Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Detroit
 History Repeating? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  09:46:06  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
The Detroit Red Wings are on a torrid pace right now leading the league by 16 POINTS! Kind of like back in 95-96 when they set an NHL record for wins with 62....Wait! It's the exact same pace. At the 53 game mark both teams had a record of 39-10-4. So the question is, Can they repeat or even more beat the record set back 95-96?

P.S Detroit has 40 Wins right now.

Choices:

Beat the Record (+62 Wins)
Match the Record (62 Wins)
Close but No Cigar (50-60 Wins)
Not even Close (45-50 Wins)
Other

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  10:08:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schedule:

Wild - win
Kings - win
Leafs -win
Ducks - ??
Preds - win
Stars - win
Avs - win
Flames - win
Canucks - win
Oilers - win
Sharks - ??
Sabres - Win
Blues - Win
Preds - win
Hawks - win
Stars - win
Preds - win
Jackets - win
Jackets - win
Preds - win
Jackets - win
Blues - win
Blues - win
Preds - win
Hawks - win
Jackets - win
Hawks - win

If they play the way they have, I only see them losing two games potentially. The Stars could steal one, but I say that the record could potentially get broken, they only need 23 wins out of the next 30, it is not unrealistic.

http://redwings.nhl.com/team/app?service=page&page=SubseasonSchedule

The link to the Detroit schedule, for those who are as lazy as I

Habs get number 25 this year

(Admin - watch the double posting Alex - I merged your consecutive posts)
Go to Top of Page

Timay
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  10:26:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not going to happen. How can you figure them to win 28 of 30? I'd like to see you put money on those games. Do you figure in home ice advantage? You figure they'll lose to the Blues in all three of their remaining contests, although St. Louis is currently winning the season series 3 games to 2 while being the only team able to shut the Wings out this year?

I don't think they'll beat the record. They will get close though. My guess is 61. I wonder if they have a chance at the Points record. What is it, something like 132 set by the 70's Canadians? With OTL's and SOL's they may have a better chance at that.

Edited by - Timay on 02/03/2008 10:28:14
Go to Top of Page

Guest4727
( )

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  10:45:00  Reply with Quote
Detroit does have a really good record although they have the weakest division in the whole league. I'd say they will beat the record because they have great D great F OK G and I when I was watching there game they had the puck 80% of the time.
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  10:46:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya i would justr have to agree with guest 4247
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2008 :  11:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, firstly, I would say the Southwest is the worst division in hockey, with the central the 2nd worst.

Secondly, Alex?? What?? You seriously think they have the potential to lose only 2 of the next 28 games?? Seriously??

Home Games

They play 14 more home games. 5 of them against teams in the top 15 in the league and 11 of them againsts teams with winner records. The save grace for their home schedule is that they play St. Louis and Chicago twice each and three games against the Blue Jackets. I can see them winning 10 of their remaining home games, maybe(just maybe) winning all 14. They do play Dallas, San Jose, and Anaheim in that stretch. Those will be tough.

Away Games.

14 more away games, including a Western Canadian swing and games in Dallas and Minnesota. I don't care what anyone says, the Western Canadian Road Trip through Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver is tough. I think there has only been 3 teams this year (Dallas, Detroit, and Pittsburg) to win all three games on that road trip. The last trip Detoit did through the west they won 2-1 against Edmonton, 3-2 against Vancouver, and 4-1 against Calgary. 2 one goal games?? Not a give in. Plus, they play 7 of the top 15 teams in the league and play only 3 against teams under .500.

For them to win 22 of the next 28 is going to be a huge order. In fact, that would be a .785 win percentage. They are at .740 for the year, so they would have to step up. Plus, they will be running into teams fighting for playoff spots and needing the points as well as the fact that they might go on cruise control into the playoffs.

I am not saying it will never happen, it might. But it's not going to be a walk in the park.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  10:17:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Detroit loses 4 games in a row for the first time since Last March!!

If this happens in April, they will be going home without the Cup again!!

They can lose only 2 more of their last 23 games to have 63 wins and break the record.

NOT LIKELY!! But they still are a pretty amazing team. I don't think people expected a 4 game slide in February. Although, better in Feb than April.

Edited by - Beans15 on 02/13/2008 10:19:26
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  11:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4727

Detroit does have a really good record although they have the weakest division in the whole league. I'd say they will beat the record because they have great D great F OK G and I when I was watching there game they had the puck 80% of the time.

They are not in the weakest division in the league. That honour goes to the South East division with Carolina, Atlanta, Tampa, Florida and Washington.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  14:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
23 wins in 30 is very tough,
and I would never say they will do that,
they lost to Toronto,
so anyhting can happen,
it will be close, btut I think they will come up short.

~~~GO STARS~~~
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  20:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wings aren't that good. They can't beat the Leafs!!!!! LOL.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  06:20:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Wings are not bad Antro, they had a bad week though, no doubt. I think they are entitled to that, I mean what with being a full 12 points ahead of second place Dallas. They may not get the wins record which is unfortunate, but they are definitely the team to beat this year, or at least one of the teams to beat.

In any case...

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  19:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bad Week Alex? Six in a row and counting. I think they are just getting worn out. I can't say I'm disappointed though. The nice thing about the Leafs beating them is I can say right through the summer until next season, "You Dead Bird Wings Can't Beat The Leafs". Now that is priceless right there!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2008 :  19:55:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They finally won again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To: