Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Playoff Matchups

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest4178 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 13:07:39
I know the playoffs are still six weeks away, but in looking at the top four teams in each conference, here are my dream match-ups for each conference:

EAST

Pittsburgh - Philadelphia
Montreal - Toronto
Winnipeg - Ottawa
Boston - New York Rangers

I know the Rangers and Flyers are sitting outside a playoff spot right now, but I'm hoping they surpass Carolina and New Jersey.

WEST

Chicago - Vancouver
Anaheim - San Jose
Minnesota - Detroit
St. Louis - Los Angeles

Some of these matchups are so close (geographically), they could take a train back and forth. (They won't.) And while the Western matchups would be very good (especially the Hawks-Canucks), I would love to see the Penguins play the Flyers again. And how about the Leafs-Habs? When is the last time these two teams met in the playoffs?
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 03/21/2013 : 13:14:25
Looking at the Eastern Conference matchup suggested I like the matchups. Montreal vs Toronto would be a CBC dream matchup, Pittsburg vs Philly would be a good matchup for NBC with either team coming out of that series the loser the next round due to being depleted from injuries, same with the New York vs Boston series and the remaining Ottawa vs Winnipeg series would be fun to watch as a Sens fan, being that Ottawa has the best chance against Winnipeg of the Eastern conference teams currently in a playoff position.

Out west Chicago vs Vancouver would be a great repeat matchup with Chicago having the advantage and the Canucks with a shot at vengence, Anaheim would walk all over San Jose, Minnesota might have a chance against this years Wings and St Louis vs LA would be a good goaltender showdown which could go either way.
Leafs81 Posted - 03/21/2013 : 11:47:09
Well being a Leafs fan my dream serie in all that would of course be Habs vs Leafs. for three reasons

1. A rivalry I never experienced during playoffs
2. Toronto actually making the playoffs
3. I think this would be the team Toronto COULD actually beat in a 7 game series.
markliso Posted - 03/20/2013 : 03:22:54
Also, if Edmonton were to squeek through into 8th place and Chicago was still #1, that sure would be an interesting series. Given the history the last two seasons, I think it would be a great pure hockey series and would showcase some awesome talent for a first round!

I would like to see LA and Vancouver go at it again in the first round... Maybe see if the canucks put up a fight this time.
markliso Posted - 03/20/2013 : 03:20:34
quote:
Originally posted by umteman

The best match up that could occur this season is Pittsburgh vs. Chicago in the final series. The two top first lines in the league this season head to head for the cup.

Agreed! Although, Anaheim sure is firing on all cylinders (more of what we all expected last year!) but I totally agree, at this stage in the season, it would be awesome to see Chicago and Pittsburgh at the end.

I, of course would love to see my oilers back in the finals, but I will remain realistic!
umteman Posted - 03/19/2013 : 07:29:31
The best match up that could occur this season is Pittsburgh vs. Chicago in the final series. The two top first lines in the league this season head to head for the cup.

Did you hear about the retired proctologist? He spent 40 years saying "what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?"
Alex116 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 16:21:40
Well, let's not forget that the Hawks haven't clinched 1st yet and could be caught by the Ducks? So, a Chi(2) vs Van(7) is maybe more likely than a 1 vs 8? Regardless, i don't share your optimism and think the Hawks would take them in 5. The Canucks have a terrible excuse for a 2nd line right now and unless one of their goalies stepped up an stole a couple games, i don't think they'd be able to accomplish much vs a team like Chicago, who's playing as well as they are.

Who knows, there's still 5 weeks of reg season to go though? Maybe Kesler comes back and plays like he did in that series vs Nashville a couple seasons ago? Maybe one of Schneider or Luongo gets "Jonathan Quick / Tim Thomas HOT" at the right time? Gotta play the games still.

At this point though, i'd be gambling my money on Minny getting the division title and 3 seed. They've looked really good lately and Suter has settled in on the blueline and looks really good!
Guest4178 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 14:29:07
Hey Alex – I think the Canucks would give the Hawks a pretty good go! The the two teams are one win apiece this season (both games shootouts), and the playoffs are a different ball game. (Or should I say hockey game?)

I think the Canucks will likely avoid the Hawks in the first round though. The top team in the Pacific Division will most likely be Minnesota or Vancouver, and my money is on the Canucks. Even if they finish behind the Wild, it's very unlikely they will end up 8th in the Western Conference. (And I'm pretty sure the Hawks will be first in the West.)

But you have to admit, a Hawks-Canucks playoff series would be a great hockey series! Maybe 2nd round?
Alex116 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 14:06:07
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4178

I know the playoffs are still six weeks away, but in looking at the top four teams in each conference, here are my dream match-ups for each conference:

EAST

Montreal - Toronto
Winnipeg - Ottawa

I know the Rangers and Flyers are sitting outside a playoff spot right now, but I'm hoping they surpass Carolina and New Jersey.

WEST

Chicago - Vancouver
Anaheim - San Jose
Minnesota - Detroit
St. Louis - Los Angeles

Some of these matchups are so close (geographically), they could take a train back and forth. (They won't.) And while the Western matchups would be very good (especially the Hawks-Canucks), I would love to see the Penguins play the Flyers again. And how about the Leafs-Habs? When is the last time these two teams met in the playoffs?

Sir, you are a cruel individual.
Guest4209 Posted - 03/18/2013 : 13:47:42
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4178

EAST

Montreal - Toronto
Winnipeg - Ottawa

WEST

Chicago - Vancouver
Anaheim - San Jose
Minnesota - Detroit
St. Louis - Los Angeles

Well first the Leafs have to make the playoffs. That hasn't happened since the turn of the millenium or at least it feels like it.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page