Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 The new "18 Million dollar" line Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  13:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
The Habs got a new lineup.Is this the most overpaid 1st line in the NHL?

Cammalleri=$6 mil Gomez=$7 mil Gionta=$5 mil = $18 MILLION

Choices:

Yes
No
Undecided

Edited by - PhillyFan12 on 07/06/2009 05:55:21

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  13:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this line is overpaid.This is a small line,but fast to.
Missing anything?

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!

Edited by - PhillyFan12 on 07/05/2009 13:47:27
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  14:07:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PhillyFan12

I think this line is overpaid.This is a small line,but fast to.
Missing anything?

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!

Gotta agree with u.
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  18:06:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are so overpaid.

Iginla for 2010 team captain.
Flames for cup...eventually.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0919
( )

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  18:28:11  Reply with Quote
Heatley(8.0) Spezza(8.0) Alfredsson(9.1) 25.1 M most overpaid in NHL for coming season.
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  19:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0919

Heatley(8.0) Spezza(8.0) Alfredsson(9.1) 25.1 M most overpaid in NHL for coming season.

Yeah definitely, a couple years ago and it would have made sense but they are no longer the Pizza line anymore.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2335 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  21:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please note that when creating topics be sure to put them in the correct location. This is not a topic about the "CHL" Please note it is now moved to the "Montreal Canadiens" Forum.
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  07:36:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$18 Million is still a bit bunch for these players. However, still doesn't compare to the overpaid players on Ottawa's number 1 line...

Who uses 1/2 the cap for 3 players?? Honestly? lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  07:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rambo2305

$18 Million is still a bit bunch for these players. However, still doesn't compare to the overpaid players on Ottawa's number 1 line...

Who uses 1/2 the cap for 3 players?? Honestly? lol

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford

Said it right Rambo, I agree, Ottawa's line is the most over-paid line in the NHL but they are really good players. So is Montreals new line but there size is what affects them now.

HABS| RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  08:51:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont think Spezza, Alfredson and Heatley are the most overpaid lineup.They are close to the second i'm pretty sure.But they are more skilled then the habs new lineup.

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:08:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The thing is there is a couple million dollars in the difference between re-signing and signing someone for market price. I like this line better than last years but man I wanted Kovalev back, even if he only showed up for 41 games. It was so exciting to watch this guy dangle everyone, Gainey really pissed me off with that, especially with the 2 petitions online with 30,000 people in 2 days and the rally outside of the Bell Centre.

Come on Bob.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8144
( )

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:26:41  Reply with Quote
the 'rally' had like 200 people at it....not much of a rally..
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  12:27:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was still better than the 22 people who showed up to the "Save the Coyotes" rally LOL

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  16:25:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You seem pretty certain that the Canadiens will play these three as a line? Seems unlikely to me, but perhaps you have some inside knowledge?
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  07:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

You seem pretty certain that the Canadiens will play these three as a line? Seems unlikely to me, but perhaps you have some inside knowledge?

Yeah I don't think Gainy will play 3 of these as a line more like Gionta and Gomez on 1 line and Cammaleri on another.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

Guest4931
( )

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  07:49:50  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

quote:

Yeah I don't think Gainy will play 3 of these as a line more like Gionta and Gomez on 1 line and Cammaleri on another.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Actually, I believe it will be Jacques Martin who will decide who plays with whom. Losing Kovalev is a little annoying, but no big deal. For every great goal he scores, he takes 2 stupid penalties. Yes he was fun to watch while he was on, but he was off just as often. The rally was 100 people, and he WAS offered a contract. I think Ottawa overpaid personally.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2295
( )

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  11:53:22  Reply with Quote
this line is overpaid-final
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  12:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4931

quote:

quote:

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Actually, I believe it will be Jacques Martin who will decide who plays with whom. Losing Kovalev is a little annoying, but no big deal. For every great goal he scores, he takes 2 stupid penalties. Yes he was fun to watch while he was on, but he was off just as often. The rally was 100 people, and he WAS offered a contract. I think Ottawa overpaid personally.

Oh yeah, forgot about him.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  05:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didnt even know who Jaques Martin until I had to ask my brother.His account is brentrock2,he said its there head coach.I didnt know because i'm not a habs fan so i dont know,but my brother is a habs fan so he would know more things about the habs then me!!!

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2312
( )

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  19:01:08  Reply with Quote
i choose no they are not overpaid because they are good players.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  01:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WTF??? I repeat, WTF?

First off, BRENTROCK: Okay, i'm new to posting here, but have been around for awhile now, but i gotta ask....you got a Canadiens avatar thing going on...are you a fan?? Seriously, you "forgot about" Jacques Martin? Huh? Did i miss something?
Secondly, oh, and this is to your computer sharing pre-teen brother (possibly twin).....do you follow hockey at all???? Jacques Martin has coached in the NHL for over 14 years (if i wanted to quote you stats, i'd cut and past something from wikipedia and not quote my source, kinda like yer bro). You must be either a new hockey fan, or under 10 years of age?
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  05:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

WTF??? I repeat, WTF?

First off, BRENTROCK: Okay, i'm new to posting here, but have been around for awhile now, but i gotta ask....you got a Canadiens avatar thing going on...are you a fan?? Seriously, you "forgot about" Jacques Martin? Huh? Did i miss something?
Secondly, oh, and this is to your computer sharing pre-teen brother (possibly twin).....do you follow hockey at all???? Jacques Martin has coached in the NHL for over 14 years (if i wanted to quote you stats, i'd cut and past something from wikipedia and not quote my source, kinda like yer bro). You must be either a new hockey fan, or under 10 years of age?

Alex116, I will back you on your "anti-stupid comment brothers" campaign...

I've seen some weird posts before lol...but don't know who Jacques Martin was? I can see two 5-10 years old, faking their age and putting 14, after all, to an 8 year old, 14's a big number lol still say same person :)

On topic, this line won't work, they'll play some selfish hockey, you can expect at least one of them to be on the block by the deadline...

Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  06:17:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

WTF??? I repeat, WTF?

I've seen some weird posts before lol...but don't know who Jacques Martin was? I can see two 5-10 years old, faking their age and putting 14, after all, to an 8 year old, 14's a big number lol still say same person :)

On topic, this line won't work, they'll play some selfish hockey, you can expect at least one of them to be on the block by the deadline...

First off i am 14,and i forgot who Jaques Martin was because they only got him as a head coach since like almost a month ago.I've also been busy this summer with soccer and hockey stuff.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  06:52:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

WTF??? I repeat, WTF?

First off i am 14,and i forgot who Jaques Martin was because they only got him as a head coach since like almost a month ago.I've also been busy this summer with soccer and hockey stuff.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Hmm...you and your brother were both born on September 27th (93' and 94' respectively), your parents must be good at math for the odds of that lol...also, your bios are the same...very sketchy haha..

To keep to the topic :P...Cammy will have no more then 70 points, Gomez will have around 50, and Gionta will have 55-60...

Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  06:55:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WTF??? I repeat, WTF?

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Hmm...you and your brother were both born on September 27th (93' and 94' respectively), your parents must be good at math for the odds of that lol...also, your bios are the same...very sketchy haha..

To keep to the topic :P...Cammy will have no more then 70 points, Gomez will have around 50, and Gionta will have 55-60...

Rambo we are just not brothers, we are also twins.Anyways I told my brother he had made a mistake on his bio so he said he will go in and change it.

HABS RULE!!
brentrock2

Edited by - brentrock2 on 07/09/2009 07:01:55
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  07:10:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have made a mistake but now i'm going to change.so now its going to be fixed
P.S."Thanks for telling me"

PhillyFan12
Philly Rules!!!
Go to Top of Page

Rambo2305
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
546 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  08:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol...well in that case, you are pretty close twins? haha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page