Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Best shutdown duo or line?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PainTrain Posted - 04/12/2007 : 20:11:40
Who do you think is the best shutdown duo or line in the NHL today?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest9666 Posted - 05/01/2007 : 08:14:29
sami pahlson's line
Beans15 Posted - 04/13/2007 : 07:28:03
There are many great shutdown guys that are missing from this list. I don't think I would put anyone on this list ahead of Pronger and Neidermayer on the PK or Lidstrom and Schneider in any situation.

Volchenkov and Phillips are about the best on this list.
Saku Steen Posted - 04/13/2007 : 03:51:20
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

I think the Chris Phillips and Anton Volchenkov is the best in the NHL, they seem to get it done every night.

Both players are very under rated. They dont do flashy stuff but get there job down night in and night out.

Viktor Kozlov is also my hero!!!
Guest4086 Posted - 04/13/2007 : 00:43:15
I'm going to be a homer and throw some more love to the West and say Mitchell/Bieksa. Nucks are in the top 10 along with SJ too haha.
PainTrain Posted - 04/12/2007 : 21:21:58
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka
[br

For other, I think the Marcel Goc-Curtis Brown-Mike Grier line for SJ deserves some serious props (always gotta throw in the Sharks point of vue ). SJ finished with the 6th-lowest GAA in the NHL and these guys are amazing penalty-killers. I love that the Sharks are on TV regularly now, you can all see what I'm talking about

I totally forgot about Macel Goc-Curtis Brown-Mike Grier line, those 3 are really good together.
bablaboushka Posted - 04/12/2007 : 21:00:12
Volchenkov is a magical shut-down D man. Always at the top of the league in blocked shots and usually hits too, this guy is not easy to beat.

For other, I think the Marcel Goc-Curtis Brown-Mike Grier line for SJ deserves some serious props (always gotta throw in the Sharks point of vue ). SJ finished with the 6th-lowest GAA in the NHL and these guys are amazing penalty-killers. I love that the Sharks are on TV regularly now, you can all see what I'm talking about
-oil-country- Posted - 04/12/2007 : 20:14:27
I agree Pain Train they are an amazing shut-down pair and both got 4-year deals smart move by Ottawa.
PainTrain Posted - 04/12/2007 : 20:13:00
I think the Chris Phillips and Anton Volchenkov is the best in the NHL, they seem to get it done every night.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page