Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Brodeur - now what?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
just1n Posted - 01/07/2015 : 09:29:25
Now that Brian Elliott is back from injury in St. Louis, are the Blue going to keep 3 goalies around? Are they rotating them all? Or will Brodeur be traded?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markliso Posted - 01/09/2015 : 18:31:41
I would never want a legend like Brodeur to end his career in Edmonton (in the current state it is in). He deserves better.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/09/2015 : 15:25:55
Imagine Hall of Fame Brodeur coming in and laying a stinker in Edmonton, ending the finaly years of his career with stats similar to Fasth and Schrivens. Not the ending to the career I think Brodeur is looking for. If Brodeur was a few years younger or at least playing like it, I'd be onboard. I don't think Brodeur is still the goalie who can come in and be the difference between a 21.95% winning record team and a 50-60% winning record they would need to compete. If it happened, I would gladly eat crow, show up for a game and cheer. The difference between his career records and what would happen in Edmonton would be a lot to do with the team in front of him. For the majority of his career, he played with a shutdown good possession team, but I am not taking away from his talent level which "was" top end.
Ripley Posted - 01/09/2015 : 13:54:47
What about the Edmonton Oilers? Their goaltending is effectively non-existent. Neither Fasth or Scrivens is a 1st stringer by any stretch of the imagination. Brodeur could come in and offer that team the leadership and winning experience it desperately needs - just calm s*** down - while still at least not being worse in net than they already are. In fact the potential upside on his performance would be tremendous. At $700,000 a year he could replace Scrivens who makes $625,000.
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 01/09/2015 : 13:22:08
I'd like to see Brodeur just retire, but if he doesn't want to retire, hopefully they will trade him. But I don't see a team in which he would come in a definitely be the number 1 right now and I cant think of a team in which having him would improve there position. His save % and goals against at 56th in the NHL right now, right behind St Louis's backup Jake Allen and far behind Elliot. Ending a Hall of fame career as a mediocre third stringer doesn't do anything good for his legacy. If he can't play good enough to be a number 1, I rather just see him retire and preserve his legacy.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page