- Bruins hire Joe Sacco as assistant coach
- Leafs' hiring of Kyle Dubas as asst GM signals shift to analytics
- Center Ryan O'Reilly agrees to two-year pact with Avalanche
- Wild's Thomas Vanek questioned in gambling case
- Canucks' Jordan Subban hopes to break out of brothers' shadows
- First-round pick Nikita Scherbak signs three-year deal with Canadiens
- Free agent goaltender Martin Brodeur to wait for 'right fit'
- Maria Kirilenko, Alex Ovechkin call off engagement
- Cody Franson avoids arbitration, inks one-year pact with Maple Leafs
- New arena for Red Wings planned for 2017
- Rangers ink winger Lee Stempniak on one-year deal
- Jets sign three forwards to one-year contracts
- Left winger Tim Bozon returns to competition after four month hospitalization
- Panthers re-sign defenseman Dmitry Kulikov for three years
- Flames netminder Jonas Hiller has appendicitis attack in camp
- Devils re-sign forward Jacob Josefson for two years
- Sabres sign forward Tyler Ennis to 5-year deal
- Sharks ink defensemen Jason Demers, Taylor Doherty
- Predators sign Mike Ribeiro, Derek Roy to one-year deals
- Penguins: Sidney Crosby will not go under knife for ailing wrist
Bruins hire Joe Sacco as assistant coach
Thu, 24 Jul 2014 16:13:59 +0000
Boston, MA, United States (4E Sports) - The Boston Bruins have boosted their coaching staff by hiring Joe Sacco as assistant coaching, replacing Geoff Ward, who resigned from Claude Julien's staff earlier this summer to take a head-coaching job in Germany.
A former Boston University standout, the 45-year-old Sacco served as an assistant coach for the Buffalo Sabres last season.
He also worked as head coach of the Colorado Avalanche from 2009 to 2013 and recorded a 130-134-40 record, and won the Jack Adams Award in 2010.
Sacco played 13 seasons and 738 games in the NHL with five teams, including the Toronto Maple Leafs, Anaheim Ducks, New York Islanders, Washington Capitals and Philadelphia Flyers. He scored 94 goals and added 119 assists for 213 points.