- Gabriel Landeskog's two goals power Avs past Wild
- Matt Duchene's first round return for Avs ruled out by coach
- Blues edge Blackhawks in OT for 2-0 series lead
- Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville fined $25,000 for gesture
- Canadiens dominate Lightning to take 2-0 series lead
- Injured 'Jackets forward Nick Foligno may return in Game 2
- Shutting down Flyers' Claude Giroux key to Rangers in series
- Jets sign coach Paul Maurice to four-year deal
- Dale Weise's overtime goal lifts Canadiens past Lightning in Game 1
- Panthers win NHL Draft Lottery, edge Sabres
- Coach: Vancouver Canucks core needs youth
- After 15 years, Barry Trotz out as Predators coach
- Eric Staal lifts Hurricanes over Flyers in shootout
- Justin Abdelkader leads Red Wings past Blues
- Sabres lose five players to injuries vs Bruins
- Lightning's Ryan Malone arrested on DUI, suspicion of cocaine possession
- David Krejci shines as Bruins clinch Presidents' Trophy
- Postma scores pivotal goal as Jets top Flames
- Wild forward Mike Rupp suspended 4 games for illegal check
- Brendan Shanahan joins Leafs as president
Gabriel Landeskog's two goals power Avs past Wild
Sun, 20 Apr 2014 11:32:46 +0000
Denver, CO, United States (4E Sports) - Gabriel Landeskog scored twice to help the Colorado Avalanche top the Minnesota Wild, 4-2 Saturday at Pepsi Center.
Paul Stastny and Nathan MacKinnon each scored and dished out three assists.
Charles Coyle opened up the scoring at 4:18 of the first to give the Wild a 1-0 lead.
MacKinnon scored off an assist by Stastny and Nick Holden to tie the game shortly after.
Landeskog scored twice in the second period both off assists by Stastny and MacKinnon to put the Avs up 3-1.
Then with 1:19 remaining, Marco Scandella made it a one-goal game.
But Stastny quickly sealed it in the waning seconds when he scored an empty-netter off a feed from MacKinnon.
Semyon Varlamov finished with 30 saves for the Avs.
Ilya Bryzgalov had 11 saves and Darcy Kuemper had 14 for the Wild.