does everyone else, and they'll be scooped up early. Other than Hall and McDavid, perhaps too early. But Pouliot will fall to a good spot at the draft and I'm interested.

I'm also interested in Justin Schultz. Poolies are scared of him because of last season. I have him for 43 points and a sleeper for 53. As for Teddy Purcell, I'll pass. That was one bad season last year and it makes me feel like he is not a part of Edmonton's plans at all.

Written by Dobber of www.dobberhockey.com

Have an opinion on this article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep your head up. And don't forget to visit our Dobber Hockey friends at www.dobberhockey.com/
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute please send us an email at admin at pickuphockey.com
PickupHockey.com and the owners of PickupHockey.com do not necessarily endorse the opinions expressed on its website of the volunteer writers. The opinions expressed here in this and other posts are solely the opinions of the writers.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page