Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Pacioretty for E. Kane

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pasty7 Posted - 11/27/2013 : 16:34:11
Recently Insider tradeing on TSN suggested the habs and Jets were both not shopping their power forwards but were in fact listening to offers. I was thinking why not a straight up swap?

The habs need a more physical power forward type player, and the jets have always seemed to have a rockey relationship with Kane.

Pacioretty is under contract untill the 2018-2019 season
E.Kane is under contract untill 2017-2018.

Pacioretty is 6ft 2 219 lbs and 25 years old
Kane is 6ft 2 200lbs and 22 years old.

Pacioretty has 162 pts in 261 games
Kane has 173 pts in 285 games

Pacioretty's cap hit is 4.5 Million
Kane's cap hit is 5.25 Million

I think Kane being a bit younger and with maybe a higher ceiling makes him slightly more valuable than Pacioretty but at the same time Pacioretty has a more cap friendly contract for a longer period of time.

As a habs fan i would be wary of this trade given Kane's history as a party guy, montreal and young millionaires hasn't always been the best mix but at the same time I think from a habs stand point i would make this deal.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Pasty7 Posted - 11/28/2013 : 09:19:34
I agree 100% slozo, the habs could deffinetly use a true power forward, as you said Pacioretty it much to passive and dosen`t always use his size to his advantage. Thats not to say Pacioretty is a bad player, he is a good leader in the room and he has proven he is a 30, 30 player and not very many 30 30 players are Under contract for the longterm at a cap hot South of 5 million.

If Kane is having a falling out in Winnepeg the I think Pacioretty and Kane are close enough oin value that the habs would not have to throw in a major pieace with Pacioretty to make this trade. Say Patches and a 3rd or maybe a 2nd for Kane?

The oilers would be a great fit for KAne though so if Kane is on the market i`m sure there would be no shortage of offers on the table.

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
n/a Posted - 11/28/2013 : 05:22:13
They are not the same player, in my mind . . . Evander KANE is a tough customer/physical player with more goalscoring upside. I would argue that with Pacioretty, we have already seen his high end, and he's had one very serious injury already - and he's only a mild physical presence. They are close, but . . . Evander probably gets more in return, just because of age and upside, I think.

Don't see this trade happening.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Guest0284 Posted - 11/28/2013 : 05:03:23
don,t listen to a canuck fan they no nothing about hockey.good trade for both players and teams
Guest4640 Posted - 11/28/2013 : 02:28:24
and PK in montreal doesn"t party ????????
nuxfan Posted - 11/27/2013 : 21:15:03
why would either team do this trade? You don't trade away a player just to get the exact same player in return. Both teams have other needs, I would think if either of those players were to get moved it would be for some other piece.

Party animal or not, I would like to see Kane back in Vancouver (played his junior here with the Giants), he would be a great addition and would add some much needed youth and scoring.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page