Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Detroit
 detoit's off to a bad start Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic   

the hockey guy
Rookie

Canada
135 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  10:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man!! detoit isn't to as good as a start as i expected...they kept most off their team. but i guess the loss of lagace was bigger than it sounded....Hasek didn't do that bad with the sens but hasn't been the same since the groin injury in the olympics...i hope they inprove or they will not have a chance for the cup...the could also be some major trades going down

jo paulo

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2006 :  13:26:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same thing as Ottawa. Both teams who won their Conferences last year are in basically the same predicament. They don't have solid consistent goaltending and their top lines need to step up.... BIG TIME.

Go to Top of Page

oil guy
Rookie

Canada
122 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2006 :  06:45:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it just me or is detroit just starting to show there age? imo that is what has kept them from making a ligit run for the cup, its why the peter out in the playoffs, no gas in the tank.
Go to Top of Page

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2006 :  13:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think goaltending is the issue. The problem is that Zetterberg and Datsyuk are not playing to their potential. They need these guys scoring if they want to win. Lidstrom and Schneider have been good - especially on the powerplay. Could this be the year that Detroit returns to mediocrity? Makes sense since that is where they were before Yzerman.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  12:31:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, with Hašek and Datsyuk and Zetterberg and Holmstrom and Lidstrom, I'd have expected more from the Red Wings

Edited by - Mikhailova on 11/27/2006 13:50:32
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2006 :  12:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oil guy

is it just me or is detroit just starting to show there age?

They're starting to show their age. They've got the 2 oldest players in the NHL--Hašek and Chelios, who are 42 and 44 (almost 45) respectively. And they've got 11 other players over 30.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  07:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing I've learned over the years, never count the Red Wings out. I hate them with everything I am, but they still surprise everyone and will make the playoffs every year no matter what. They have such a good scouting system, and their depth has never been questionable. It just sucks that the fans in Detroit are so indifferent to the team, and basically show up for marquee games, and the last 3 games in a playoffs series.

I HATE seeing empty seats in an NHL arena, especially when the city has "Hockeytown" attached to it.

I guarantee you they will go on a 7-8 game winning streak before christmas time, and will be on top of the division trying to secure home-ice advantage down the stretch. Plus, when you've got gaffers like Chicago, St Louis and Columbus in your division, you just need to play a little bit above average and you'll be fine.

Go to Top of Page

Myles06-07
Top Prospect

91 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2006 :  18:07:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im not going to say the Red Wings suck, but they are having a terribly slow start. They need to get rid of the old guys. They will come around but they won't be presidents trophy candidates this year.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  04:53:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
8 in a row....
Go to Top of Page

Guest8985
( )

Posted - 11/12/2006 :  14:07:20  Reply with Quote
they need Shanahan back and Zetterberg producing....7 points in 16 games that sucks
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  15:32:30  Reply with Quote
Detroit sucks
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2006 :  13:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

Detroit sucks

So do the Flames, Leafs, Canucks, Coyotes, and Blackhawks according to you. Is there a team you think doesn't suck??
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
338 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2007 :  06:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest8977

Detroit sucks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So do the Flames, Leafs, Canucks, Coyotes, and Blackhawks according to you. Is there a team you think doesn't suck??

ha its true what team do you like columbus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page