Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Greatest Goaltender of All-Time

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Devils Fanatic Posted - 12/06/2007 : 12:43:25
Since the NHL is 90 years old now, who do you think is the greatest goaltender of all-time?

Martin Brodeur ~ 913 GP | 505 W | 273 L| 120 T| 2.21 GAA| 94 SO
2007-2008 ~ 22 GP | 11 W | 10 L | 1 OTL |2.31 GAA |.910 SV%|2 SO
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest6840 Posted - 06/09/2010 : 17:40:38
best should be over career is Brodeur
2nd Hasek
3rd Roy
Guest4952 Posted - 06/06/2010 : 21:39:46
Back to my nomination of hasek. First of all this is a classic debate and as someone said earlier its clearly a matter of opinion, and not a slight on any of the other great goalies. I can see the case for Roy and admit his playoff record and performances were outstanding (for the most part).

But to me when hasek went head to head with Roy and Brodeur in their respective primes, he won all of the vezinas. This is not a what if argument, this is my opinion of their respective dominance in their prime. Roys cup runs are outstanding indeed, but the stanley Cup is a team effort, altho, clearly Roy was the single biggest factor. So i appreciate that, they are a part of his greatness. But when I watched Hasek in his prime, his level was consistently more dominant than Roys.

The point about other greats dominating the vezina surely has to be mitigated, at least in part, by the fact that there were only 6 teams at that time. Not to take anything away from their greatness, but it seems difficult to suggest that winning 6 of 8 in Hasek's era isnt more impressive. Coupled with two Hart trophies, puts him over the edge in my opinion. (also note that he was injured for much the 2000 season)

As for the Habs teams, I take nothing away from saying that Roy was the difference, but as an aside the 86 wasnt that bad, especially as there really werent great teams in the east. and the 1993 cup run, the habs had a reasonably favorable route. Yes I agree that all you can do is ask to beat who you play, but when the islanders knocked off the Pens, it kinda blew the field wide open.

Also look at those Sabres teams. You just cant tell me that they were anywhere nearly as good as either of the habs cup teams.
Again, thats not really the basis for my point. My opinion is that regardless of the what ifs, noone dominated like Hasek.
irvine Posted - 06/04/2010 : 18:59:10
Sigh... I get so tired of hearing about goaltenders having a 'strong team' in front of them, which is why they were so successful.

Sure, we can factor in the defensive team in front of a goaltender for some of said goaltenders success. Fair enough.

But, when we look at a guy like Martin Brodeur (for an example), please tell me how it is he has achieved this great success, every single year, since entering the NHL? Meanwhile, his defensive core has changed over these years? While only one factor remains the same (just one constant), that is Martin Brodeur himself.

"Oh, this goaltender was only good because he had Scott Stevens and Scott Neidermayer in front of him!" -- Okay, sure. I'll give you some credit for that. But, where has Neids & Stevens been the past 5 years? Not in front of Marty.

Yet, Marty has been setting records over the past five years, that most NHL goaltenders only dream of ever coming near. Let alone, breaking them.

PLEASE, stop all this "He's only good because of the teams in front of him." Give credit, where credit is due.

Martin Brodeur is the greatest all-time, in my personal opinion. And by the time he retires, the record books will be his to match it.

Patrick Roy is a close second.

Irvine/prez.
Deaner Posted - 06/04/2010 : 15:43:31
Marty hands down.
Guest4988 Posted - 01/20/2010 : 20:47:24
I admit that Brodeur & Roy deserve to be mentioned among the greatest, but there are several goalies from earlier years that were fantastic too. They include Glenn Hall who was terrific and played in over 500 straight games. Others in no particular order were Jacques Plante, Bernie Parent, Tony Esposito, Rogie Vachon, George Vezina, Ed Giacomin, Bill Durnan, Johnny Bower, Turk Broda, Frank Brimsek, Gerry Cheevers, George Hainsworth, Terry Sawchuk, etc., etc., etc. I wanted to mention a few of these guys because they deserve a bit of recognition too.
To TBAR: Eddie Belfour did NOT play on weak Chicago teams. In 1991, they had the NHL's best record when he won Rookie of the Year and in 1992, they went to the Stanley Cup final. In the other years while he was there, they were always a contending team.
One other note, nothing against Tretiak and I know that he was great against Team Canada in 1972, but he also had an outstanding team in front of him for many years. So if part of the measurement for greatness is not having a strong team in front of you, then he'll have to lose some points, in my opinion.
Guest6414 Posted - 01/16/2010 : 09:54:19
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4820

quote:
Originally posted by rross

quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

[quote]Originally posted by Alex

He patented the butterfly and turned the goalie position into a much more glorified position. He got Quebec excited. In fact, it's safe to say Brodeur owes kudos to Roy.

Think about it. All the scoring greats came before Roy. After him, goaltending was a science. Before him, the goalie let in a lot of goals. With a few excpetions, all the focus was on the regular skaters. In comes Roy and in his first season becomes a Montreal great. I have more to say, but I'm saving it for a later rebuttal which I'm sure I will see the need to present.

Habs get number 25 this year

How could he patent butterfly, he wasn't the first butterfly goalie.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

No, he wasn't the first butterfly goalie, but he was the first to be efficient at it. He revolutionized the style which many goalie's after him have tried to emulate, and even improved on. ie. butterfly shuffle. So Patrick opened the door for the evolution of the goalie position.

Go Habs Go!!

Uh, Roy was not the first goalie to be efficient with the Butterfly. Glenn Hall was.

Glenn hall has the modern equivalent of 7 Vezina Trophies, and 2nd for 4 more.

Uh, yes Roy was the first to be efficient at it. Glenn Hall was nowhere close to the efficiency Roy had brought to the butterfly style...sorry, it's just how the position has changed over the years. Nothing against Glenn Hall, but he didn't have goalie coaches, and video etc. etc. I can go on but i think i've made my point.
In addition, his study of the position has opened the door to the way goaltending has been broken down into a proficient art.
Leafs81 Posted - 01/16/2010 : 07:14:20
quote:
Originally posted by shazariahl

I'd probably say the Dominator was the best, at the top of his game. The Sabbers had a 3 season stretch where they gave up more shots than any other team in the league, and yet Hasek led the league in save % those same 3 seasons. Conversely, the Devils gave up less shots than any other team in the league. I think career wise, Roy and Brodeur both rate above him, but that's also partly an age issue - if Hasek had been playing here since he was 20, his career would look much stronger.

Fact is though, that during his prime he was better than Roy or Brodeur.

What he said and add Jacques Plante for being innovative.
Guest2218 Posted - 01/14/2010 : 09:54:43
I like both Roy and Brodeur, but my vote goes to Roy for one reason: his three Conn Smythe trophies. Brodeur played great in playoffs, he won three Stanley Cups and an Olympics. Roy won four Stanley Cups, so let's call that even. But Roy's three Conn Smythe's say that he was the best of the best while winning the championship.

BTW, to whoever posted "But I would argue that in a playoff series in the 80's nobody bet against a Fuhr team". While that may technically be true, the reason for that wasn't because of Fuhr. It was because of the Oilers !!
Guest9124 Posted - 01/14/2010 : 09:04:29
If I had 1 game to win, I'd choose Patrick Roy (confidence/passion) and if I had a full season to play, I'd choose Martin Brodeur (consistency/all-around play)
Guest9774 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 11:38:05
i hate oldies so brodeur
Guest6367 Posted - 06/04/2009 : 15:23:35
GRANT FUHR has to be on this list, if tretiak played in the NHL he would be too
Guest4820 Posted - 06/04/2009 : 14:15:03
quote:
Originally posted by rross

quote:

He patented the butterfly and turned the goalie position into a much more glorified position. He got Quebec excited. In fact, it's safe to say Brodeur owes kudos to Roy.

Think about it. All the scoring greats came before Roy. After him, goaltending was a science. Before him, the goalie let in a lot of goals. With a few excpetions, all the focus was on the regular skaters. In comes Roy and in his first season becomes a Montreal great. I have more to say, but I'm saving it for a later rebuttal which I'm sure I will see the need to present.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

No, he wasn't the first butterfly goalie, but he was the first to be efficient at it. He revolutionized the style which many goalie's after him have tried to emulate, and even improved on. ie. butterfly shuffle. So Patrick opened the door for the evolution of the goalie position.

Go Habs Go!!

Uh, Roy was not the first goalie to be efficient with the Butterfly. Glenn Hall was.

Glenn hall has the modern equivalent of 7 Vezina Trophies, and 2nd for 4 more.
Guest2265 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 14:18:29
The greatest goalie of all time is Patrick Roy 4 stanley cups 3 con smyths and a 551 win and the most wins in the playoffs. so he is the best.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 12:27:29
Simple answer to this question.....too many answers!!

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
Odin Posted - 05/19/2009 : 10:40:32
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Hey Odin have you ever been to a game when you favorite team was playing against Belfour, Coju or Fuhr in the playoffs!! How about did your team ever ride one of these goalies in the playoffs!! I had the pleasure to see all of these goalies live in the playoffs with/or against my team at the time. All considered clutch playoff goalies with exceptional regular season records.

Belfour would get jeered all game long by the crowd and leave the game with a smile on his face as he beat a team in their building, even with all that pressure. (Never a hero for my team, always the prick)

Cujo stood on his head for his first 10+ season's in St Louis, Edmonton, Toronto, Detroit. Spent his last few years playing on less than stellar teams or behind a younger up and coming goalies. Do remember him almost stealing that series from Dallas his last year in Edmonton. After that Edmonton could not sign him no-matter what they offered. NHL wanted him in a bigger market. Last year he played backup to Kipper in the playoffs. Kipper, as usual, pooped the bed. Cujo comes in a game 3 goals down and is rock solid for the come behind win against San Jose. Classic Cujo!

Im not arguing with you with regards to Fuhrs goals against average for most of his career. But I would argue that in a playoff series in the 80's nobody bet against a Fuhr team. Really didn't play for team's that would highlight his goals against average. Do your remember the tandum of Fuhr and Hasek in Buffalo, Haseks rookie season. I believe lowest goals against average in the league went to Fuhr-Hasek.

I'm not saying they aren't good, and didn't have their runs, of course they did. I'm jut saying overall in thier careers, the are a tier below Roy and Brodeur. It IS unfortunate that Tretiak didn't have a chance, that would have been fun. Dryden's career was too short, but based in the numbers he DID put up, it would be silly to dismiss him, and Hasek does have some serious credentials too.
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/19/2009 : 10:21:59
As much as I like Fuhr, Belfour and Cujo (All wore Blue & White :D)...you can't say no to Brodeur, Roy or Tretiak. Tretiak would have pushed 600 wins if he was in the NHL. Too bad for the cold war, we would have seen some amazing hockey back then

"Most people spend time and energy going around problems, rather than trying to solve them" - Henry Ford
JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/19/2009 : 10:10:17
Hey Odin have you ever been to a game when you favorite team was playing against Belfour, Coju or Fuhr in the playoffs!! How about did your team ever ride one of these goalies in the playoffs!! I had the pleasure to see all of these goalies live in the playoffs with/or against my team at the time. All considered clutch playoff goalies with exceptional regular season records.

Belfour would get jeered all game long by the crowd and leave the game with a smile on his face as he beat a team in their building, even with all that pressure. (Never a hero for my team, always the prick)

Cujo stood on his head for his first 10+ season's in St Louis, Edmonton, Toronto, Detroit. Spent his last few years playing on less than stellar teams or behind a younger up and coming goalies. Do remember him almost stealing that series from Dallas his last year in Edmonton. After that Edmonton could not sign him no-matter what they offered. NHL wanted him in a bigger market. Last year he played backup to Kipper in the playoffs. Kipper, as usual, pooped the bed. Cujo comes in a game 3 goals down and is rock solid for the come behind win against San Jose. Classic Cujo!

Im not arguing with you with regards to Fuhrs goals against average for most of his career. But I would argue that in a playoff series in the 80's nobody bet against a Fuhr team. Really didn't play for team's that would highlight his goals against average. Do your remember the tandum of Fuhr and Hasek in Buffalo, Haseks rookie season. I believe lowest goals against average in the league went to Fuhr-Hasek.
andyhack Posted - 05/14/2009 : 07:20:35
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4652

Dryden. His save % is way up there, even if he only faced like 7 shots a game it seemed. Short career by choice. Stanley Cup winner, Summit Series winner. Winner period.

This is the reason why I feel Kenny D is a great candidate for the most overrated superstar ever.

It's easy to be seduced by those numbers.

Yes, a fine career, but his numbers are grossly misleading given that he played on a tremendous team with Robinson/Savard/Lapointe in front of him, and some great defensive forwards too (Gainey in particular).

I actually think that it's not unreasonable to say that he isn't even in the top ten goalies of all time, let alone the greatest.
Odin Posted - 05/12/2009 : 10:41:31
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

take out brodeur and roy

roy is NOT the best goalie ever. excuse my language

HES A p****

ok he won 2 cups with the habs. yeah well montreal was amazing then.
did you notice montreal probably had the best defence those years?
as soon as montreal lost their good defence. he left. he quit. as much as i hate the habs i wouldnt give up if they started to suck. then he comes back to his NEW team colorado. that was the year where they had

sakic
hedjuk
kariya
forsberg
blake
selanne

thats a good team. im not saying he wasnt a good goalie. he made good saves and stood on his head. but put him on a bad team with no defence. lets see how he does. plus my dad told me he cheated. he put air sacks in his jersey to stop the puck.

he was good but no hall of fame goaaltender

as for brodeur same thing.

hes not that big of a wuss to leave NJ is they started to suck. but NJ may no have the best offence anymore. but they have good defence who can play the trap. again im not saying brouder isnt good. but hes not as good as people say he is. when he won cups with NJ

they had great defence heres too for example

scotty niedermayer
scott stevens... who would litterally crush you so you didnt get to the net.

i like broduer and roy but to me they dont match up as the best goalies of all time.

and out of the guys on the list

i would say

i guess sawchuck since he was so good considering back in the day it was easy to score.

quote:
Originally posted by Devils Fanatic

Since the NHL is 90 years old now, who do you think is the greatest goaltender of all-time?

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Hey Leafsfan94, you off your meds or something? In what world of insanity can you come up with that the winningest and second winningest goalie of all time are not hall of famers?

And I'm sorry, but Belfour, Fuhr and Cujo do not belong on this list. Arguements can be made for Hasek, Dryden, Tretiak and even Sawchuk, but those others have no business being discussed in the same breath as Roy and Brodeur.

As for those calling Roy a whiner because he informed Ron that he wouldn't play another game for the Habs seem to forget what an absolute bonehead Tremblay was to him. 11 goals. Sorry, no bonafide NHL head coach would EVER leave their star goalie in nets like that when he is clearly having a bad night.

Also, those touting Jersey as having started the trap are off. It was started by Jacques Lemaire when he was coaching the Habs. He then brought his show to Jersey.

My question to everybody is this: if the game is an absolute must win, who do you want in net? I think hands down its Roy in his prime. 10 OT wins in a row in one playoff will never be matched again. What a ride that was!

Rambo2305 Posted - 05/12/2009 : 08:30:57
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0060

Best goalie of all time is not on here because you guys obviously don't know hockey as well as you think you do.

Vladislav Tretiak- no doubt about it, he was so good that Canada was sure he had surgery on his legs to make him so flexible.

Ok, yea, didn't Tretiak win something like 50 straight starts or something crazy like that?

"Everytime you step out onto the ice, it's a clean slate, anyone can win"
fat_elvis_rocked Posted - 05/09/2009 : 21:57:04
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0060

Best goalie of all time is not on here because you guys obviously don't know hockey as well as you think you do.

Vladislav Tretiak- no doubt about it, he was so good that Canada was sure he had surgery on his legs to make him so flexible.

The poll question......

quote:

Thanks for letting us know that we aren't as clever about hockey as we think...but apparently we get the nod in reading ability..
Guest0060 Posted - 05/09/2009 : 19:14:17

JOSHUACANADA Posted - 05/08/2009 : 13:12:10
While not the best career ever Cujo would be my favorite. When he played in Edmonton he could steal a series on his own. When he left for Toronto I was so pissed because another great player lost to a hockey meca. Maybe he didn't Dominate once he played for Pheonix but he was brought on to crappy teams to bring stability. He's another player (like Hasek) who while playing healthy was better than the goalies of his era. He will never be considered the best based on injury or inadequate playoff success.

I think time will tell if Loungo belongs on this list. Definitly to much international experience to be overlook for this list.
rross Posted - 05/08/2009 : 07:40:12
[quote]Originally posted by Rambo2305

You are missing so many greats, this poll can't work simply because there's not enough room for all....

Should be on this list....
- Curtis Joseph
- Ed Belfour
- Johnny Bower
- Grant Fuhr
- Mike Richter

....I can go on, and on, and on! :P

I don't think CUJO should be on the list. Granted, Belfour, Fuhr and Bower should be mentioned, but it all boils down to Roy and Brodeur in my opinion and maybe Sawchuk. Everyone else is close, but not on the same level based on stats/career longevity(ie Dryden, Lindbergh) etc.

Go Habs Go!!
rross Posted - 05/08/2009 : 07:36:40
quote:

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Go Habs Go!!
Rambo2305 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 06:13:35
You are missing so many greats, this poll can't work simply because there's not enough room for all....

Should be on this list....
- Curtis Joseph
- Ed Belfour
- Johnny Bower
- Grant Fuhr
- Mike Richter

....I can go on, and on, and on! :P

Guest4652 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 04:44:28
By the way, Patrick Roy has LOST more game 7's than any other goalie in history. This is true. All this talk of him being "clutch" and "money" are overblown. Great run in 86 and in 93, but best ever? Laughable really when you look at facts and stats.
Guest4652 Posted - 05/08/2009 : 04:40:30
Dryden. His save % is way up there, even if he only faced like 7 shots a game it seemed. Short career by choice. Stanley Cup winner, Summit Series winner. Winner period.
freddyboy Posted - 04/05/2009 : 11:19:15
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

take out brodeur and roy

HES A p****

as soon as montreal lost their good defence. he left. he quit. as much as i hate the habs i wouldnt give up if they started to suck. then he comes back to his NEW team colorado. that was the year where they had

sakic
hedjuk
kariya
forsberg
blake
selanne

thats a good team. im not saying he wasnt a good goalie. he made good saves and stood on his head. but put him on a bad team with no defence. lets see how he does. plus my dad told me he cheated. he put air sacks in his jersey to stop the puck.

hes not that big of a wuss to leave NJ is they started to suck. but NJ may no have the best offence anymore. but they have good defence who can play the trap. again im not saying brouder isnt good. but hes not as good as people say he is. when he won cups with NJ

scotty niedermayer

i like broduer and roy but to me they dont match up as the best goalies of all time.

i would say

i guess sawchuck since he was so good considering back in the day it was easy to score.

quote:

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

in the avs players you should add Ray Bourque, i think it's a good asset too, but to stick to the point of who's the best goalie, it's hard to say, i put them on the same level because the both have good qualities and both played really well

joe is a god, if u dont agree....i dont care
shazariahl Posted - 04/05/2009 : 10:41:44
I'd probably say the Dominator was the best, at the top of his game. The Sabbers had a 3 season stretch where they gave up more shots than any other team in the league, and yet Hasek led the league in save % those same 3 seasons. Conversely, the Devils gave up less shots than any other team in the league. I think career wise, Roy and Brodeur both rate above him, but that's also partly an age issue - if Hasek had been playing here since he was 20, his career would look much stronger.

Fact is though, that during his prime he was better than Roy or Brodeur.
hanley6 Posted - 12/30/2008 : 15:19:13
Terry Sawchuk and Eddie Belfour
Guest7010 Posted - 02/14/2008 : 21:20:26
[quote]Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

[quote]
Huh? Did you see that roster that Andy posted? That's probably as good as the Leafs roster right now.

[quote]Originally posted by Leafsfan_94
he was good but no hall of fame goaltender

[quote]
Winningest goalie of all time and the soon to be winningest (plus the soon to be most shutouts of all time) not hall worthy? Take off those Leafs winning the Stanley cup glasses and smell the 40+ year drought. Brodeur like Roy will be a first ballot HOF.
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 02/14/2008 : 17:16:22
take out brodeur and roy

HES A p****

sakic
hedjuk
kariya
forsberg
blake
selanne

scotty niedermayer

i would say

quote:

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

CaliforniaSeal Posted - 02/14/2008 : 17:08:57
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

And in respect to the Hasek debate, I guess it's a matter of opinion. Hasek, in his prime may have been the best in the period of time.

I have to agree with this. I might also add that Hasek was playing with a below .500 team in his early days in Buffalo whereas Roy was always on a above .500 team

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Alex Posted - 02/14/2008 : 15:24:20
Ken Dryden would easily have been one of the greatest goalie's ever (he obviously was, but could have been the undisputed best).

Too bad he had to go in to law after six seasons!

The only thing that comes to mind is the infamous words of Wizard of Oz (in a slight remiz version)

''Oh, if he only had no brain!''

tbar Posted - 02/14/2008 : 12:19:21
Eddie Belfour is my pick and should be compared to Roy and Brodure as far as stats go. He won Calder and im not sure how many times he had the fewest goals allowed in his net threw the entire season. He got his cup and he also put up alot of his best numbers on a weak Chicago team.

I almost forgot to mention how bad Hasek is he cant stop the puck enough times to win Detroit the cup and he only faces 15-20 shots a game and not very good ones i might add. If he wouldnt flop around the net like a retard maybe he would be able to stop the puck. How old is Osgood and he is the far better goaltender of the two.
Berniefan4life Posted - 02/14/2008 : 11:11:55
now that I found this topic...

I have two points... as much as I dislike the Hab's

ROY is the best goalie in hockey all-time, he won the cups for Montreal.. in my opinion no one else could have....

but my second GREATEST GOALTENDER is the Great, the one, the only Bernie Parent
In my books he is the Greatest "Roy" excluded.
I know I am bias but oh well.

Flyers Fan since age 5
Guest2821 Posted - 12/14/2007 : 11:56:05
Ron Hextall
andyhack Posted - 12/12/2007 : 05:13:21
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Hasek in his prime on the same team could have accomplished the same as Roy

Alex, Alex, Alex, Alex

The "same team"? What team are we talking about here? NOT the 76/77 Habs!!!!!!!!

I actually have no problem with you or Guest 5052 drawing a different opinion from me about Hasek being better than Roy or coming down on the other side of the "What if" question for Hasek instead of Roy on those Cup winning Habs teams. That is just a difference of opinion. Fair enough.

But, PLEASE, can we stop with the comments that make it seem like those Habs teams were great. They were as far from great as I am from Canada this month (pretty ffff'n FAR!)!

Here is that POWERHOUSE team that, apparently, Hasek, and from the way you guys make it sound, any of the top goaltenders, could have backstopped to the Cup in '86:

Bob Gainey (OLD BY THEN), Doug Soetaert, Patrick Roy, Rick Green, David Maley, Ryan Walter, Serge Boisvert, Mario Tremblay (OLD BY THEN), Bobby Smith, Craig Ludwig, Tom Kurvers, Kjell Dahlin, Larry Robinson (OLD BY THEN), Guy Carbonneau, Chris Chelios (OKAY, HE WAS GOOD - BUT ARGUABLY NOT YET "GREAT"), Petr Svoboda, Mats Naslund, Lucien DeBlois, Steve Rooney, Gaston Gingras, Mike Lalor, Chris Nilan, John Kordic, Claude Lemieux, Mike McPhee, Brian Skrudland, Stephane Richer

Is this team great, very good, or even better than any of the late 90s Sabres teams? I don't think so.

Alex Posted - 12/11/2007 : 19:23:41
They both had slight attitude problems though, more for Roy. And I don't understand why Roy didn't play mroe seasons. He should have and could have. Here we go again.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page