Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Avery retired?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex116 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 12:32:55
Sean Avery aparently claimed he's retired from the NHL and hockey for that matter. From the link below: On Tuesday's online "After Show" segment of Bravo TV's show, Watch What Happens Live, Avery said he’s retiring from the National Hockey League after 10 seasons.

His agent claims this pending retirement will be decided in the summer as they gauge interest from other teams?

Is this finally the end of arguably the league's biggest pest in the past 10 years?

http://sports.ca.msn.com/top-stories/rangers-forward-sean-avery-retiring-report
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest4377 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 21:26:40
Dictionary definition: Avery

A very (Avery) unsAVERY character.
Shepsky Posted - 03/13/2012 : 16:52:48
Well said FER. Well said

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 03/13/2012 : 16:36:16
Wow, 'force to be reckoned with'?

Every team has a guy like him, an agitator, a thorn in the other team's side, except the others have the skill to keep their jobs as well.

He brought nothing, absolutely nothing, positive to the game. He was an unnecessary distraction, flatulence at the dinner table type of distraction, distasteful and rude.

I read a quick article and he stated something along the lines of, 'I'm retired, I threw my skates in the Hudson', I am just sad he wasn't still wearing them, not to drown, just to shrink his head a bit, so he can actually learn to adapt to the realization that he was a sideshow and is done.

I'm sure there's a tiny car out there somewhere that has room for one more clown to squeeze in to, it's not retirement then, just an appropriate career change.

See ya, don't let the door hit your arse on the way out, as I like to say.
Beans15 Posted - 03/13/2012 : 16:29:27
If he would have brought his a-game every night and kept his crap off the ice he could have been a very good 2nd/3rd line player. The antics were amusing in the early part of his career but one grows tired when the circus show is more of a draw than anything he has done on the ice in the past 3 seasons.

I was once an Avery fan, now I am so bored with him it's, well, boring...
Shepsky Posted - 03/13/2012 : 14:19:25
I don't know if "force to be reckoned with" are the words I would use. I like oil's choice of words better.

Every day is a great day for hockey
-Mario Lemieux
@valanche Posted - 03/13/2012 : 13:19:00
avery changed the game forever... seriously. remember the playoff series against the devils when he screened brodeur by holding his stick in front of his line of vision? they immediately made a rule following the game to get rid of any such action ever happening again.

yah avery is, was, and always will be hated. ya he was a poor sport and not always focused on the game. say what you will about the guy but all i know is when he came to play he was a force to be reckoned with.

66 is > than 99
OILINONTARIO Posted - 03/13/2012 : 12:43:22
I would replace the word 'arguably' with 'definitely', and the word 'pest' with [Admin Edit]. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2013.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page