Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Montreal
 Latendresse disses Roy Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luckyluc
Top Prospect

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2006 :  10:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I will act like a man. I'll leave it to him to act like a child."

Words from Habs rookie Guillaume Latendresse to Patrick Roy. I haven't been following the story too closely but apparantly Roy was ripping the kid and said that the only reason he didn't go back to juniors was becasue he is French Canadian.(I believe he played on Roys team the Remparts). He then criticized him for taking 14 games to score a goal. Roy is pathetic and apparantley gets off on picking on teenage hockey players.

Guest4134
( )

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  13:47:01  Reply with Quote

1st of all Habs r the Best
2nd when roy said that its about time he scored and he was saying bad stuff about him lets see roy score he was goalie in the nhl for like 18 years and never scored
3rd i bet u roy was gonna try getting Latendresse from drumondville if he didnt go 2 the nhl so roy is mad that hes missing a forward on the 1st line
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  14:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4134

2nd when roy said that its about time he scored and he was saying bad stuff about him lets see roy score he was goalie in the nhl for like 18 years and never scored
3rd i bet u roy was gonna try getting Latendresse from drumondville if he didnt go 2 the nhl so roy is mad that hes missing a forward on the 1st line

"Some people skate to the puck. I skate to where the puck is going to be."
~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  14:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4134

Dude the Habs are not the best. I think you are right that Roy was pissed that he didn't get the kid back. Dissing Roy for not scoring, you are hilarious!

~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest9085
( )

Posted - 11/10/2006 :  18:41:57  Reply with Quote
you guys are all crazy, Roy was the best goalie of all time and he deserves respect, maaaaad respect yo. if you were still suckling your mom's tats and were too young to see him play his series against detroit then you missed some of the best hockey ever. i have nothing but respect for the man.
in his series against LA he winked at Sandstrom in OT (once again most of you too young to remember), a wink that said i'm going to win this game, nobody's scoring on me. sure enough, he did what he does and went on to win a cup.
props King
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  10:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From tsn.ca:

quote:
"Patrick came to see me in the hotel lobby shake my hand," he told TSN's Quebec sister station RDS. "It was a gesture of respect, and I was quite content. I think that Patrick and I wanted to turn the page. It's important for me because I do not have anything against Patrick."

Good for the kid to be the bigger man. Two goals last night and Roy is backing down.

Roy is a punk. Yes he is the greatest of all time (for now as Marty Brodeur will take that away from him in the next few years). I remember all of those moments you mentioned and agree he was insanely good. But you did leave out the one where he was being a cocky prick and lifted his glove only to find the puck rolling into the net. His cockiness backfired - just like it did in the Latendresse situation.

~Wayne Gretzky
Go to Top of Page

Guest8977
( )

Posted - 11/18/2006 :  15:34:23  Reply with Quote
Roy is showing off becuz hes the NHL's winningestgoalie
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2006 :  17:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan Harper

Dude the Habs are not the best.

Agreed. Of course they're not. It's the Sabres, people. Look at their record--best in the NHL! Woot!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  17:14:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, some will argue Anaheim now too, but I still say the Sabres.

Watching the Montreal-Flyers game right now. 2-0 Habs. The Canadiens' red jerseys look a lot like my high school hockey team's jerseys, except intstead of the C and H in the middle we have an eagle. Heck, even our school's initials have a C and an H in them--CHS!

Edited by - Mikhailova on 12/21/2006 17:21:51
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2006 :  19:39:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Habs are only 5 points out of first in the East and they are 6-2-2 in their last 10 games. Buffalo better not slip.

And I think Roy has earned the right to have an opinion in a league he dominated for so many years. How can you argue with a guy who known for these kind of quotes:

In the 1996 Western Conference semi-finals between the Colorado Avalanche and the Chicago Blackhawks Jeremy Roenick said, "I'd like to know where Patrick was in Game 3 [a game in which Roenick had scored on Roy], probably up trying to get his jock out of the rafters." Roy retorted with his now-famous line, "I can't hear what Jeremy says, because I've got my two Stanley Cup rings plugging my ears."

Go to Top of Page

DTH
Top Prospect

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2006 :  23:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is being a kick-ass goaltender in almost 2 decades means that you can act like a child-that-loss-his-candy? The situation with the Montreal Canadiens with the coach was a good exemple of childness and this citation prove it even better:

« Je ne peux pas entendre ce que Jeremy [Roenick] dit parce que j'ai les oreilles bouchées par mes deux bagues de la coupe Stanley. »

Translation: I can't hear what Jeremy [Roenick] say because I have my two Stanley Cup rings blocked in my ear...

Well...maybe the translation's not that good but that says all...lol

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot, well no, the Habs are not first in the conference, only third on 15, a shame yes...

Edited by - DTH on 12/26/2006 23:11:31
Go to Top of Page

dummy101
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  06:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roy has no class and does get off on messing with young kids heads.He pulled the same lowlife tactics at the Memorial Cup last spring.He made very classless remarks about the Moncton goalie and it messed the kid up.As for Roy being the best ever just holler "Al MacInnis"and watch him run and hide.He would have had another ring,maybe,in'89 if he didn't close his eyes and get"small"every time Mac would even fake a shot,HEHE!!The"BEST EVER"doesn't pull that c**p!The" Best Ever"is a no brainer,can you say Bernie Parent.If he doesn't get hurt and have his career ended Philly is probably still winning Cups and the Habs have 2 or 3 less,hehe!
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2006 :  09:47:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roy's numbers and success deem him by most as the best ever. You can say that injuries slowed down or stopped the careers of many players (Orr, Lemiuex) but the fact of the matter is "would haves" don't win Cups. If they did, Gretzky, Messier, Coffey, and Anderson "would have" played thier entire careers with Edmonton and they "would have" won 3-5 more Cups.

But that didn't happen.

Go to Top of Page

Buddyno2000
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
606 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2007 :  09:14:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roy didn't have the right to say way he said but he was totally right and specially since he new what he was talking about ''he played there remember'' the kind did good but what Roy was saying is that he would not have had that many chances with the Habs if he would have been Russian for instance.

Conclusion: Roy was right, Roy was stupid.

Go leafs Go by the way
Go to Top of Page

Guest7785
( )

Posted - 03/21/2007 :  09:48:45  Reply with Quote
One thing you have to realize, is although Roy has shown countless times where he is classless (Gettin kicked out of the Phoenix game when that kid scored on him, telling Roenick during playoffs that even if he had got a penalty shot he woulda stopped him, then all that in the Mem cup...the list can go on and on) Latendresse has no right to say a word to Roy or any established Vet in the NHL retired or not. He should know his place and should've said 'no comment'... not this, "i'll be the bigger man sh*t." Everyone knows that was just his back-door way of trying to one-up the guy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page