Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 The Most Underrated Habs Player Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  19:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After watching the Habs series this year one player hasn't received any recognition for what he does and how much he helps the team win. He plays physical, goes to the net and creates traffic, plays the PK. He may be the most consistent player on the Habs roster in the playoffs this year, and played well in the games that they lost.

I am talking about Maxime Lapierre. This guy is unbelievable and is a great shutdown man. Game 6 was his best game (Game 6 was also the best game I've ever watched) and he played physically in the corners and went to the front of the net. He was solid on the PK and played his position well.

Look for him next game and you will see how underrated he is. He is arguably the best player on the Canadians this series.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 04/19/2008 19:30:58

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  20:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it comes to Lappiere. Unbelievable is an overstatement. I wouldnt go that far. He has been effective but not to the amount that you suggest.

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  08:31:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely agree, I love how Lapierre plays, a speedy, physical, in-your-face type style game. Also he has an offensive upside as well. He brings energy to the Habs lineup as well as intensity, did you see his face before game 2 in the dressing room? Scary. The look he had was full of focus and intensity and he brings it every game, one of my favourite habs.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  09:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha its funny to say but lapierre is my favorite hab the guy is a spark plug,,, maybe not an unbelieveable player,, but a unbeliveable player at his role,,, i think higgens and he should be line mates that would seriously boost his offensive upside,,, dont forget this is a guy who was the leading scorer in hamilton 2 years straight until his big league call up!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  05:39:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
During last night's game I noticed many little things Lapierre does that make him mature beyond his years, for example at one point he was going off for a change the puck came to his feet... instead of going with it into the zone, probably losing it because he is tired and possibly resulting in a goal, he dumps the puck in and changes. Most players at his age would have taken the chance and tried to be a hero and score a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  07:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

haha its funny to say but lapierre is my favorite hab the guy is a spark plug,,, maybe not an unbelieveable player,, but a unbeliveable player at his role,,, i think higgens and he should be line mates that would seriously boost his offensive upside,,, dont forget this is a guy who was the leading scorer in hamilton 2 years straight until his big league call up!!

Pasty

I think they were linemates when higgins was struggling and both of them were able to generate some offence. I think Hamrlik gets overlooked a little too he 's a great d-man

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page