Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 repeat in the works! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2017 :  20:14:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight the Pens took a commanding series lead of two games to none. I smell a Stanley Cup repeat!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Edited by - umteman on 04/29/2017 20:14:56

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
969 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2017 :  05:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously I'm hoping the Rangers make it to the final. But if not...I would love to see a Pittsburgh/Edmonton final!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2017 :  09:39:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What would you say if the penguins sweep the President's Trophy winners?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2017 :  11:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

What would you say if the penguins sweep the President's Trophy winners?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



That they have yet to face adversity yet in these playoffs. They look really strong. Definitely the favorites in these playoffs.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
969 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  18:40:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by umteman

What would you say if the penguins sweep the President's Trophy winners?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



That they have yet to face adversity yet in these playoffs. They look really strong. Definitely the favorites in these playoffs.



Looks like they might be now, depending on the health of Sidney Crosby. The Pens are already without their #1 defensemen in Kris Letang, losing Crosby for any length of time would be a huge blow. Hopefully he is alright.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  11:42:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ryan93

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by umteman

What would you say if the penguins sweep the President's Trophy winners?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



That they have yet to face adversity yet in these playoffs. They look really strong. Definitely the favorites in these playoffs.



Looks like they might be now, depending on the health of Sidney Crosby. The Pens are already without their #1 defensemen in Kris Letang, losing Crosby for any length of time would be a huge blow. Hopefully he is alright.



Crosby, Sheary, Murray and Letang all out, this is now adversity. Heck without Letang and Murray I was surprised the still rolled along. Might be the best opening for the remaining Eastern teams to have a shot at beating Pittsburgh.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2017 :  20:57:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well Crosby's status is "day to day" so he may not be out for the remainder of the playoffs. Ovechkin should also have received a penalty on the play.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  11:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Well Crosby's status is "day to day" so he may not be out for the remainder of the playoffs. Ovechkin should also have received a penalty on the play.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



I think his was the only penalty on the play, to be honest. Crosby ducked and turned at the worst time, while going with speed thru the crease. I don't think the defenseman had any intention of hurting him there, just laying a check out on a common play in the crease with bad results.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2017 :  20:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tonight the Pens showed that even without the best player on the planet they can still play with anyone in defeating the President's Trophy winners. Does anyone really think they can't go all the way even if Sid doesn't return?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
969 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2017 :  06:57:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they still could, definitely, but it will be a lot harder without Sid. The loss of Letang hurts too, but they are a deep team with plenty of players capable of stepping up in times like these.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  07:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh oh. Could it in fact be the end for Sid? As we know he would not be the first player forced to retire early due to concussions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/video/doctors-sidney-crosby-retire-hockey-141726747.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  09:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Uh oh. Could it in fact be the end for Sid? As we know he would not be the first player forced to retire early due to concussions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/video/doctors-sidney-crosby-retire-hockey-141726747.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



I read somewhere today that Crosby is likely for the next game. Is that true? If so thats the nail in the coffin for Washington.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



6113 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2017 :  19:55:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Uh oh. Could it in fact be the end for Sid? As we know he would not be the first player forced to retire early due to concussions.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/video/doctors-sidney-crosby-retire-hockey-141726747.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"





I read somewhere today that Crosby is likely for the next game. Is that true? If so thats the nail in the coffin for Washington.

Well Joshua, you were right! And then you were wrong! Lol. Back to Pittsburgh for a game 6!

Edited by - Alex116 on 05/08/2017 07:55:14
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
969 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2017 :  18:47:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

What would you say if the penguins sweep the President's Trophy winners?

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



Might of spoke too soon umteman! Forget a sweep, barring a Ducks like comeback tonight, it looks like this thing is going 7. Should be a great game on Wednesday!

I'm not really sure who I'm cheering for in this one. I like the Pens better and am a huge Crosby fan...but I would like to see Ovechkin get a Cup before his career is over.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



6113 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  09:06:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm 100% in OV's corner. Even if he doesn't win a cup, I really wanna see him get past the 2nd round finally! He's not my favorite player and not even close but I hate to see guys as good as he is not eventually get at least close to a cup!
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2017 :  20:47:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well the repeat possibility is still alive! Good performance from Fleury. It was a good series, especially considering how close they came to blowing a 3 - 1 series lead. Ov will just have to wait Alex!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  05:10:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd mentioned above that Fleury played well in game 7. Here is a clip of a save on Ovechkin that was more luck than anything else.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/marc-andre-fleury-loves-stick-robbing-ovechkin-video-013103486.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8282 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  15:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was hard to see my mighty Oilers lose last night but I it was solace knowing that Pitt took out Washington, again. Not to mention solace in the talent the Oilers have and what this experience should mean to their development for the future but I digress.

I gotta say that Alex Ovechkin is a great hockey player. Take nothing away from his accolades and awards. He is likely a first ballot HOFer and has the potential to be a top 5 all time goal scorer. With that said, the guy is a complete loser. I mean, there are players that win and then there are guys like Ovechkin. He has never been out of the 2nd round. Ever! He's played on 2 or 3 President Trophy winning teams and even when Washington hasn't been the best overall they have been near the top of the league. And never out of the 2nd round?? Even Internationally, and I mean best on best tournaments, Russia never wins. And to top all that off, when it matter most, Ovechkin isn't even the best player on his team??

Now, compare that to Mr. Crosby, who has virtually the same number of individual accolades and awards, but who is a winner. He has been to the conference finals 4 times in 9 years, 3 Stanley Cup Finals, and 2 Cups. Granted, he has just one Conn Smythe. But they guy also has won 2 Olympic Golds and the most recent World Cup. In fact, has Crosby lost a best on best tournament in his pro career?? And we all know the stories of his heroics. When it matter most is when Crosby is at his best.


There it is folks, there are winners and losers. Might as well re-name them Crosby's and Ovechkin's. I know some folks out there talk that Canadians should be cheering for a Canadian team to win the Cup, but I am not one of those people who care. Now that the Oilers are out, Go Pens Go!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  16:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

It was hard to see my mighty Oilers lose last night but I it was solace knowing that Pitt took out Washington, again. Not to mention solace in the talent the Oilers have and what this experience should mean to their development for the future but I digress.

I gotta say that Alex Ovechkin is a great hockey player. Take nothing away from his accolades and awards. He is likely a first ballot HOFer and has the potential to be a top 5 all time goal scorer. With that said, the guy is a complete loser. I mean, there are players that win and then there are guys like Ovechkin. He has never been out of the 2nd round. Ever! He's played on 2 or 3 President Trophy winning teams and even when Washington hasn't been the best overall they have been near the top of the league. And never out of the 2nd round?? Even Internationally, and I mean best on best tournaments, Russia never wins. And to top all that off, when it matter most, Ovechkin isn't even the best player on his team??

Now, compare that to Mr. Crosby, who has virtually the same number of individual accolades and awards, but who is a winner. He has been to the conference finals 4 times in 9 years, 3 Stanley Cup Finals, and 2 Cups. Granted, he has just one Conn Smythe. But they guy also has won 2 Olympic Golds and the most recent World Cup. In fact, has Crosby lost a best on best tournament in his pro career?? And we all know the stories of his heroics. When it matter most is when Crosby is at his best.


There it is folks, there are winners and losers. Might as well re-name them Crosby's and Ovechkin's. I know some folks out there talk that Canadians should be cheering for a Canadian team to win the Cup, but I am not one of those people who care. Now that the Oilers are out, Go Pens Go!



I think its a little harsh to call him a loser. Not that your incorrect in your recount of the facts, but it just doesn't seem right to call him a loser. In the news he admitted a knee injury sustained in the Toronto series, which many suspected and will skip the international play, which is unusual for Ovechkin. He didn't look right in the last few games even though he put the effort in. Calling Crosby a winner is apt, but I just don't know if I feel right calling Ovechkin the opposite.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2017 :  16:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

I'd mentioned above that Fleury played well in game 7. Here is a clip of a save on Ovechkin that was more luck than anything else.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/marc-andre-fleury-loves-stick-robbing-ovechkin-video-013103486.html

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



Fleury played amazing. Its weird to think when the playoffs are done, this may be the last time he wears the Pittsburgh uniform. Now its up to our teams in the East umteman. May the best team win.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8282 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  07:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

It was hard to see my mighty Oilers lose last night but I it was solace knowing that Pitt took out Washington, again. Not to mention solace in the talent the Oilers have and what this experience should mean to their development for the future but I digress.

I gotta say that Alex Ovechkin is a great hockey player. Take nothing away from his accolades and awards. He is likely a first ballot HOFer and has the potential to be a top 5 all time goal scorer. With that said, the guy is a complete loser. I mean, there are players that win and then there are guys like Ovechkin. He has never been out of the 2nd round. Ever! He's played on 2 or 3 President Trophy winning teams and even when Washington hasn't been the best overall they have been near the top of the league. And never out of the 2nd round?? Even Internationally, and I mean best on best tournaments, Russia never wins. And to top all that off, when it matter most, Ovechkin isn't even the best player on his team??

Now, compare that to Mr. Crosby, who has virtually the same number of individual accolades and awards, but who is a winner. He has been to the conference finals 4 times in 9 years, 3 Stanley Cup Finals, and 2 Cups. Granted, he has just one Conn Smythe. But they guy also has won 2 Olympic Golds and the most recent World Cup. In fact, has Crosby lost a best on best tournament in his pro career?? And we all know the stories of his heroics. When it matter most is when Crosby is at his best.


There it is folks, there are winners and losers. Might as well re-name them Crosby's and Ovechkin's. I know some folks out there talk that Canadians should be cheering for a Canadian team to win the Cup, but I am not one of those people who care. Now that the Oilers are out, Go Pens Go!



I think its a little harsh to call him a loser. Not that your incorrect in your recount of the facts, but it just doesn't seem right to call him a loser. In the news he admitted a knee injury sustained in the Toronto series, which many suspected and will skip the international play, which is unusual for Ovechkin. He didn't look right in the last few games even though he put the effort in. Calling Crosby a winner is apt, but I just don't know if I feel right calling Ovechkin the opposite.



Even if he is injured, what about the other 9 opportunities he had lead his team to the 3rd round or further??

Loser isn't harsh, it's truthful. Facts don't care about feelings. He's is a brilliant hockey player and a loser.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  11:27:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

It was hard to see my mighty Oilers lose last night but I it was solace knowing that Pitt took out Washington, again. Not to mention solace in the talent the Oilers have and what this experience should mean to their development for the future but I digress.

I gotta say that Alex Ovechkin is a great hockey player. Take nothing away from his accolades and awards. He is likely a first ballot HOFer and has the potential to be a top 5 all time goal scorer. With that said, the guy is a complete loser. I mean, there are players that win and then there are guys like Ovechkin. He has never been out of the 2nd round. Ever! He's played on 2 or 3 President Trophy winning teams and even when Washington hasn't been the best overall they have been near the top of the league. And never out of the 2nd round?? Even Internationally, and I mean best on best tournaments, Russia never wins. And to top all that off, when it matter most, Ovechkin isn't even the best player on his team??

Now, compare that to Mr. Crosby, who has virtually the same number of individual accolades and awards, but who is a winner. He has been to the conference finals 4 times in 9 years, 3 Stanley Cup Finals, and 2 Cups. Granted, he has just one Conn Smythe. But they guy also has won 2 Olympic Golds and the most recent World Cup. In fact, has Crosby lost a best on best tournament in his pro career?? And we all know the stories of his heroics. When it matter most is when Crosby is at his best.


There it is folks, there are winners and losers. Might as well re-name them Crosby's and Ovechkin's. I know some folks out there talk that Canadians should be cheering for a Canadian team to win the Cup, but I am not one of those people who care. Now that the Oilers are out, Go Pens Go!



I think its a little harsh to call him a loser. Not that your incorrect in your recount of the facts, but it just doesn't seem right to call him a loser. In the news he admitted a knee injury sustained in the Toronto series, which many suspected and will skip the international play, which is unusual for Ovechkin. He didn't look right in the last few games even though he put the effort in. Calling Crosby a winner is apt, but I just don't know if I feel right calling Ovechkin the opposite.



Even if he is injured, what about the other 9 opportunities he had lead his team to the 3rd round or further??

Loser isn't harsh, it's truthful. Facts don't care about feelings. He's is a brilliant hockey player and a loser.



And your feelings about Hall?
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
969 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  18:20:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping for Pens/Ducks final, although I could really care less who wins the WCF. I'm hoping the Pens can become the first team in since the 97/98 Wings to repeat.
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2017 :  20:58:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And then three-peat in 2018!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2017 :  21:22:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

And then three-peat in 2018!

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



1 game down.3 more to go.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



6113 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2017 :  08:14:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Even if he is injured, what about the other 9 opportunities he had lead his team to the 3rd round or further??

Loser isn't harsh, it's truthful.
Facts don't care about feelings. He's is a brilliant hockey player and a loser.



"Loser" technically can be considered correct. I mean, he keeps "losing", so sure, it fits. But I think the term loser, and the way it's used here, tends to come off as insulting. It's the way our society views such a term and I'm not sure if that's what your purpose or intention is, but it's certainly the way it's portrayed here.

Excuses or not, OV's team has again failed in their attempt to move on to the conference finals. Is it his fault? Not necessarily, and I'd tend to blame Holtby moreso than OV this year (maybe even Backstrom) but he's just never been able to find that extra gear and the ability to "put his team on his back" and help them move on. Even players who aren't high scoring superstars have HUGE series' now and then that help in getting their team through to the next step. Kesler did it for the Canucks in 2011 vs Nashville when he put up 11pts through the 6 game series including 5 goals. This is while the Sedins put up 4 and 6 points.

OV just hasn't been able to do such a thing to this point in his career and there's nothing to make me think he will suddenly find that ability?
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  10:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beans had it right! Go Pens go!

http://thehockeywriters.com/pittsburgh-penguins-hockey-fans-pulling/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



6113 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2017 :  12:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Beans had it right! Go Pens go!

http://thehockeywriters.com/pittsburgh-penguins-hockey-fans-pulling/

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



What did Beans "have right"?

As for the article, you have to do what you can to win at any given time. I'd prefer my team win a Stanley Cup with 16 one goal victories in the most boring 16 games ever played, than not win one at all (which is the case today for the Canucks). I wouldn't even care if each game was 10-8 in shots on goal, as long as I could see my team hoist a freakin' cup! Sure, longterm, this would wear thin, but when a team gets lucky like the Pens and ends up with 2 superstars like Malkin and Crosby, sometimes you just don't match up well. We'll prob be saying this about Beans' Oilers in a few years! Regardless, the Sens aren't about to win a series vs the Pens by trying to outgun them, so they have to do what they can to win and it's exactly what they're doing. I don't watch a ton of Sens games and especially during the regular season so I don't know if this is how they played all year but I bet you'd be hard pressed to find a Sens fan who's complaining about the way they're winning!

It reminds me of the NBA method in Shaquille O'Neal's heyday. "Hack a Shaq" was employed by every opponent. Was it fun for the fans? God no. Was it effective because the big man was embarrassingly bad at free throws? YES!

Even with this strategy, Pittsburgh will win the majority of the games over the haul. If these two teams played 50 games, I'd wager the Pens would win approx. 35 of them. But in a 7 game series, they have to find a way to win 4 before Ottawa does.

Bottom line is, boring or not, the Sens are playing to win, and I have to give them credit for that. If they were getting blown out trying to play run and gun with the Pens, many (Beans included) would be crying about how Guy Boucher is being "outcoached". Now that he's got his team in the best position to win, he's "sucking the life out of hockey". Lol, funny how that works eh?

GO SENS!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8282 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  06:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So a couple of things. Name me another to 5-10 player in the NHL today that hasn't taken their team to at least the 3 round in the playoffs and been the teams best player having been given multiple opportunities in the past? Go ahead, I'll wait here. Here is the list, off the top of my head, of players who have been able to do that in the past 10 years. Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Sedin, Sedin, Toews, Kane, Thornton, Getzlaf, Perry, Zetterberg, Datsuyk, Pronger, Alfredsson, Chara. There are 16 players off the top of my head and I am likely missing some. Here is another way to say it, how many teams with a top 5 players in the league have made the playoffs consistently for the past 10 years and NOT made it to the Cup Final?? My point is Ovechin, in many attempts in the NHL and internationally, hasn't been able to do that. The comment of him being a loser is meant to be insulting. Ovechkin is not a winner. Repeatedly. He is a loser. And to comment about Hall, he is proving to be very similar just not as skilled as Ovechkin. Hall can't seem to lead his team anywhere either. The oilers were going no where until they found a winner to lead them.

Now, this this point:

Bottom line is, boring or not, the Sens are playing to win, and I have to give them credit for that. If they were getting blown out trying to play run and gun with the Pens, many (Beans included) would be crying about how Guy Boucher is being "outcoached". Now that he's got his team in the best position to win, he's "sucking the life out of hockey". Lol, funny how that works eh?

Not sure how I got drug into this as I didn't say anything negative about the Senators. But I will say I haven't watch more than 10 min of any of the pens/sens games because it is seriously boring. Effective or not, I watch hockey to be entertained and I personally do not find that brand of hockey entertain in the least. It might be effective and if the Sens do find a way to win, the credit does need to go to the coach and the players buying into a garbage system of hockey. So the two are not mutually exclusive. Boucher may be outcoaching Sullivan but he is also sucking the life out of hockey. It's not funny. It's true. So what was your point and why did you drag my name into something I never made a comment on??

Edited by - Beans15 on 05/21/2017 06:36:10
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  07:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote: "There it is folks, there are winners and losers. Might as well re-name them Crosby's and Ovechkin's. I know some folks out there talk that Canadians should be cheering for a Canadian team to win the Cup, but I am not one of those people who care. Now that the Oilers are out, Go Pens Go!"

I wasn't really trying to drag you into it, my point was simply Go Pens Go and here's another reason why.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Edited by - umteman on 05/21/2017 07:14:10
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2017 :  15:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! After the first 4 games I would never have predicted the blowout that was game 5! But I will now predict that this one will end with the next game.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"

Edited by - umteman on 05/21/2017 15:53:01
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2017 :  12:38:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pittsburgh looks like they have got it all figured out right now. They might be down a few defenseman, but based on how they have played the last 2 games, I would say they don't need them.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



6113 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  07:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

So a couple of things. Name me another to 5-10 player in the NHL today that hasn't taken their team to at least the 3 round in the playoffs and been the teams best player having been given multiple opportunities in the past? Go ahead, I'll wait here. Here is the list, off the top of my head, of players who have been able to do that in the past 10 years. Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Sedin, Sedin, Toews, Kane, Thornton, Getzlaf, Perry, Zetterberg, Datsuyk, Pronger, Alfredsson, Chara. There are 16 players off the top of my head and I am likely missing some. Here is another way to say it, how many teams with a top 5 players in the league have made the playoffs consistently for the past 10 years and NOT made it to the Cup Final?? My point is Ovechin, in many attempts in the NHL and internationally, hasn't been able to do that. The comment of him being a loser is meant to be insulting. Ovechkin is not a winner. Repeatedly. He is a loser. And to comment about Hall, he is proving to be very similar just not as skilled as Ovechkin. Hall can't seem to lead his team anywhere either. The oilers were going no where until they found a winner to lead them.

Now, this this point:

Bottom line is, boring or not, the Sens are playing to win, and I have to give them credit for that. If they were getting blown out trying to play run and gun with the Pens, many (Beans included) would be crying about how Guy Boucher is being "outcoached". Now that he's got his team in the best position to win, he's "sucking the life out of hockey". Lol, funny how that works eh?

Not sure how I got drug into this as I didn't say anything negative about the Senators. But I will say I haven't watch more than 10 min of any of the pens/sens games because it is seriously boring. Effective or not, I watch hockey to be entertained and I personally do not find that brand of hockey entertain in the least. It might be effective and if the Sens do find a way to win, the credit does need to go to the coach and the players buying into a garbage system of hockey. So the two are not mutually exclusive. Boucher may be outcoaching Sullivan but he is also sucking the life out of hockey. It's not funny. It's true. So what was your point and why did you drag my name into something I never made a comment on??



umteman....Pretty sure Beans was directing his comments at me when he referenced being dragged into this discussion? I'm not sure about the first part (about), but I'm guessing I'm correct about the 2nd.

I'll start with the 2nd part as I think it pertains to me. The ONLY reason I brought your name into this Beans is because of my time spent here, you've always been one to emphasize the importance of coaching. You and I have debated/argued a few times in the past and have/had different opinions on how important coaching is, etc. It's exactly why I stated "many (Beans included)....". I was simply including you as an example due to the fact you've taken the coaching/out-coaching stance on a few occasions in the past. It certainly wasn't meant as insulting or anything as such so hopefully you didn't take it that way? I will ask you this much, if you were coaching the Sens vs Pittsburgh, and had the exact team that they have today, what sort of strategy would you employ? My whole point was Guy Boucher has a true underdog 2 wins from the SCF and he gets little/no credit for doing this outside of Ottawa yet Lou Lamoriello
and Jacques Lemaires are two of the greatest hockey men in the history of the game for employing a similar strategy that won them cups!!!

Beans, if I'm implied in the first part, i'll give it a go, though two important things to note. First, I'm not totally understanding your question/challenge or at least the wording? And second, I'm not in any way trying to say you're wrong about OV. There's really nothing anyone can use to back up a claim of him being a true winner in the subject of what we're discussing. The top team prize in the NHL is the Stanley Cup and he's failed to come close to it. My whole point was calling him a "loser" while correct, may to some seem like an insult, moreso than a fact. I get it, you are intending it also as an insult, but.....nevermind, I get what you're saying and hopefully you understand what I meant as well?

Anyway, back to naming a few players. Would N. Backstrom qualify? I mean, wasn't he actually the Caps best player this season and arguably over the past few years? If nothing else, he ought to take some of the blame for the past few years no? How about Benn and Seguin? They've been pretty good too? Does Tavares qualify? Tarasenko? Kutcherov? If these guys don't qualify for being too young and not enough opportunities yet, I guess we'll have to wait a few more years to see if the league has another true "loser" in it's midst?

In the end, I'm not arguing the OV comments you've made. There's nothing to argue! He's failed multiple times, maybe more times than any other player who's ever been considered a truly elite, one of the best ever, etc. He's, well, um....errrr.....a loser?
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  10:13:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Game 6 is do or die tonight. I sure hope the Sens rebound like they have in the past after being blown out. Gotta hand it to Pittsburgh who at points looks dominant in this series, but has shown at times to be beatable. If both teams bring there A game tonight, win, lose or draw, I am happy with where my team ended up in this playoffs. If Pittsburgh moves on tonight they will most definitely deserve it.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  12:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

Wow! After the first 4 games I would never have predicted the blowout that was game 5! But I will now predict that this one will end with the next game.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



I am predicting a 1 goal game and a win for Ottawa. Game 7 however......
Go to Top of Page

umteman
PickupHockey Pro



USA
600 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  20:48:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And you even posted it before the game!


Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2294 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  21:03:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

And you even posted it before the game!


Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"



Sens at home after a blowout loss, haven't lost 3 games in a while. I took a shot. Game 7 my friend and this has been a nail biter.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page