Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 2011 Calder Trophy finalists

NOTICE!! This forum allows Anonymous Posting.
 Registered members please login above or input your User Name/Password before submitting!
Screensize:
Authority:  UserName:  Password:  (Member Only !)
  * Anonymous Posting please leave it blank. your temporary AnonyID is
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to include your profile signature. (Member Only !)

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nuxfan Posted - 04/19/2011 : 10:09:35
The finalists have been announced, who do you think will take it?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ToXXiK1 Posted - 04/21/2011 : 10:59:24
Logan Couture
Ovechkin fan Posted - 04/21/2011 : 09:36:28
Fastest skater and is great all around I think skinner

Free
n/a Posted - 04/20/2011 : 05:30:23
Yeah, tough to make the cut this year . . . no clear cut "generational" player, but there were just so many good rookies this year. Subban is a tough cut for sure, same as Carlson and Shattenkirk.

I go with Skinner, Couture is a close second, Grabner third for me.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
nuxfan Posted - 04/19/2011 : 16:18:21
It was a pretty deep season for rookie defensemen - how do you nominate Subban, but not also nominate Shattenkirk or Carlson?
Mario 66 Posted - 04/19/2011 : 14:46:25
Really surprised Subban did not make the cut

In youth we learn; in age we understand
nuxfan Posted - 04/19/2011 : 14:42:54
quote:

I'm still a little shocked at Grabner's +/- being so good considering he played on long island and i'm even more shocked that Florida gave up on him so quickly!

I don't know - we saw Grabner for a season, and one thing he definitely made clear was that he is streaky. He went for games without doing anything, and then suddenly turned things on and scored in bunches. I don't think he showed a lot of anything in training camp with FLA, certainly they had no problem waiving him.

Looking at his season in NY, up to Jan 13, he had 9 goals - he scored the other 3/4 of his goals in the final 1/3 of the season. The timing coincides with the sudden pickup in play of NYI as well, I suppose the question is, was Grabner instrumental in NYI turnaround, or was he along for the ride?
Guest4988 Posted - 04/19/2011 : 14:31:27
Corey Crawford deserved to be in the top three, but I do admit, all three of these guys had good years, so it's difficult to knock one of them out.
Alex116 Posted - 04/19/2011 : 13:40:27
I agree, i think it's Skinner's for sure. Heard there was some grumbling in Chi that Crawford didn't get mention but i think that just goes to show you that there was a darn good crop of rookies this year! Shattenkirk and Carlson were two good dmen who could have easily been on the ballot in other years!

I'm still a little shocked at Grabner's +/- being so good considering he played on long island and i'm even more shocked that Florida gave up on him so quickly!
ryan93 Posted - 04/19/2011 : 11:53:07
All 3 had great rookie seasons, each scoring over 30 goals. I voted Skinner...i think he should & will win it.
Canucks Man Posted - 04/19/2011 : 11:07:02
Skinner for sure, youngest player this year. Most rookie points. Enough said. I am a big Grabner fan, but I say he's 3rd out of the bunch, still a great year for all 3 rookies and well deserved nominations!

CANUCKS RULE!!!
nuxfan Posted - 04/19/2011 : 10:11:20
no real surprises here, they were considered the frontrunners from March onwards. I think Skinner takes it.

Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page