- FBI, local police probe threats against Isles' Nick Leddy
- Canucks lock up Chris Tanev for 5 years at $22.25-M
- Ex-Capitals forward charged for trying to burn father's house
- Blood clot prevents Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis from returning this season
- Rangers offense explodes in victory over Ducks
- Kings bring back forward Mike Richards to strengthen playoff push
- Justin Abdelkader's power-play goal lifts Red Wings over Blues in OT
- Islanders' Jaroslav Halak returns to action to shut out Devils
- Radim Vrbata shines as Canucks crush Kings
- Justin Fontaine leads Wild past Blues
- Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist feels he's still on track for playoffs
- Ex-Canadiens coach slams P.K. Subban during legend's DWI arrest
- Leafs' Nazem Kadri suspended four games for head shot
- Penguins' Evgeni Malkin out 1-2 weeks with lower-body injury
- Rangers forward Martin St. Louis sidelined with lower-body injury
- NHL GMs to discuss OT format, expansion of video review
- Teemu Pulkkinen scores twice as Red Wings crush Penguins
- Rangers' blueliner Kevin Klein to miss 4-6 weeks after shot block to hand
- Penguins lose centers Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin to illness, injury
- Leafs' Nazem Kadri says 3-game benching is 'wake-up call'
FBI, local police probe threats against Isles' Nick Leddy
Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:11:11 +0000
New York, NY, United States (4E Sports) - The FBI and the Nassau County police are investigating Twitter threats against New York Islanders defenseman Nick Leddy .
The team's security director alerted law enforcement agencies upon learning of the threats.
The Twitter account used for the threats has since been suspended, and the team said Tuesday that Leddy and his family are "safe."
According to a report, among the many posted by the user were Leddy's driver's license and credit card.
Leddy , 23, posted 10 goals and 19 assists in 70 games with the Isles after being traded from the Blackhawks on Oct. 4.
He signed a seven-year, $38.5 million extension on Feb. 24.