Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Will Crosby get 50 goals this year?

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/12/2010 : 05:29:45
Who the heck would have thought Crosby could apply himself like this . . . but here he is, still scoring goals at a pace that will at least get him in the top 3, or at the very least the top 5 goal scorers! Crosby is currently on pace to get 51goals with 35 games remaining.

Current leaders:
Crosby, Marleau - 29
Gaborik - 28
Ovechkin - 27 (36 gp)
Heatley - 26
Kovalchuk - 25 (38 gp)

Feel free to discuss whether or not you think Crosby will still be in the goal scoring race with ten games to go, and who will be there as well . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gusteroni Posted - 03/15/2010 : 14:24:45
Hmmm, I thought I voted he will get 50 this year I guess I was wrong. I have now changed my mind and as long as he wasn't hurt badly by the Downie takedown I do believe he could hit the 50 goal mark. I guess back in January I would never have predicted that he would be the overtime winner for the gold either.

When Hell freezes over, I'll play hockey there too.
Guest6010 Posted - 01/16/2010 : 12:33:46
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

6010.....calm down child, if you wanna click on my name and see if i contribute or not, by all means, go for it. I'd say i have more than enough hockey related posts to be able to throw the odd non hockey post out there, esp when someone cracks me up. BTW, you've yet to explain your "i can't take you seriously" crack at me in the other post. That was not only a hockey related reply, but one which was completely to do with the thread its in. So, do explain yourself. The more you post these little attempts at a feud, especially with all the spelling mistakes and poor grammar, the more i begin to realize you forgot to sign in. Anyone seen brentrock lately?

Guest 9188, sorry for "LOLing" at your expense but i found larrydavid's post to be kinda funny. I also apologize for not realizing that Eaton was a dman and thus putting you in "distress"? Living out west here, i don't see him often and thought he was a winger? I know, and i'd say everyone on here knows, how a line is made up and that dmen play in pairs. I originally thought you were being sarcastic but that doesn't seem to be now that i look back! If you really thought i knew Eaton is a dman and still thought he was playing on Crosby's line, give your freakin' head a shake! I noticed he assisted on a couple of Crosby's goals. Seeing as i don't follow the Pens that much and i don't draft a lot of 3rd or 4th liners nor defensive dmen in hockey pools, i was unaware that he was a dman....so sue me? BTW, if you wanna get technical, your comment that "A defence-man can never be a forward's linemate." is very untrue. Just ask guys like Kevin Bieksa, Dustin Byfuglien and many other dmen who've been asked to sub in at forward at times. In Byfuglien's case, he has now been converted to fwd. BTW, here's Crosby's last 3 goals....

vs. Calgary: Sidney Crosby 30 (Mark Eaton)
vs. Minny: Sidney Crosby 29 (Mark Eaton, Pascal Dupuis)
vs. Minny: Sidney Crosby 28 (Pascal Dupuis, Mark Eaton)

Notice a pattern? Notice now why i made the comment / asked the question in the first place? Oh, there was another goal in there that Guerin scored and it was Eaton and Crosby with the assists? Regardless, thanks for the hockey lesson. While you're at it, could you tell me what those guys with black and white stripes on their shirts are doing out there without sticks?

maybe i am brentrock, but u seem like a person who trys to be cool but just look like a total plug doing it
Alex116 Posted - 01/15/2010 : 19:02:44
6010.....calm down child, if you wanna click on my name and see if i contribute or not, by all means, go for it. I'd say i have more than enough hockey related posts to be able to throw the odd non hockey post out there, esp when someone cracks me up. BTW, you've yet to explain your "i can't take you seriously" crack at me in the other post. That was not only a hockey related reply, but one which was completely to do with the thread its in. So, do explain yourself. The more you post these little attempts at a feud, especially with all the spelling mistakes and poor grammar, the more i begin to realize you forgot to sign in. Anyone seen brentrock lately?

Guest 9188, sorry for "LOLing" at your expense but i found larrydavid's post to be kinda funny. I also apologize for not realizing that Eaton was a dman and thus putting you in "distress"? Living out west here, i don't see him often and thought he was a winger? I know, and i'd say everyone on here knows, how a line is made up and that dmen play in pairs. I originally thought you were being sarcastic but that doesn't seem to be now that i look back! If you really thought i knew Eaton is a dman and still thought he was playing on Crosby's line, give your freakin' head a shake! I noticed he assisted on a couple of Crosby's goals. Seeing as i don't follow the Pens that much and i don't draft a lot of 3rd or 4th liners nor defensive dmen in hockey pools, i was unaware that he was a dman....so sue me? BTW, if you wanna get technical, your comment that "A defence-man can never be a forward's linemate." is very untrue. Just ask guys like Kevin Bieksa, Dustin Byfuglien and many other dmen who've been asked to sub in at forward at times. In Byfuglien's case, he has now been converted to fwd. BTW, here's Crosby's last 3 goals....

vs. Calgary: Sidney Crosby 30 (Mark Eaton)
vs. Minny: Sidney Crosby 29 (Mark Eaton, Pascal Dupuis)
vs. Minny: Sidney Crosby 28 (Pascal Dupuis, Mark Eaton)

Notice a pattern? Notice now why i made the comment / asked the question in the first place? Oh, there was another goal in there that Guerin scored and it was Eaton and Crosby with the assists? Regardless, thanks for the hockey lesson. While you're at it, could you tell me what those guys with black and white stripes on their shirts are doing out there without sticks?
Guest6010 Posted - 01/15/2010 : 16:37:14
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Larrydavid

Guest 9188

Can you explain how a line is made up again. Share your knowledge.

LOL! Simply a beautiful reply

y do u make posts like this no ones acres about u saying good job honestly we want hockey posts, and u may say this isnt a hockey post buts it to show u what u sound like
Guest4623 Posted - 01/15/2010 : 16:01:28
yes eaton is a stay at home defenceman.. he would probally be the last defenceman on the pens that would get moved to a forward line with crosby
Canucks Man Posted - 01/15/2010 : 12:13:40
quote:

Guest 9188

I actually think the guest has a vaild point, as Eaton is a defenceman.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Guest9188 Posted - 01/15/2010 : 12:03:38
joke all you want larry david, but unfortunately there are some people out there that seem to think crosby and eaton are linemates. watching a game should dispell this error, or even a simple understanding of how lines are formulated might as well. It may seem funny to some people, but to call oneself a hockey fun without such primary knowledge as LW, C, RW (not LW, C, D) is distressing.
Alex116 Posted - 01/14/2010 : 13:24:03
quote:

Guest 9188

LOL! Simply a beautiful reply
Larrydavid Posted - 01/14/2010 : 11:35:27
Guest 9188

Guest9188 Posted - 01/13/2010 : 21:17:35
Eaton does not play on Crosby's line. They may be on the ice at the same time on occasion, but are not linemates. Eaton's "linemate" would be goligoski or letang or mckee. Crosby's linemates would be someone like guerin, kunitz, rupp, or dupuis, etc.
Guest9188 Posted - 01/13/2010 : 21:14:40
eaton is a defence-man. mark eaton, originally from the nashville predators. I think he wears number 7, but not positive. A defence-man can never be a forward's linemate. There are forward lines that consist of 3 forwards (LW, C, RW) and defensive pairings that consist of two defencemen.
Beans15 Posted - 01/13/2010 : 12:26:15
It also doesn't hurt that he is shooting more than ever before, 1/2 shot/game higher than he next highest season so far. He's firing nearly 4 shots a game where he has averaged closer to 3.2 shots/game for his career.

And it's not like Crosby has ever been a poor goal scorer, he just has been a better set up guy. This season, he is being a bit more selfish and shooting more because I think he takes it upon himself to produce for his team. He has the pressure of the Cup on his shoulders.

I think a similar motivation is driving Patrick Marleau. He got stripped of the C and he was widely crtizised for San Jose's lack of performance in the playoffs. So he comes out shooting. He's on pace for the most shots in his career as well.

It's a magical thing. When good players shoot, they score goals!!

On an interesting side note, of the top 10 goal scorers(and ties) in the league today, only Zack Parise has more shots than Ovechkin. The different is Ovechkin has played in the fewest games of those top 10 goal scorers. To put it into perspective, Kovalchuk, who has just one goal less than Ovechkin, has played in 39 games and has records 138 shots. Ovechkin, playing in 2 fewer games, has 199 shots.

If Crosby had his same shooting percentage and taken the shots Ovechkin has, he would have 40 goals today!!

What's it's even more interesting to me that Ovechkin, playing in fewer games, logging fewer minutes per game than Crosby has the ability to toss 2 more shots per game at the net AND has more assists than Sid the Kid.

Who woulda thunk......

n/a Posted - 01/13/2010 : 05:45:24
Yeah, I think it's clear that his increased scoring is as a result of no sniper linemates . . . who else besides me took a flyer picking up Kunitz in a pool, thinking that he was good for 30 goals playing with Crosby? Ouch is all I have to say . . .

What hasn't been brought up, however, is anyone thinking that Crosby's increased shots, resulting in more goals, might be because he wants more respect . . . and commendation, and recognition . . . like a certain Caps player gets.

I have to think that at least partly, there is some motivation for Crosby - personal motivation, I would say, nothing more, nothing less - to get his MVP back.

It's the perfect year to do it, and everything is working out in his favour so far: the Caps supporting cast is smoking hot, taking away a bit of the glimmer from Ovechkin; Malkin is having an off-season for his calibre of play; and the other candidates for MVP are all guys who are not quite at their echelon of play or also have great supporting casts (Thornton, H.Sedin, Gaborik, etc).

I don't think Crosby is only trying to score more to get MVP; he's not that selfish, IMO . . . but, I think his "competition" with Ovechkin is a motivating factor.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Beans15 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 18:18:45
quote:
Originally posted by willus3

quote:

Pretty impressed with his production thus far. Anyone know who his linemates are right now? Seems to be getting points with Eaton and Dupuis lately? If those are his regular linemates, imagine what he could do with some more skilled guys?

This is the reason I believe he is scoring more this year. I think he knows he has guys on his wings who just aren't good enough so he has taken the responsibility to score. As the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Agreed. At one point I was reading that Kunitz, who is not a bad hockey player, had something like 3 goals in 28 games with Crosby. How is that possible?? I mean I could get more than that playing with Crosby on bob-skates!!

For the record, he plays time with Guerin and a plethora of guys on the other side (Eaton, Rupp, etc) when I have watched.

Here's a further point to how good Crosby has been this year. For that guy who's about to say that Crosby played the PP time with Gonchar and Malkin. Well, of his 56 points, he has only 14 points (6 goals and 8 assists) on the PP.

In fact, of the league's top 10 scorers in the NHL today, every other player has more than that on the PP!

(ALthough Sedin with 15 of his 63 points on the PP is pretty impressive as well)
willus3 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 16:00:32
quote:

Pretty impressed with his production thus far. Anyone know who his linemates are right now? Seems to be getting points with Eaton and Dupuis lately? If those are his regular linemates, imagine what he could do with some more skilled guys?

This is the reason I believe he is scoring more this year. I think he knows he has guys on his wings who just aren't good enough so he has taken the responsibility to score. As the old saying goes, if you want something done right, do it yourself.
Alex116 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 13:30:38
Beans15 Posted - 01/12/2010 : 13:28:44
I think Crosby cools slightly in the goal scoring but still do very well in the overall points race.

I just see this Kid more about winning than scoring goals for his own benefit. Basically where other players near the top of the scoring race in the last 10-15 games will take more shots to try to get that Richard Award, Crosby will use that to his advantage and make the pass to an open man for the goal.

I see 40-45 goals, 60-65 assists and 100 to 110 points. Oh ya, and a comfy home ice advantage in the playoffs.
Gusteroni Posted - 01/12/2010 : 12:31:25
The second half of the season is going to be a lot tougher for both divisions as they will be playing more within their conference. That being said, I voted Crosby will be a bit short and in the 40's as most of his opponents in the next couple months are going to be teams that play him all the time and have systems to shut him down. Also the injuries in Pittsburg could add to the equation but then again I could be totally wrong!!

"There are only two seasons in Canada...hockey season and not hockey season."

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page