|T O P I C R E V I E W
||Posted - 11/08/2013 : 21:05:30
So, i'm watching Sportsnet Pacific tonight and they have on a "Big Book Of Sports Lists" segments, featuring one with "worst uniforms in sports". This isn't just hockey, however, hockey did feature into the top 5 with 2 entries of the 5!!! Here's the top....errr bottom 5! Lol.
5. Pittsburgh Pirates 1976-86.....had those mostly yellow outfits with the black hats with yellow pinstripes going around them in a circular fashion. Not to mention, the strange round shape of them which was described as a "painters cap".
4. NYI 1995-97....the one I refer to as "Captain Highliner". They referenced "I know what you did last summer". Yeah, that one!
3. Manchester United (alternate) 1995 - It was nicknamed "The Invisible Kit" because players complained they couldn't see each other on the field thanks to the two tone grey it sported. The best part is, this uni lasted for one half of a game when the team decided to change it during the break!!! Awesome!
2. Vancouver Canucks 1978-85 - How did this not land at #1? The so called "Flying V"? So awful that many fans wanna see it brought back for a game. Oh my.... "Reminicent of a graduation gown". Lol. A sports writer of the era said "The Canucks were #15 in the standings, and #1 on your retina"!!!
1. Chicago White Sox 1976 - SHORTS??? OH, now I get why the Canucks weren't #1. They wore shorts!!! "Only worn for 1/2 of a double header, this outfit was still worn way too often"! Lol.
I have to say, as much as the Captain Highliner one was bad, it wasn't nearly as bad as the LA "Burger" Kings one! Man, that was bad.
|2 L A T E S T R E P L I E S (Newest First)
||Posted - 11/13/2013 : 15:22:39
That turd yellow (if you have kids, you know what I'm talkin' about) jersey from Nashville . . . a town specialising in music, and failing in art. Ugh!!! That was one that gave the old Canuck jersey a run for its money. Definitely a top 5er from the NHL IMHO.
"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
||Posted - 11/12/2013 : 11:03:44
I think they missed a few from hockey that could have been in the top 5:
The Mustered Tiger from the Preds
Anything with Cooperalls
1 from Baseball the 80's Astros.
1 from Basketball the Sonics green from the early 90's
And finally one of the worse jerseys I have ever seen the Steelers Bumble Bee from last season