- Oilers deal forward Ales Hemsky to Senators
- Canadiens acquire Thomas Vanek from Islanders
- Canucks trade Roberto Luongo to Panthers
- Kings ship three players to Blue Jackets for Marian Gaborik
- Rangers ship Ryan Callahan, picks to Lightning for Martin St. Louis
- Canadiens acquire blueliner Mike Weaver from Panthers
- Oilers acquire goalie Viktor Fasth from Ducks
- Oilers ship goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov to Wild
- Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford's equipment stolen
- Canucks forward Daniel Sedin suffers leg injury
- Senators down Canucks in NHL Heritage Classic
- Vincent Lecavalier saves day as Flyers down Capitals in OT
- Alexander Ovechkin lifts Capitals past Bruins
- Patrick Kane: US still one of best teams despite Olympic setback
- Blues acquire goalie Ryan Miller, Steve Ott from Sabres
- Sharks netminder Antti Niemi to start against Sabres
- Lubomir Visnovsky lifts Islanders over Maple Leafs
- Canadiens' netminder Carey Price to miss two games with injury
- After attending to sick father, Alex Ovechkin rejoins Capitals
- Ex-Avalanche star Milan Hejduk announces retirement
Oilers deal forward Ales Hemsky to Senators
Wed, 05 Mar 2014 21:07:58 +0000
Edmonton, AB, Canada (4E Sports) - The Edmonton Oilers sent veteran right wing Ales Hemsky to the Ottawa Senators Wednesday for a third-round draft selection in 2015 and a fifth-round pick in 2014.
"I need a change. It's a good challenge for me, I've been here for so long in this situation, so I'm happy for the challenge," said Hemsky, who spent his entire 11-year career with the Oilers.
The Oilers will be responsible for half of Hemsky's remaining salary for this season. He was scheduled to make $5.5 million this season.
Hemsky, 30, has nine goals and 17 assists this season.