Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Edmonton
 What should the Oilers do Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Guest6027
( )

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  13:20:47  Reply with Quote
Isn't the solution rather obvious? Move the Oilers down to the WHL and they are likely to make the playoffs!! :-)

A Flames Fan :-)
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
899 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  13:47:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the information Beans.

Until such a time as this could actually be a reality, the boys are stuck with some over paid talent.

Hmmm...could swear I overheard my boss telling a coworker the same thing ......and I don't think he was talking hockey!!!

Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
899 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  13:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6027

Isn't the solution rather obvious? Move the Oilers down to the WHL and they are likely to make the playoffs!! :-)

A Flames Fan :-)



Nice one! Sounds good, but I'm thinking the odds are about ....
9 - 1.....of it ever happening. Maybe that's a bit high...no.9 - 1 ...that sounds about right.... not 8 -1, but 9 - 1.

An Oilers Fan

Edited by - fat_elvis_rocked on 01/19/2010 13:54:32
Go to Top of Page

Guest0543
( )

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  15:09:02  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6027

Isn't the solution rather obvious? Move the Oilers down to the WHL and they are likely to make the playoffs!! :-)

A Flames Fan :-)



Nice one! Sounds good, but I'm thinking the odds are about ....
9 - 1.....of it ever happening. Maybe that's a bit high...no.9 - 1 ...that sounds about right.... not 8 -1, but 9 - 1.

An Oilers Fan



If your going to bring up scores from Monday night...

6-0 isnt much more glorious is it? At least Calgary has a win so far this decade muhahahahaha

Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  15:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't think that either team from Alberta has anything to talk about theses days. In the games I have watched in the past 3 weeks involving Calgary, they need to step up their game significantly. If they bring this game to the playoffs, they will only have 4 more games than the Oilers this season.

Geez, I just can't get past this Oilers thing. They have completely given up. I understand there is literally no hope of reaching the playoffs but you are professionals! I work for an organization that was hit really hard with the recession and there was no hope of anyone getting any kind of bonus or reward this past year(if you were lucky enough to keep your job) but does that mean I get to mail in the last 3 months of the year???

This season is a perfect example of where it should be possible to terminate a contract based on lack of effort. There would be about 12 Oilers looking for work.

It's crap when a fan starts thinking what could have been in January. Hemsky, Souray for a big part of the year, Khabibulin, and Penner falling back asleep. Not saying they would have been a playoff team, but at the least competative. And I wouldn't be warming up a friggin Leafs Avatar. (I just threw up in my mouth a little bit).
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  16:33:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As much as I enjoyed the flames getting romped last night, the oilers did as well, and the flames are currently in a play off spot, you really have no right to beak.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
899 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  21:11:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Canucks Man

As much as I enjoyed the flames getting romped last night, the oilers did as well, and the flames are currently in a play off spot, you really have no right to beak.

CANUCKS RULE!!!




Thanks for the heads up there sir!

Jus' so you know...the little smiley face thing there usually means the comment is made in a jesting manner, a joke, hopefully even some witty repartee'...

You Canucks fans are all just so serious....

note; see the smiley face, and see explanation above.


And oh yeah, I know the Oilers are horrible this year, but I refuse to pout or make excuses, what do you think I am, a Leafs fan???


again, see smiley face and refer to above....
Go to Top of Page

fat_elvis_rocked
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
899 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  21:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0543

quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6027

Isn't the solution rather obvious? Move the Oilers down to the WHL and they are likely to make the playoffs!! :-)

A Flames Fan :-)



Nice one! Sounds good, but I'm thinking the odds are about ....
9 - 1.....of it ever happening. Maybe that's a bit high...no.9 - 1 ...that sounds about right.... not 8 -1, but 9 - 1.

An Oilers Fan



If your going to bring up scores from Monday night...

6-0 isnt much more glorious is it? At least Calgary has a win so far this decade muhahahahaha





And as for you mister Guest0543.......I got nothing....

you are right.....nice one
Go to Top of Page

Guest0543
( )

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  18:32:41  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest0543

quote:
Originally posted by fat_elvis_rocked

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6027

Isn't the solution rather obvious? Move the Oilers down to the WHL and they are likely to make the playoffs!! :-)

A Flames Fan :-)



Nice one! Sounds good, but I'm thinking the odds are about ....
9 - 1.....of it ever happening. Maybe that's a bit high...no.9 - 1 ...that sounds about right.... not 8 -1, but 9 - 1.

An Oilers Fan



If your going to bring up scores from Monday night...

6-0 isnt much more glorious is it? At least Calgary has a win so far this decade muhahahahaha





And as for you mister Guest0543.......I got nothing....

you are right.....nice one



Its really just therapy picking on Oilers, when the flames have been so dreadful as of late. This is horrible that Oilers and Flames fans have so much in common as of late. Soon we will be sitting in pubs together talking about next season and how much we hate our teams...

That day i thought would never come. The leafs must be winning the cup this year
Go to Top of Page

Guest4227
( )

Posted - 01/23/2010 :  04:56:56  Reply with Quote
Beans
Penner is overpaid as well. He played well for about 2 months. There is no way he scores even 30
Go to Top of Page

Gusteroni
Rookie



Canada
225 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  11:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4227

Beans
Penner is overpaid as well. He played well for about 2 months. There is no way he scores even 30



I would disagree. He's at 22 goals now and there are 30 games left, it is very likely he will hit 30 maybe even 35.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  14:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gusteroni

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4227

Beans
Penner is overpaid as well. He played well for about 2 months. There is no way he scores even 30



I would disagree. He's at 22 goals now and there are 30 games left, it is very likely he will hit 30 maybe even 35.

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."


Considering he has done it without Hemsky for most of the season and really no other support from anyone. I would like to see a motivated Penner with Hemsky for an entire season as I would say 40 goals and 70 points for Penner and 80+ points and 20 goals for Hemsky is not a pipedream.

Unfortunately, the Oilers have far deeper problems than Penner and Hemsky. A healthy goalie, a defense that doesn't turn the puck over, and 3rd and 4th line that actually care would be a step in the right direction. But I am dreaming to think that is coming any time soon......
Go to Top of Page

Guest0416
( )

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  16:22:58  Reply with Quote
This Oilers team has been a disgrace. The finger can be pointed at many people, but it comes down to K-Lowe and those hugh signings. Horcoff, my God is he over-paid and is currently
-24. The man should relinquish some of his salary to Haiti relief or something, so that some of his salary goes to something good because it sure isn't his play.

I agree with wiping the slate clean and that includes the likes of Joey Moss and that annoying announcer at Rexall Place. I have only been to a few games in my life cause I live in Saskatoon, but even when I hear him on TV is annoys me.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15
Moderator



Canada
8173 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2010 :  17:04:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Classy. Get rid of Joey Moss???

Ultimately, Lowe is the guy on top. And for every decent Penner or Smid contract, there is a Horcoff and Pisani contract.

However, scouting has also been under his world as well, so can you also blame him for bringing in Gagner, Cogliano, Hemsky, Eberle, Paarvi-Svenson, Aston, etc???

Hindsight is 20/20 and always will be. Horcoff was coming off 2 of the past 4 seasons very close to a PPG.

I do agree that Lowe has a propencity to sign for potential rather than actual output, but let's not think that he is the only GM in the world that signs bad deals. Someone out there paid nearly $10 million a year for Briere, $3.5 million a season for Jeff Finger, or $6.5 million for Wade Redden.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page