Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Other Leagues: AHL, ECHL, Junior
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... International Hockey
 CROSBY SHOULD BE CAPTAIN!!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest0482
( )

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  14:29:28  Reply with Quote
After watching the news and listening to people thoughts who else thinks its absurb how many people want Crosby as Captain this kid has no where the amount of experience and knowlege compared to half the team. Sure in time he will be a great team Captian but in the meantime people smartin up.

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2009 :  16:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Crosby will most likley be captain If the nhl sends to Russia in 4 years but right now it isn't his time. I definatly think he deserves the A they are putting on him for this tournament though.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6851
( )

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  09:29:16  Reply with Quote
Crosby's a great player but is not well liked by others in the league and thus not the best fit for an Olympic Captain. He can lead in other ways but putting up a s*%it ton of points.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  11:59:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Neidermayer was absolutely my number 1 choice, with Iginla a very close 2nd.

However, I would put Crosby over Pronger.

It's nothing against Crosby, it's just not his turn or his time. 2014 fits better.
Go to Top of Page

polishexpress
PickupHockey Pro

525 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  16:00:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NO WAY should Crosby be captain: when there are players with more experience (ie Pronger, Niedermayer), are older, he should not be named captain of the national team. Besides, how could he captain an Olympic team when it his first Olympics? Beans is right, 4 years from now, he could be captain.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  17:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iginla was my choice for captain. While i don't have a problem with the Niedermeyer choice, i'd have preferred to see Iggy get the C. To me, he's the classiest player, well spoken, respected, etc. Overall, it really doesn't matter, there's enough leaders on this team and they'll all get their chance to be the leaders they need to be whether they're wearing a letter or not.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  18:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Iginla was my choice for captain. While i don't have a problem with the Niedermeyer choice, i'd have preferred to see Iggy get the C. To me, he's the classiest player, well spoken, respected, etc. Overall, it really doesn't matter, there's enough leaders on this team and they'll all get their chance to be the leaders they need to be whether they're wearing a letter or not.

I was also hoping for Iginla. But Niedermayer is also a great choice. I'm so glad Crosby isn't because now he can just go and play, score goals, set up some more and be the man at some important point during the tourney.
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2010 :  19:59:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as I respect Crosby's play, leadership and work ethic. He just does not have the experience some other guys have as the leader of an olympic team or even an NHL team.

Niedermyer is the correct choice, with Iginla trailing slightly behind.

Giving an 'A' to Crosby is also the correct decision here. He's a young leader, who will eventually be the King of Canada in Olympics to come.

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4004
( )

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  21:45:00  Reply with Quote
There is no way you can tell me crosby is a better leader that richards
Go to Top of Page

Guest4004
( )

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  21:45:46  Reply with Quote
There is no way you can tell me crosby is a better leader that richards
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  17:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought Crosby was assigned as an Assistant Captain during the 2010 Olympics?

I do not see him wearing an 'A' during game 1 VS Norway.

Or, are they just rotating A's throughout the tourney?

Irvine/prez.
Go to Top of Page

Bozonator
Top Prospect

57 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  22:51:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe you can only have one C and two A's, so I assume they will just be rotating A's throughout the tourney between Pronger, Crosby and Iginla.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page