Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 NHL players from your hometown

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jumbo Joe Rocks Posted - 05/24/2010 : 08:35:13
Did you have NHL players grow up in your hometown.

RESIGN NABBY AND PATTY
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Guest1701 Posted - 06/16/2011 : 08:22:02
Eston Saskatchewan:

Scott Hartnell
Guest4228 Posted - 06/15/2011 : 18:15:28
Winnipeg

Jonathan Toews...woop woop!
Guest4312 Posted - 06/07/2011 : 11:46:51
to add to Regina Sk (just above^^) Ryan Getzlaf played for the hitmen but is from Regina. Mike Sillinger also from regina
Guest2262 Posted - 06/07/2011 : 10:44:43
On an unrelated note, my grandma was telling me the other day about how her nephew (my second cousin) used to shoot hoops with Steve Nash when they were kids, and she would sometimes make them lunch. Small world!
Guest2262 Posted - 06/07/2011 : 10:42:43
Jeff Tambellini went to my high school (Coquitlam, BC)
Guest4488 Posted - 06/07/2011 : 05:46:23
Bobby Clark, Gene Carr, Reggie Leach were all from my hometown Flin Flon.
Guest6816 Posted - 06/05/2011 : 11:36:23
My friend used to live in Wowota Saskatchewan and played road hockey with Brooks Laich
onecup Posted - 06/04/2011 : 13:59:46
The one I remember tipping a few in was Caesar's Pub. Then I think it changed to Brother's Pub and I couldn't tell you whats there now.

The harder you pull the trigger, the farther the bullet goes...
Alex116 Posted - 06/04/2011 : 12:10:08
quote:
Originally posted by onecup

My Wife and I graduated together in Sicamous B.C. Shea Weber's Mom and Cody Fransen's Dad were in our grad class of about 43 kids. (I'd have to find the old annual and count to be sure) The big thing back then was the Flocky Hockey school the Flockhart brothers used to put on in Sicamous. Not bad for a town of about 3500.

Didn't they have a bar there too? Flocky's? Something like that? Nightclub-like place? Or am i thinking somewhere else. Remember knocking back a few pints back in the day there during summer holidays!
onecup Posted - 06/03/2011 : 22:51:52
My Wife and I graduated together in Sicamous B.C. Shea Weber's Mom and Cody Fransen's Dad were in our grad class of about 43 kids. (I'd have to find the old annual and count to be sure) The big thing back then was the Flocky Hockey school the Flockhart brothers used to put on in Sicamous. Not bad for a town of about 3500.

Guest4589 Posted - 06/03/2011 : 19:38:08
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4529

thunder bay ontario is rhe pro hockey player capital of the world, with a city of 100,000 we have about 15 active players in the nhl right now

Actually, Welland, ON (pop approx 50,000), has more NHL players per capita than any other city/town in the world.
Cbrand Posted - 05/06/2011 : 18:10:24
From Regina,Sk , where I was born and still live
83 people from here have been in the NHL.
12 are currently active in the NHL but only two active in the playoffs
Scott Hartnell ( Flyers )and Tanner Glass (Canucks) in the playoffs still and one on Team Canada ( Jordan Eberle) !

Go Tanner and Ebs go!
Guest6863 Posted - 04/30/2011 : 02:41:11
Maple Ridge, B.C.

Andrew Ladd
Cam Neely
Kirby Posted - 04/29/2011 : 23:35:52
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9235

Legal , AB, Ky;e Chipchura played a year of hockey out here, he is on the wal for minor hockey pictures. And another guy tried out for the Oilers from here awhile back and tried to fight Laroque in training camp, his name was Sean something. He never played a legit game but was in training camp. Not bad for a town of 1200 I guess, and 1200 is stretching it

Sean Legault was the guys name, and this was me fyi I just couldnt remember my proper username at the time

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be. -Wayne Gretzky
Guest8589 Posted - 04/29/2011 : 15:25:41
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9046

London Ontario. Off the top of my head:

Drew Doughty
Eric Lindros
Jeff Carter
Brian Campbell
Andy McDonald
Craig Simpson
Mike Stapleton
Sam Gagner
Joe Thornton
Jeff Hacket
Craig McTavish
Doug Jarret
Cody McCormick

as well as
Logan Couture
Brad Marsh
Rob Ramage
Doug Crossman
Nazim Kadri
Brandon Prust
to name a few more
Guest4529 Posted - 04/29/2011 : 13:54:17
thunder bay ontario is rhe pro hockey player capital of the world, with a city of 100,000 we have about 15 active players in the nhl right now
Guest4125 Posted - 03/17/2011 : 21:31:46
after a whole bunch of Guinness and a double rye & coke (happy st. patty's day) only three come to mind:
Mississauga (born)
J. Spezza
B. Boyes

Oakville (currently reside)
J. Tavares
Guest7076 Posted - 03/17/2011 : 20:12:57
Does any of you guys in Winnipeg, know of Travis Zajac's heritage? I think it's safe to say that at least part of ot is Slavic , possibly Polish, as his last name means Rabbit in polish :D Just curious........Since K. Oliwa and M. Cerkawski retired it's down to only Wolski and Komisarek. rob
Guest4696 Posted - 01/25/2011 : 19:12:29
I KNOW JONATHAN TOWES WAS BORN ON THE SAME DAY AND SAME CITY WE HAVE THE SAME NAME AND SAME LAST NAME AND WE WERE BORN ON THE SAME YEAR AND I AM JONATHAN TOWES OF THE CHICAGO BLACKHAWKES I AM IN THE HOTEL AS WE SPEAK I JUST CAME BACK FROM MY GAME AGINST THE CRAPPY MINNISOTA WILD THEY JUST BEAT US THE SUCK IT WAS LITTEL GOAL A FLOOKE ACTUALLY WHO CARES SCREW THEM MY GOOD PAL PATRICK KANE WANTS TO WRITE SOMETHING IF YOU WANT TO SEE LOOK AT THE NEW TOPIC PATRICK AN I MADE CALLED WHOSE THE BEST DEFENDER IN THE NHL TRUST US WE WOULD KNOW THE BEST DEFENDER WE PROBABLY GOT HIT BY WHO EVER YOUR GONNA SAY IF YOU WANT SEE IT GO KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
sahis34 Posted - 01/24/2011 : 23:04:57
Edmonton, so about 30 current NHL players

Go OILERS Go!!!
Guest6985 Posted - 01/24/2011 : 18:38:20
as well as Ken Ellacot, Red Laurence, and ref Bob Hodges. All of their jerseys hang in my local rink :P

And of course the legendary Hespeler hockey sticks, which were used by Gretzky, Hull, Lemeiux, and other greats.
Guest6985 Posted - 01/24/2011 : 18:33:33
Cambridge, ON

Tim Brent
Kirk Maltby
Brian Little--->born in Edmonton but raised here
Jim Schoenfield

and Todd Bertuzzi lived here in his OHL days.
KariyaSelanne Posted - 01/20/2011 : 22:41:27
During the offseason I honestly see Darren Helm like once a week , hes always around town
ryan93 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 21:02:32
I didn't realize Teddy Purcell was from Newfoundland! It's the same here in PEI, we have quite a few guys playing in the NHL right now. While Brad Richards is the only real star, there's also Steve Ott (Dallas), Adam McQuaid (Boston), Darryl Boyce (Toronto), Nathan McIver (not sure if he's been up this year yet or not), etc. Dion Phaneuf also has strong ties to the Island and he & Elisa Cuthbert spend the majority of the off-season here. Brandon Gormley was a 1st round pick of the Coyotes this past summer & would of played in the World Juniors if not for injury.
The Duke Posted - 01/20/2011 : 20:10:23
As a province ( NFLD ) only 500,000 people, we are starting to get some more representation in the NHL.

These players are mostly in close proximity to me, from 10 mins. to a 2 hour drive.
Danny Cleary...det
Michael Ryder...bos
Ryan Clowe......sj
Teddy Purcel....tb
Adam Pardy.....calg
Gary Roberts parents ( i think ) were orginally from NFLD.
Darren Langdon...retired

On a side note, i think the first Newfoundlander to play in the NHL was Alex Faulkner, he made the Detroit Red Wings when the NHL had only the orginal 6 teams, quite a feat in those days when coaching here on the island was quite non - existent.
Guest6816 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 19:09:36
Kevin Kaminski
Guest4778 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 18:58:04
North Delta - Troy Brouwer
doublechamp7 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 17:35:28
Players from my hometown
Toews
Zajac
Darren Helm
Keith(born here but grew up elsewhere)
Sharp(same as Keith
Nigel Dawes(AHL goal leader this year)
Dustin Boyd

The juniors have failed for Canada
foolpittier Posted - 01/20/2011 : 17:10:59
[quote]Originally posted by Jumbo Joe Rocks

NHL players from Cole Harbour are .....
Sidney Crosby
Joe DiPenta
Cam Russel
Craig Hillier
Jody Shelley (he lived here for 5 months)

RESIGN NABBY AND PATTY
[/quote

Cole Harbour for me as well]
Guest5001 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 15:39:34
Brantford, Ontario & Simcoe, Ontario. Spent half of my life in each of those cities.

Brantford:

Wayne Gretzky
Keith Jones
Chris Gratton
Doug Jarvis

Simcoe:

Rob Blake
Nelson Emerson
Dwayne Roloson

just off the top of my head...
Alex116 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 10:15:49
Anyone from the Sutter bros hometown would have a nice little list with the six of them!

Amazes me everytime i read about them that the other brother who didn't "chase the dream" was arguably the best of them all???
Mario 66 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 10:01:21
Grew up in Sydney Nova Scotia so their was a lot of older guys that played in the nhl but not many from my time. Played with Norm Ferguson's Nephew's and against Jame's Sheppard who is from halifax. Lived in Mississauga the last 14 yrs my buddies older bros is one of Jason Spezza's bf and sadly my gf's cousin is one of Avery's good buddies but willing admits he can be a real DB.

Side note my cousin was to play on the Nova Scotia Baseball team with Crosby. That was the yr that Crosby packed up and went to the prep school in Minnesota.

Lemieux owns Gretzky
Guest0507 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 09:35:54
Red Deer and Central Alberta

Trent Hunter
Mike Moller
Randy Moller
Bill Ranford
Chris Mason
Darcy Tucker - Endiang
Derek Morris -Sylvan Lake
Brandon Sutter
Jim Vandermeer - Caroline
Perry Turnbull - Bentley
Brian Ogilvie
Brad Stuart - Rocky Mtn House
Guest4803 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 09:19:04
went to school with Jamie Benn, others currently in the nhl Ryan Obyrne
Guest6362 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 07:26:33
Lachine, Mtl

Yvan Cournoyer

My dad and my uncle went to the same school as him.
Guest8623 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 05:04:27
quote:
Originally posted by Guest7371

scott stevens, david clarkson, derek roy, brian bradley

K TOWN

Although he did play for Kitchener, Derek Roy was not born there, he is from Rockland, Ontario near Ottawa
Guest7540 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 05:03:47
I'm from Laval, Quebec and Pascal Dupuis is from here also :)

GO PENS GO!!!
Guest9235 Posted - 01/20/2011 : 01:16:08
Legal , AB, Ky;e Chipchura played a year of hockey out here, he is on the wal for minor hockey pictures. And another guy tried out for the Oilers from here awhile back and tried to fight Laroque in training camp, his name was Sean something. He never played a legit game but was in training camp. Not bad for a town of 1200 I guess, and 1200 is stretching it
Guest4412 Posted - 01/19/2011 : 23:30:34
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

I live in Burnaby, home of the immortal Joe Sakic. There is even a street named after him here (a small street). Other notables from Burnaby - Karl Alzner, Darren McCarty, Byron Ritchie, Cliff Ronning (he still has a house here I think), Greg Zanon

\

Just rereading this stuff, looking for follow lower mainlanders. Seems you forgot about Brendan Morrison! He has his own arena/sports center!

A friend of mine pointed out recently that a vast majority of big name musicians were from smaller cities. Likely because there are less things to do or be distracted by, leaving more time for one to strum his guitar. But this theory it seems is also relevant for professional athletes.

I am from Vancouver, and although I haven't actually done any research, the only players I know of from the City are Evander Kane, Milan Lucic, Chuck Kobasew and Paul Kariya. Seems like all the aforementioned cities had maybe about the same amount, but consider the population difference. Per capita, Vancouver would be way down. I have also been told that Saskatchewan pumps out the most pro athletes per capita than any other Province or even State.

Sort of a cool theory, but maybe there isn't actually anything to it.

But anyways, Milan Lucic and Evander Kane carry my home town pride! It's cool to see people my age in pro sports, especially when I've got a couple friends who played with both of them.
Guest9046 Posted - 01/19/2011 : 22:27:52
London Ontario. Off the top of my head:

Drew Doughty
Eric Lindros
Jeff Carter
Brian Campbell
Andy McDonald
Craig Simpson
Mike Stapleton
Sam Gagner
Joe Thornton
Jeff Hacket