Heads Up - Blogs
Heads Up - Darren Dobber
January 05, 2017
The Big Guns Ryan Getzlaf – He missed Tuesday’s practice to receive treatment and ...
- Canadiens fire Michel Therrien, hire Claude Julien as head coach
- Brent Burns shines as Sharks end four-game losing streak
- Tigers, Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch passes away at 87
- David Pastrnak lights lamp with 25th goal of season as Bruins edge Canucks
- Capitals forward Andre Burakovsky sustains hand injury, out 4-6 weeks
- Ryan Miller, Daniel Sedin shine as Canucks blank Blue Jackets
- Bruins fire Claude Julien, promote Bruce Cassidy as head coach
- Ex-Flyers to play in Russia, may face Vlamidir Putin
- Philipp Grubauer shines with 38 saves as Capitals rout Kings
- NHL, NHLPA eye two international events in China, Sweden
- Panthers owner Vincent Viola withdraws nomination as Army Secretary
- NHL: Netminders must wear new goalie pants by Saturday
- Blues fire coach Ken Hitchcock, promote associate coach Mike Yeo
- Wayne Simmonds shines as Metropolitan beats Pacific in NHL All-Star Game
- Atlantic Division wins NHL All-Star Skills Competition
- Celebrities, NHL players face off in NHL All-Star Shootout
- Sharks trade forward Tommy Wingels for 2 players, 2017 pick
- Young stars take centerstage at NHL All-Star Weekend
- Panthers owner Vincent Viola accused of punching concession worker in August
- Islanders fire Jack Capuano, appoint GM Doug Weight as interim coach
Brent Burns shines as Sharks end four-game losing streak
Mon, 13 Feb 2017 01:24:11 +0000
Newark, NJ, United States (4E Sports) - Brent Burns scored twice while Martin Jones tallied 21 saves as the San Jose Sharks ended a four-game losing streak with a 4-1 win over the New Jersey Devils Sunday at Prudential Center.
Joe Thornton added a goal and an assist while Tomas Hertl scored his 6th goal of the season as the Sharks improved to 34-18-5.
P.A. Parenteau scored while Cory Schneider tallied 34 saves for the Devils, who slipped to 23-22-10.
Parenteau put the Devils ahead with his 13th goal of the season at 11:42 but Burns tied the count at 2:27 of the second.
At 7:46, Burns snapped his second goal of the game and 24th of the season to give the Sharks a 2-1 advantage.
Thornton then made it 3-1 San Jose with his fifth goal of the season while Hertl scored an empty net tally to cap scoring.