Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Make my trade

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest9733 Posted - 02/26/2013 : 23:54:20
1 year pool
G, A = 1 point
SHG = +1
Hat trick = +3

I need to trade Stephen Weiss and I don't know who to trade him for. I can only pick up free agents and these are the top from the list.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nuxfan Posted - 03/01/2013 : 09:27:42
quote:
Originally posted by slozo

I'll tell you why:
Because Pacioretty has 16 points, is the team leader in points and second in goals, on one of the hottest teams in the East, currently sitting atop the standings there. It is quite likely Pacioretty's team can't sustain this pace; and quite likely Pacioretty cannot get any hotter than the pace he is on, which is very good.

Kadri though, even before last night's hattrick, has more points playing less minutes on a third line, and is certainly going to be getting more and more minutes. His top end potential IS probably higher - I am just saying potential here, it's all guesses at this point as I am well aware he hasn't one full season under his belt. Still, his emergence this season is unmistakable, and we all have to completely upgrade our thinking on this player (I myself had given up on him as a prospect, kicking myself now for not picking him up in the final rounds).

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug

No doubt MTL cannot sustain their current pace. That is why I take some comfort in the fact that Pacioretty has proven that he can score on teams that suck - such as getting 33g and 65 points last year despite MTL finishing dead last in the east. Proven performer, even in dire times. Where was Kadri when TOR collapsed at the end of the year? Collecting 3 points from January onwards in 15 odd appearances.

I'm going to agree with you that Kadri has emerged this year, certainly beyond anyone's expectations (I recall I mentioned him as a "throw-in" back in the fall in regards to a Luongo trade ).
I guess my ultimate question is - what makes you think that Kadri's potential is so much higher than Pacioretty? Other than the fact that you are a Leafs fan of course...

- Both have been in the NHL for 3 years (Pacioretty full time, Kadri part time)
- both are young and play on young teams.
- Both play on lines that are not as good as them (despite Pacioretty playing on the "top line" in MTL, he is not getting propped up by a big-time top centre), both are probably The Thing that makes their lines produce.
- both get PP time.

If anything, I think the potential for both is... about the same. I see no reason to think that either player is going to emerge into anything greater than a PPG player at any point in their careers. I think Pacioretty is closer to that now, therefore his potential is closer to being realized. Kadri still has a way to go, and until he can have a successful full season I'm not fully sold on him.
Alex116 Posted - 03/01/2013 : 08:12:23
Slozo....
I picked Pacioretty, albeit only slightly (gave props to Kadri and what he's done / is doing). But, you're reasoning is a little skewed in Kadri's favour. Firstly, how do we know that Pacioretty can't keep up this pace regardless of what the Habs do? He doesn't even need to get "hotter", just maintain this pace. You say it's unlikely, yet imply it's likely that Kadri will either continue on the pace he's on, or with more minutes perhaps increase his pace. You also point out that his potential IS higher? Quite the praise for a guy you admittedly had pretty much written off a month and a half ago.

Also, to say Kadri "even before last night's hattrick, has more points playing less minutes on a third line" is totally skewed. Before last night, he had 18 points in 21 games. Yes, you're right, it's more than Pacioretty's 16 points, however, Patches has played just 16 games. The Habs have played few games and Patches missed a few with that apendectomy. Keep in mind as well, the Habs, as has been reported, are rolling 4 lines consistently. Patches and Kadri are playing very similar minutes. I completely agree that Kadri will see more ice time moving forward, but with Lupul and Frattin coming back, there's more of a battle for top 6 minutes as well. Who knows, these guys may help him too, but it's all just a guess at this point. Then, what happens if the Habs get some injury trouble? Would Patches' ice time possibly increase?

Not trying to argue here, as i pointed out, i gave props to Kadri and this really could amount to a coin toss for this year, but let's face it, both are playing just north of 15 mins a game and are at or close to a PPG pace currently.

Kadri 21 points in 22 games with 15:08 avg/toi
Patches 16 pts in 16 games with 15:38 avg/toi

If the OP needs help, barring injury, the difference between these two is very minimal so he should go with his heart! If he's a Leaf fan, take Kadri. If he's like the rest of us who cheer for anyone playing the Leafs, go with Pacioretty.
n/a Posted - 03/01/2013 : 06:03:21
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

even if it was a keeper pool, I think I'd take Pacioretty - he's only 2 years older than Kadri. I don't think there is any more upside to Kadri vs Pacioretty, both can score, both are playing top-6 and getting PP time.

The difference for me is that Pacioretty is a proven commodity, while Kadri is not. Kadri is showing signs that he can produce at the NHL level, but he's only been doing that for 15 games or so. Pacioretty has a 65 point season under his belt, and is enroute for a pro-rated 80 points this season. If it will cost you the same to get either one, why would you not go with the proven over the risk?

I'll tell you why:
Because Pacioretty has 16 points, is the team leader in points and second in goals, on one of the hottest teams in the East, currently sitting atop the standings there. It is quite likely Pacioretty's team can't sustain this pace; and quite likely Pacioretty cannot get any hotter than the pace he is on, which is very good.

Kadri though, even before last night's hattrick, has more points playing less minutes on a third line, and is certainly going to be getting more and more minutes. His top end potential IS probably higher - I am just saying potential here, it's all guesses at this point as I am well aware he hasn't one full season under his belt. Still, his emergence this season is unmistakable, and we all have to completely upgrade our thinking on this player (I myself had given up on him as a prospect, kicking myself now for not picking him up in the final rounds).

nuxfan Posted - 02/28/2013 : 09:51:17
even if it was a keeper pool, I think I'd take Pacioretty - he's only 2 years older than Kadri. I don't think there is any more upside to Kadri vs Pacioretty, both can score, both are playing top-6 and getting PP time.

The difference for me is that Pacioretty is a proven commodity, while Kadri is not. Kadri is showing signs that he can produce at the NHL level, but he's only been doing that for 15 games or so. Pacioretty has a 65 point season under his belt, and is enroute for a pro-rated 80 points this season. If it will cost you the same to get either one, why would you not go with the proven over the risk?
Alex116 Posted - 02/28/2013 : 07:53:52
If i'd seen this a week or two ago, i'd have said Ladd or Kadri. However, i'm sold on Pacioretty now. This guy just keeps putting up the points! My thought on Ladd is the fact he's getting top line minutes, PP time, etc but Pacioretty seems to be doing the same in Montreal and performing well!

If it were a keeper pool, i like what Kadri has shown but for a one year, i think i'd go with Patches. Can't go wrong with either i suppose as they'll prob end up a few points from each other at the rate they're going.
n/a Posted - 02/28/2013 : 07:05:14
For me it's a tough call between Kadri and Pacioretty, but I gave the slightest of edges to Kadri as his ceiling is probably higher, and he's getting better and better.

Guest4260 Posted - 02/27/2013 : 05:21:11
Schenn or Pac
Guest9848 Posted - 02/27/2013 : 04:27:26
you should ignore anyone who answers Clarkson

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page