Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 How long should the stanley cup be?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Guest0844 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:03:05
Do you think the stanley cup should be a 7 game series like it is now or just one game like in the NFL or CFL?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saku Steen Posted - 03/16/2007 : 06:58:23
[quote]Originally posted by Guest6916

The question and answer options make no sense.
[/quote/]

It means how the the series should be, not literly how long it should be in length.
Guest6916 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 17:50:32
The question and answer options make no sense.
Beans15 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 16:54:05
I think the NHL should back off the regular season to 70 games. Then, put 10 teams from each side in the play offs. 1st and 2nd seeds get bye's in the first round (no division leaders) and the first round is best out of 5 games. That would bring 4 more teams into the playoffs and give, at the most, 10 days break for the 1st and 2nd seeds. Then every series after that would be 7 games after that.

Going to a one and out would be goofy.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:43:50
I see what you mean, i think maybe some people think the answer is no cause they dont want it to be like the NFL or VFL

CANUCKS RULE!!!
PENSFAN8771 Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:41:05
How are the choices yes or no? It's not a yes or no question. I think most people on these forums can agree on a series, but many were confused by the question, hence the 6-4 vote totals.

There are no stupid questions, only inquisitive idiots.
Mikhailova Posted - 03/15/2007 : 13:03:41
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0844

How long should the stanley cup be?

About 36 inches. Hahahaha

(Or however long it is, I don't know exactly I just guessed about 3 feet)
bablaboushka Posted - 03/15/2007 : 09:23:09
This would make the regular season completely useless. Anyone can beat anyone on any given night meaning that the Stanley Cup wouldn't go to the most deserving team, it would go to the most deserving team of that week, regardless of regular season success.

The NHL is not like college basketball in that different teams don't have substantial funding differences, different admission requirements or different living regimens, etc. This makes the seeding from 1 to 16 logical because the #1 rank always has a great advantage over #16. The NHL doesn't have anything near that talent gap.
Novie Posted - 03/15/2007 : 05:45:31
One-and-done would create more upsets though...I still hate the idea, but look at March Madness or the World Cup....much tougher to pick a winner when they could be gone in the first round.

Go Sens
Crosby is God
Tucker is a douche
Saku Steen Posted - 03/15/2007 : 04:48:10
It should stay a series. There would be no intensity with one game.
Canucks Man Posted - 03/14/2007 : 23:14:10
Wow dumb poll, the stanley cup finals should be a seris, who wants to be more like the americans?

CANUCKS RULE!!!
ED11 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:32:51
I don't think that making the stanley cup final a one game thing would get people to watch more. I personally find it a lot better to have a series. This way the winner deserves to win! Well, in most cases anyway. But it eliminates "fluke" wins. Not to mention the excitment of a game 7 final!
Guest0844 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:28:51
I think it depends on if you like the teams or not. If you do it's awsome and intrestingk, but if you don't like the teams watching two teams you hate (calgary vs tampa) was boring. It's also great because in a seven game series you have a better chance of maiking a comeback.
But i can't say one game is a bad idea because look at the nfl how watched it is.
tctitans Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:24:19
I wont even vote. I'm sorry, dumb question. No offense.
Buddyno2000 Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:18:04
If you ask me its find the way it is right now. Every time you get to see a final series going in 7 it's something to remember. Not even close to the Superbowl but hey nothing can beat the Superbowl

Go leafs Go by the way
Patchy Posted - 03/14/2007 : 22:15:24
That would be stupid. No...just no...

~~Go Leafs Go~~

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page