Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canadian Teams Look Good in the East

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4178 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 12:47:11
Right now, the four Canadian teams in the East look very good to make the playoffs.

Last season, only one Canadian team in the East made the playoffs, and that was Ottawa, who snuck in at 8th place.

This year is a different story though. When comparing last season's finish with this season, there have been some big jumps, and none bigger than Montreal, who have gone from last place in the East to 2nd place in the current standings.

Here are the current placings, with last year's finish in brackets:

Montreal: 2nd (15th)
Winnipeg: 3rd (11th)
Ottawa: 5th (8th)
Toronto: 6th (13th)

Granted things could change, and it is noteworthy that Winnipeg and Toronto (who each have 32 points right now) are only two wins above the Rangers who sit in 10th place.

But there's a very good chance all four Canadian teams in the East will make the playoffs, and when you add Vancouver into the mix, maybe a Canadian team will bring home the cup this year! And that hasn't happened in 20 years, when Montreal won the cup in 1993!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page