Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 What are Ottawa's chances

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/10/2013 : 10:16:38
I have heard a lot that the better team lost in the 1st round. I think for long stretches of every game the Hab's looked dominant, but couldn't capitalize on all there chances. There were times the score looked in favor for the Hab's and the play on the ice was so one sided, I wasn't certain the Sen's were going to be able to compete. 3rd period rolls around in 4 of the 5 games and the Hab's look tired and beaten, while leading the game in 3 of 5 games.

I am not saying the Hab's didnt have good chances and bad luck, but if the better team lost, what are Ottawa's chances going forward.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9053 Posted - 05/13/2013 : 05:09:21
I think they'd need Spezza back to be the dark horse... Even if he's not at 100%, the other team would have to respect his ability and put their best D pairing against his line. That would have a trickle down effect for every other line, making them more effective since they'd be playing against lesser opposition.
Guest8606 Posted - 05/12/2013 : 21:37:20
Ottawa could be the dark horse for the cup.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/11/2013 : 12:40:40
I am of the opinion that of the 4 teams you mentioned Ottawa's best chance would be against teams like Pittsburg or Washington. They have played them close all year without a healthy roster and both teams do not have the quality defense or goalies that Ottawa has, albeit if Vokoun steals the starter he has been very steady goalie 5-6 years ago Pittsburg could match Ottawa in the goalie department. I think Ottawa team defense and large hard hitting checkers would cause some mayhem to the Stars of either team.

I am thinking anybody but Boston who Ottawa have a hard time beating, with a wish to avoid Toronto, because of the history they have of beating Ottawa. Would be nice to avenge those losses, but I'd rather see those matchup avoided early as it would be a media frenzy. If Spezza comes back it would be a closer matchup.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Guest9848 Posted - 05/11/2013 : 09:47:38
Ottawa will most likely be playing Pittsburgh unless the Islanders manage to win that series. I think Montreal was a much better match up for Ottawa than Pittsburgh who they would have been playing in the first round had they not beaten Boston in that final game. I don't think they will have much luck against Pittsburgh in this series with Vokoun in net however if Pittsburgh is eliminated then Ottawa could end up playing Washington or Toronto or Boston. If Anderson keeps playing the way he did in round 1 then I think Ottawa has a fairly good chance against any of those teams.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/10/2013 : 13:24:27
Awesome! Think you meant to post this in the loven watchin the Nucks lose topic as other haven't figured out the definition of a clutch goalie. Just teasin, Nucks fans.

OILINONTARIO Posted - 05/10/2013 : 11:59:11
Just heard an interesting fact. Anderson did not allow a single goal post-period 2 in the entire series. Can we return to the definition of "clutch"?

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2014.
Alex116 Posted - 05/10/2013 : 10:36:24
Joshua, i didn't see enough of the series to comment too directly, but the only way the better team lost, is because the team which played better won! I'd have to think it's very rare for a team to deserve to win, yet lose 4-1. If it were a 7 game series, maybe, just maybe you could argue that, but the Sens deserved this series victory for sure.

Moving forward, as always, will depend who they play. After last night, it sure looks to be the Pens doesn't it? Never say never, but i think they'll be in tough. If Anderson can keep them at bay like he's done to the opposition most of the year though, the Sens have a shot! I'm not saying i'd be dropping a ton of hard earned dollars on them, but with the odds you'd prob get, i'd have to have a look at laying down something on Ottawa!

Enjoy the ride!

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page