Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Atlanta and Edmonton in the Playoffs

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alex Posted - 12/12/2007 : 12:48:15
How will Atlanta and Edmonton do this season?

Habs get number 25 this year
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Leafsfan_94 Posted - 03/03/2008 : 18:42:39
i think they'll both miss the palyoffs. if i had to chosse id s atl is more liekly to make it but there both back to far in the standings to make it(as far as i know)

-Red Wings GM

Leafsfan_94

Guest4912 Posted - 12/13/2007 : 08:42:08
you are absolutly right bean 15 any one can win in the playoffs, 2004 (i think) tampa bay lighting go on to win the stanly cup. before this they were the worst team in the nhl. just goes to show you any one in the play offs can win the stanly cup..........nuf said
Guest4912 Posted - 12/13/2007 : 08:17:07
AY MEN Beans15
Guest4912 Posted - 12/13/2007 : 08:12:59
Alex, we aren't talking about "ON PAPER" were talkin about the grit, determination, and courage that it takes to go in as an 8th place team and go on a run against the premier teams. So stop talking all this s*** about "ON PAPER" Paper does not matter in the NHL anymore so stop making up excuses and watch Edmonton and Atlanta roll into the playoffs. Even if they just sneak in
Beans15 Posted - 12/12/2007 : 22:07:37
Again, the year Edmonton went to the Finals, they played the Wings in the first round. Yes, those same President Trophy winning Wings who had 124 points with the next closest team having 113 points. Those same Wings with Future HOFers Lidstrom, Chilios, and Shanahan. Those same "powerhouse" Wings with Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Schneider, and Lang.

Edmonton handed them their a$$.

Like I said, once the play-offs start, anyone can win.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Alex Posted - 12/12/2007 : 18:24:59
Fine. But for all practical purposes, on paper, who is more likely to make the playoffs - the teams thrown around in the 'NOW who will make the playoffs forum' or these two mediocre clubs? Nothing against them, they have a chance and should play for it. But I just wouldn't bet on them facing in the finals, as opposed to, say, Detroit or Ottawa, for argumnet's sake.

Beans15 Posted - 12/12/2007 : 16:18:34
As far as getting in, it's still way to early to call. Edmonton is 3 points out of 8th, and 5 points out of 3rd in the West today. There will be a couple of teams that pull away after Christmas but I would venture to say, both East and West, there there will be 8 points separating 4th through 12th. That being said, if a team like Edmonton or Atlanta "hang around" until the last 10-15 games of the season and then go on a run, they could easily make it.

And it has been proven countless times in the past, the play offs is a whole new ball game. Look at Edmonton from 2 years ago. They made it in at 8th and no one game them a chance against Detroit. They beat'em. Then, no one game them a chance against San Jose. They beat them too. Then no one gave them a shot against Anaheim. Yep, again beat them. Then, after Roli goes out in the first game of the Cup finals, again everyon wrote them off. Although they did not win, they took it to the 7th game.

My point, that year, the Oilers as the 8th place team, played and beat the highest ranked team in each round of the playoffs until the Stanley Cup Final. Season rankings really mean nothing. In 21 years of the President's Trophy being awarded, only 8 times did that team make it to the Stanley Cup Final and only 6 times did they win.

The playoffs is a whole new ball game. Edmonton, Atlanta, or any other team that makes it have a shot of winning.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Alex Posted - 12/12/2007 : 12:50:20
I think that the odds are in favour of at least one of them making it, Edmonton were the finalists two years ago, Atlanta came in third last year. But they pose absolutely no threat whatsoever to absolutely anybody come playoff time. The Thrashers have never won a single playoff game. I wouldn't be surprised if it stayed that way.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page