Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference -Metropolitan Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Pittsburgh
 Eastern Conference - Finals 2009 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  15:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
What team from the Eastern Conference do you think will make it to the Stanley Cup final game in 2009?

Choices:

Boston
New Jersey
Washington
Philadelphia
Montreal
NY Rangers
Florida
Buffalo
Carolina
Pittsburgh
Ottawa
Toronto
Tampa Bay
Atlanta
NY Islanders

Edited by - PhillyFan12 on 02/21/2009 15:27:30

Sharksfan
Top Prospect

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  11:05:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted Washington but I'm pulling for Boston to be there. I'd love to see Thornton hoist the cup in Boston after a 4 game sweep of those Bruins.
GO SHARKS!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2370
( )

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  13:30:59  Reply with Quote
I said boston there doing really good right now!!!! but i'd love to see philly make it to the stanley cup game
Go to Top of Page

goleafsgosjnb
Top Prospect

Canada
98 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  16:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping the Caps pull it off. The game's premier star leads his team to the finals- good sports story. I don't entirely trust goaltending though.

My sleeper team would be the Flyers. This is the first time in my life I find myself not hating the Flyers. I guess it's all about the captains. The team always had a Lindros identity to me...now its all about Richards, and you can't not like that guy.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  18:00:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard to argue against Washington. Ovechkin is a superstar on fire and short of an injury, there is no reason to suspect he'll drop off. They have great team depth (finally, Semin is producing! And when you have Fedorov and Nylander as the low guys on the depth chart, you're doing ok!), but like beanie boy says, the question will be goaltending. Theodore is definitely capable but hasn't shone in a LONG time, maybe this playoffs?? I wonder if they'll make a move at the deadline for some goaltending?

If New Jersey can give Brodeur 10-12 games before the playoffs I think they have a really good shot. This team has incredible depth and excellent post season experience.

I have no truly logical reason for saying this, but it doesn't feel to me like it is Boston's year - bounced in the quarters I'm thinking (Sorry Willus!)

So I'd have to say it will be Washington or New Jersey. My dark horse in the East is Buffalo.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  18:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Philadelphia is a team which can compete against the likes of Boston and Washington. If they can pick up a goalie before the deadline, they'll be a definate cup contender.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2361
( )

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  11:55:40  Reply with Quote
i think philly will
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  12:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Jersey got my vote. To much depth, experiance and a little thing called Brodeur. They aren't as one dimensional as they've been in the past either thanks to Parise and others.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  13:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that the East is a 3 horse race with some potential dark horses.

Boston is not playoff tested, but that is about the only short coming I see. Their defensive core is as good as any out there, they have stable goaltending(and a fall back if an injury occurs) and they have produced offensively. I would not be surprised to see them there.

However, the same recipie is in New Jersey as well. However, they are playoff tested. As said, if Brodeur can find any kind of form, they become even more dangerous.

Washington is the 3rd horse and to me they will either get bounced early or go all the way. They will go as far as their offense allows them to go. Not a bad defense, but they won't win many games by shutting down the other side.

The dark horses, Philly and NYR. I know that the Rangers have stunk up the joint in the past month, but for the first 3 months of the season they were as good any anyone in the East. Maybe the coaching change will shake'em up enough. They have the talent, just haven't had the execution. Philly might surprise, but they seem to lean a lot on their special teams. More so than the other teams in the east. I don't think they are good enough to get there.

My personal pick, NYR. But, the smart Money would be between Boston and New Jersey. It's really a coin flip between those two teams.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  04:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see New Jersey and Washington meeting up in the eastern final, and you might as well toss a coin to see who wins that one. Edge to New Jersey, for sure . . . but Ovechkin is a very special player.

So, I picked New Jersey - but I would really love to see Ovechkin in the finals.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  12:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope philly makes it to the stanley cup game,but the only problem is they dont really have a good goalie.So if they pick up a goalie before the deadline they will be a hard team to compete against
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  14:27:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Boston will maybe be in the final game or washington,there both skilled teams,but boston has a better goalie.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page