Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Heads Up!
 2006 Heads Up Archive
 If I decided who won the Hart... Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 Forum Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2337 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2006 :  11:05:06  Show Profile
Contributed by Fizzle:

-Take Jagr off the Rangers: You still get a decent team that could probably still make the playoffs, so I rule him out. His stats are good, no doubt, but the Hart is for the player most valuable to his team, not best overall player in the league (although unfortunately that's what it's become).

-Take Kiprusoff off Calgary: A couple wins become losses, and that's about it. Patrick Lalime could post good defensive numbers with Calgary, in fact all it takes is two legs, two arms and a head. Not taking away from the fact that Kiprusoff is an elite goalie, but I'd like to see how he'd do for Pittsburgh or Columbus, or even the Finnish team he skipped out on. I rule him out.

-Take Ovechkin off Washington: The only reason he isn't being considered is because he's not on a playoff team, which I think is ridiculous. He has almost twice as many points as anyone else on his team and he accounts for almost ONE FIFTH of Washington's goals, he has 105 points out of 233 Washington goals (do the math)... and he's A 20 YEAR OLD ROOKIE. He's third in league scoring... how much more valuable to your team can you be? Imagine what Washington would be without him for a second...

Yeah, exactly.

-Take Thornton off San Jose: Cheechoo might have 20 goals, their powerplay isn't half as good and they probably don't make the playoffs. He turned their team around 180 degrees.
-Take Thornton off Boston: Oh wait that already happened... look who's #13 in the East, enough said.

Here's my list for the (Fizzle-)Hart Trophy, awarded as described directly from nhl.com: "The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team" :

1) Thornton - SJ
2) Ovechkin - Was
3) Lundqvist - NYR
4) Staal - Car
5) Crosby - Pit

Have an opinion on Fizzle's article? Let us know. Just hit reply below and post your thoughts. Anything goes...but keep it clean.
PickupHockey.com is your online hockey community. We're always looking for sharp volunteer writers. If you feel that you'd like to contribute articles on a regular basis drop us an email. admin@pickuphockey.com
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page