- Jets 'shut down' Jacob Trouba until February
- Domestic violence case against Kings' Slava Voynov to push through
- Dallas Eakins fired as Oilers head coach, Todd Nelson to transition into role
- Blackhawks acquire defenseman Tim Erixon for 'Jackets forward Jeremy Morin
- Joffrey Lupul lifts Maple Leafs past Kings in shootout
- Penguins forward Sidney Crosby diagnosed with mumps
- Jonathan Bernier shines as Maple Leafs rout Red Wings
- Bobby Ryan shines in shootout as Senators top Bruins
- Netminder Marc-Andre Fleury shines as Penguins down Flames
- Boston looks to host Winter Classic again, leads 2016 bid
- Blackhawks' Jonathan Toews fine after getting hit against Bruins
- Matt Duchene's two goals propel Avs in edging Jets
- NHL bans Ryan Garbutt 3 games for tripping Jets blueliner
- Devils' Travis Zajac, Adam Larsson diagnosed with mumps
- Wild's Ballard knocked unconscious after hit by Islanders' Martin
- Ducks forward Corey Perry out 3-4 weeks with knee sprain
- Defenseman Kevin Klein lifts Rangers past Penguins in OT
- Paul MacLean fired as Senators coach, replaced by assistant Dave Cameron
- Canadiens legend Jean Beliveau's public viewing opened Sunday
- Ducks forward Corey Perry to miss Jets matchup due to knee injury
Jets 'shut down' Jacob Trouba until February
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 16:58:44 +0000
Winnipeg, MB, Canada (4E Sports) - Winnipeg Jets defenseman Jacob Trouba will be out for more than six weeks due to a pre-existing upper-body injury.
Jets head coach Paul Maurice said the condition gradually progressed to the point they "had to shut him down."
No surgical procedure will be required for Trouba's condition, which is unrelated to his neck injury last season.
Maurice did not give a direct answer on whether this was aggravated in Saturday's loss to the Anaheim Ducks.
The coach said they will miss Trouba's contribution in big goals late in games, in driving the offense , as part of a power-play unit and in killing penalties.
Trouba averaged more than 23-and-a-half minutes per game this season.