- Blue Jackets forward Jeremy Morin out a week due to accelerated heart rate
- Kings demote Mike Richards to AHL
- Netminder Martin Brodeur retires, joins Blues' front office
- Leafs' Dion Phaneuf out with upper body injury
- Islanders forward Kyle Okposo sidelined with upper-body injury
- Isles' John Tavares nets four goals as Team Toews tops Team Foligno
- Predators defenseman Shea Weber wins 2015 hardest shot competition
- Bruins, Wild, Avalanche to host outdoor games next season
- After World Cup of Hockey, NHL mulls Ryder Cup-style event
- Avs' Erik 0Johnson ruled out of All-Star Game due to injury
- Blues goalie Elliott named to replace Jackets' Bobrovsky in All-Star Game
- Ray Whitney announces retirement after 23-year NHL career
- Coyotes' Mikkel Boedker undergoes surgery to remove damaged spleen
- NHL slaps six-game suspension to Blackhawks forward Daniel Carcillo
- Bruins set to host Canadiens in 2016 Winter Classic
- Nikolay Kulemin stars as Islanders top Flyers
- Bryan Little lifts streaking Jets past slumping Coyotes in shootout
- Rangers tame Penguins, extend Marc Staal for six years
- Flames top Sharks on Sean Monahan's overtime goal
- Kings to retire former defenseman Rob Blake's No. 4
Blue Jackets forward Jeremy Morin out a week due to accelerated heart rate
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 19:58:38 +0000
Columbus, OH, United States (4E Sports) - Columbus Blue Jackets forward Jeremy Morin is expected to be sidelined for at least a week after he was placed on injured reserve due to an accelerated heart rate.
The 23-year-old Morin was taken to Grand Medical Center during the second intermission Tuesday after complaining of an accelerated heart rate during Tuesday's 4-3 win over the Washington Capitals.
According to general manager Jarmo Kekalainen , Morin is expected to be released from the hospital Thursday.
"His resting heart rate wasn't going down," Kekalainen said. "It's nothing serious. I'm not sure if he's going to need further tests or not, but everything was fine. His heart rate calmed while he was being tested at the hospital."
Morin, who was acquired in a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks on Dec. 14, has one goal and two assists in 31 games this season.