Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Paul McLean fired

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
just1n Posted - 12/08/2014 : 11:06:25
The Senators have fired their coach. First firing of the year... seems like Ottawa goes through coaches faster than any other team eh?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12/10/2014 : 08:52:42
Weird firing to say the least. Must be politics, and from what I understand . . . the inmates are running the asylum in Ottawa.

I am looking at this team to nosedive now . . . which would be ironic, considering they were far from out of it in a weak conference.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 12/08/2014 : 13:09:22
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

what about Edmonton?

What about a few other teams. His comment must be about the prior short term coaches not currently holding down head coaching jobs from Ottawa.

Maclean was a great coach, but maybe this was more about politics, personal reasons or diving for a draft pick rather than his coaching skills. He was taking a team short of serious talent when compared to other complete teams outside of Ryan, Karlson and Anderson, and performing beyond expectations. The young talent is developing extremely well and this is not a fire sale team, which is fighting for playoff position in a very tough division. I think Maclean must have pissed someone off in Management or Melnyk to be fired at this point of the season. Either that or he is overperforming and the team truly wants to drive for draft picks.
mandree888 Posted - 12/08/2014 : 11:48:00
what about Edmonton?

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page