- Chimera, Ovechkin combine for 4 goals to lift Capitals over Rangers
- Penguins' Kris Letang diagnosed with concussion after hit by Coyotes' Sloan
- Predators top Capitals, clinch first playoff berth since 2011-2012 season
- Milan Lucic scores twice as Bruins down Rangers
- Panthers forward Nick Bjugstad out for season after successful back surgery
- NHL hands Capitals forward Tom Wilson $2K fine for diving/embellishment
- Flames make final push for Stanley Cup Playoffs
- FBI, local police probe threats against Isles' Nick Leddy
- Canucks lock up Chris Tanev for 5 years at $22.25-M
- Ex-Capitals forward charged for trying to burn father's house
- Blood clot prevents Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis from returning this season
- Rangers offense explodes in victory over Ducks
- Kings bring back forward Mike Richards to strengthen playoff push
- Justin Abdelkader's power-play goal lifts Red Wings over Blues in OT
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak returns to action to shut out Devils
- Radim Vrbata shines as Canucks crush Kings
- Justin Fontaine leads Wild past Blues
- Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist feels he's still on track for playoffs
- Ex-Canadiens coach slams P.K. Subban during legend's DWI arrest
- Leafs' Nazem Kadri suspended four games for head shot
Chimera, Ovechkin combine for 4 goals to lift Capitals over Rangers
Sun, 29 Mar 2015 23:55:12 +0000
New York, NY, United States (4E Sports) - Jason Chimera drove in two goals in the third to lift the Washington Capitals over the New York Rangers, 5-2 Sunday at Madison Square Garden.
Braden Holtby made 23 saves for the Capitals (41-25-10).
Chimera put Capitals up 4-2 with back-to-back goals at 4:41 and 7:41 of the third and Marcus Johansson added an empty-netter with 2:23 left.
Alex Ovechkin had a goal on a power play to tie the game at 2-all in the second period.
Derick Brassard and Kevin Hayes had a goal each to put the Rangers ahead 2-1 in the first period after Ovechkin gave the Capitals the initial lead at 4:32 of the first.
Cam Talbot made 26 saves for the Rangers (47-21-7, 101 pts ).