- Bruins legend Ray Bourque charged with operating vehicle while under influence of liquor
- Maple Leafs take center Auston Matthews with top pick in 2016 NHL Draft
- Flyers sign defenseman Radko Gudas to 4-year, $13.4M deal
- Las Vegas approved as NHL's 31st franchise, will begin play in 2017-18 season
- Ducks trade netminder Frederik Andersen to Maple Leafs
- Flames hire new head coach, eye quality player in NHL Draft
- Ducks rehire Randy Carlyle as head coach
- Ontario brewery honors veteran hockey star Jaromir Jagr with own beer
- NHL picks Las Vegas as next expansion destination
- Penguins topple Sharks in game six, capture Stanley Cup
- No. 1 pick Connor McDavid impressed with top prospect Auston Matthews
- Goaltender Martin Jones shines as Sharks stay alive with Game 5 win
- Hockey great Gordie Howe dead at 88
- Lightning prioritize signing center Steven Stamkos to new deal
- Sharks coach Pete DeBoer: No major line change for Game 5
- Sharks captain Joe Pavelski stays calm despite struggle in finals
- Canadiens name ex-player Kirk Muller associate coach
- Hurricanes owner Peter Karmanos Jr. sued by 3 sons for defaulting $100M
- Pens rookie Bryan Rust day-to-day with upper-body injury
- Young guns, veterans come through for Penguins
Bruins legend Ray Bourque charged with operating vehicle while under influence of liquor
Sun, 26 Jun 2016 11:51:12 +0000
Andover, MA, United States (NewsBahn) - Boston Bruins legend Ray Bourque was charged with operating under the influence of liquor and with following too closely to another vehicle, police reported Saturday night.
He was driving a Mercedes-Benz GL450 through a construction zone on Route 133 at about 11:30 p.m. when the vehicle struck the rear of a Toyota Sienna minivan, their statement said.
Borque is a beloved sports figure in Boston who went on to win a Stanley Cup while closing out his career with the Colorado Avalanche.
Borque , 55, still does charity work for the Bruins franchise.
He is set to be arraigned in court Monday.